Sutton Utd | Vital Football

Sutton Utd

Old Poolie

Vital Squad Member
I'll be more than surprised if Pools manage to get a result on their plastic pitch - but you can never rule Pools out of doing the unexpected.

Knowing the results from elsewhere ahead of the Sunday lunchtime kickoff could well dictate how both teams approach this game. I am anticipating a close match with Sutton winning by a solitary goal.

Sutton are better than us as is evidenced by the facts that they have won more games, lost fewer, scored more goals and conceded fewer. In addition to this they have the advantage of their plastic pitch and a home crowd. If that were not enough, they will know that beating Pools will virtually guarantee promotion and make them champions in all but name. By the time the match kicks off, Stockport will have hammered Woking and will be fast disappearing over the horizon so Pools wont want to risk injury trying to win a game that will ultimately not effect our league position. Dave C has already said there may be a couple of changes so we wont even be fielding a full strength team. Pools will stand up and be counted and give Sutton a decent game but if Sutton don't win I will be absolutely astounded. They will play us off the park but a combination of nerves and determied defending will keep the score to a respectable 2-0.