Survey on the mental health of football fans | Page 2 | Vital Football

Survey on the mental health of football fans

Done. In regards to clubs responsibility to mental health I thought they should be more active in raising awareness amongst fans, although I could not provide any suggestions on what that should look like.

I'm never sure. Do we go to football to be 'preached' at? Not sure what they could do really, that most people don't already know. If the stigma of mental health can be chipped away at, great, but I don't really want a list of things being thrown at me where I go for my fix of football. It starts to look all a bit misguided and self righteous at times.

I guess there is a balance somewhere along the line.

The only thing I mentioned is that the Foundation do a fair bit on Mental Health.

Yes, nearly tagged them when I shared this on twitter. That sort of approach I like, it is the sweeping campaigns in football, especially when the holier-than-thou footballers are asked to be spokesmen, that I am not a fan of. Nor, as I've said (and mentioned in the forum) do I want to go to sport or anywhere else, and get preached at over whatever the flavour of the month is campaign wise.

That is, in no way, dismissing the problem of mental health or indeed, other very worthy campaigns. But sometimes, just sometimes, you should be allowed to enjoy what you are doing without being weighed down, otherwise it can add to your own mental health issues?!