Survey on the mental health of football fans | Vital Football

Survey on the mental health of football fans

The Fear

A Wise Man (once sat next to him)
Aston Villa fan, know his dad well, proper good guys, has a survey that I'd love as many as possible to do for him, for his studies.

The survey is a nation-wide survey of the mental health of football fans in English professional football. The survey is intended for anyone aged 18 and above who currently lives in the United Kingdom or the Republic of Ireland, and is a fan of a team in the top four tiers of the English professional leagues. My research is concerned with understanding the mental health of fans and how this can be best supported and promoted in the future. Responses to the survey are anonymous and the survey has been given full ethical approval by Edge Hill University.

https://edgehill.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/mental-health-of-football-fans-in-english-professional-foo

Seems easy enough, some interesting questions, not sure I'd want football clubs giving me mental health advice I must say, nor that they should!?

Seems easy enough, some interesting questions, not sure I'd want football clubs giving me mental health advice I must say, nor that they should!?
No I agree, but they should definitely be looking after the mental health of players and employees.

I would attend events/programmes put on by the club if appropriate. It would be good to see them putting back into the community and mental health is still quite stigmatised I think, certainly male mental health and in the male-dominated world of football.

Done. In regards to clubs responsibility to mental health I thought they should be more active in raising awareness amongst fans, although I could not provide any suggestions on what that should look like.