Surely dead man walking | Vital Football

Surely dead man walking

jocklatic

Vital 1st Team Regular
I've always thought we should give PC the time to turn it around but surely after today's defeat he's got to be a dead man walking with the final blow of the sack due at anytime. Only trouble is who replaces him & will they improve our sorry bunch???

that is the problem after witnessing that performance today do you trust him with any transfer money available?

I agree with most of that, Give him time. if you dont then who replaces him? I just dont think he needs sacking

Some on here think we offer a million pound a year contracts to mangers

Last edited by a moderator:
Poor, poor performance in second half.
I have been a supporter of backing the Manager, but after today's shambles I find myself wondering, what if??
But, having had time to settle I think that on balance we need to keep Cook and back him in the transfer window. Our last two seasons in this league have shown us that changing the manager is a desperation tactic and rarely makes that much difference in a positive way.

I agree with most of that, Give him time if you dont then who replaces him, I just dont think he needs sacking

Careful..grammar police on the prowl.

Although it was festive.

Poor, poor performance in second half.
I have been a supporter of backing the Manager, but after today's shambles I find myself wondering, what if??
But, having had time to settle I think that on balance we need to keep Cook and back him in the transfer window. Our last two seasons in this league have shown us that changing the manager is a desperation tactic and rarely makes that much difference in a positive way.

Think you may well be right KM .. ...but no doubt the hindsight brigade will know better. I'm in the camp of the fence sitters n not sure which way to jump...stick or twist/ stick or twist!!

Think you may well be right KM .. ...but no doubt the hindsight brigade will know better. I'm in the camp of the fence sitters n not sure which way to jump...stick or twist/ stick or twist!!

same here nowt much improved last time we was in this position in this league when we sacked GC also after UR was ditched

officially on the fence

Moonay with your new found glasses....what's the future likely to be ...a new manager, stick with what we've got or roll the dice????

There no doubt the new owners (and the Royles) will be looking for some improvement but I suspect a decision to change the Manager would be dependent on a few things:
1. Cooks relationship with Reid and how much Reid rates him
2. The feeling in the dressing room, and whether or not he still has the confidence of the players.
3. The availability of a replacement who Royle (but which one, or both?) fancies.

Personally, as I've said elsewhere, I just can't countenance us changing the Manager mid season for the third Championship season in a row. I say keep him....... and if we do go down (& I don't think we will), well, I enjoyed last season tremendously.

There no doubt the new owners (and the Royles) will be looking for some improvement but I suspect a decision to change the Manager would be dependent on a few things:
2. The feeling in the dressing room, and whether or not he still has the confidence of the players.
3. The availability of a replacement who Royle (but which one, or both?) fancies.

Personally, as I've said elsewhere, I just can't countenance us changing the Manager mid season for the third Championship season in a row. I say keep him....... and if we do go down (& I don't think we will), well, I enjoyed last season tremendously.

is Reid still at the club not heard much about him this season

[QUOTE1. Cooks relationship with Reid and how much Reid rates him.[/QUOTE]
Reid rates him. I heard that from the horse's mouth last season.

We are sleepwalking to relegation with Cook and if he had any pride he would walk after a second gutless home performance - its disgraceful.
Are all you "stick with Cook" lads happy for us to be ole'd and battered every week cos I'm not.
He's lost his bottle, the fans and today seemingly the players - who apart from Morsy and in part James bust a gut today Get rid and quickly

I agree with most of that, Give him time. if you dont then who replaces him? I just dont think he needs sacking

ok craig. we need to speculate to acumalate.

we pay a maneger a milleon and stey up. the value to club is about 3-4 milleon in champeonship fees etc.

pay nowt and go down we get league 1 money and mite still be paying champ wages to most of are pleyers.

time to roll the dice

He's doing a shit job with no sign of improvement in fact the opposite we're getting worse week by week.
In any other walk of life a P45 would beckon and as this is even more a results based business the royals need to call 494949 and quickly

As I said in the match thread Hampton, Evans scores, and Walton takes that ball and it's (possibly/probably) a different game.

As I said in the match thread Hampton, Evans scores, and Walton takes that ball and it's (possibly/probably) a different game.

But they didn't Moonay, because they're not up to it, it appears. Let's be honest if either of them were, they'd be at at Sheffield United and Brighton, respectively.