Surely dead man walking | Page 3 | Vital Football

Surely dead man walking

but heers the rub king.

what if west brom put out 2nd string agenst us in the cup (at 4th they must have a cheeky eye on automatic place) and we sneek a cheeky win.

will are fans feel apeesed. will they see a false dawn. do iec think that cooks turned a corner. times runing out so if we keep him for the next 2 games we have to keep him til the end and give him the transfer kitty. some yogh choices coming up i think.

I know exactly what you mean i think unless we play the first team and get utterly battered at West Brom in the cup any result wont really change much. But the fact that we desperately need players and the window is open does really need the the decision to be made now. The last thing we want is to back him and then keep losing and then sack him with all the money wasted and the window shut. If i was IEC id make the decision now either way but i just dont think they will.

They won't have lost a penny on their investment. The football side is second fiddle to the land and real estate they have purchased for next to nowt really.
Well if you feel IEC will not be fussed by the loss in EFL dosh champ to L1 I hope you are right - dont think many would be

but heers the rub king.

what if west brom put out 2nd string agenst us in the cup (at 4th they must have a cheeky eye on automatic place) and we sneek a cheeky win.

will are fans feel apeesed. will they see a false dawn. do iec think that cooks turned a corner. times runing out so if we keep him for the next 2 games we have to keep him til the end and give him the transfer kitty. some yogh choices coming up i think.
Exactly. I fancy us against West Brom. They’ll pick the stiffs while we start the likes of McManaman and Grigg. The frustrating thing being if we end up winning, Cook gets lauded as a genius and those who’ve questioned him gloated at. Then it’ll be back to the same old s**te faces against Villa and we’ll get turned over again.

" The frustrating thing being if we end up winning, Cook gets lauded as a genius and those who’ve questioned him gloated at. "

why do you have to make it into a us v them scenario surely any win is vital to the club at present .

I didn't like the defeatist interview Paul Cook did, it was very much a case of him holding his hands up. I have a level of sympathy for him, in so much as he has lost his key players to injury, however it is clear to see that he hasn't exactly spent the limited budget he had to work with particularly well. It really does look like he's ran out of steam and enthusiasm for the role and keeping him in it in that case would be the wrong thing to do for everybody concerned.

Given that Manchester United have recently changed their manager and it seems to have worked for them, it could be possible that the owners see that and follow suit, regardless of the advice given by Joe Royle.

My only concern is that I do not know who we bring in to replace him. There are names that have been put out there as a possibility and there's a good case for all of them. I'm just not sure of how much they'd get to spend and if it would work. I've more questions than answers.

Solksjaer at United is just a puppet,Ferguson is running the team.
Maybe we will do the same, puppet Unsworth with Royle doing the donkey work.

Just watched the post match interview from yesterday.
If Cook really thought "there was nothing between the teams" then either he's massively in denial or my sight is failing me.
The inference of it's all about luck is a stuck record and piss poor if that's all he has to offer.

Haven't seen the interview Hampton, but I have read it, linked from a tweet from a Sheffield fan saying the same as you. However, don't both of you have the context wrong? It read as if he was referring to the first half........ not the whole game.

The stats for the first half, and yes that's what I understood Cook was referring to, were pretty even however it was very clear to everyone from minute 1 that one team was vastly superior in terms of pace, movement, game plan and technique and it wasn't us sadly.

Solksjaer at United is just a puppet,Ferguson is running the team.
Maybe we will do the same, puppet Unsworth with Royle doing the donkey work.

corect.

the prob we will have there is that if we stey up then unsworth is handed the job permenently and we start the merrygoround of menegers agen.

I don't disagree, but we deserved to go in level at half time........ yet within 5 mins of the restart, we were 2 down!

That changed things massively.

I might be a bit late to this news but I was reading this morning that Joe Royle blocked the appointment by Cook of a new chief scout (Doherty, currently at Celtic who is a mate of Cook’s).
To me that in fixates a beautiful a board hat doesn’t have full confidence in the manager and must surely have damaged the working relationship between Cook and Royle/the board