Supreme Court Verdict | Page 7 | Vital Football

Supreme Court Verdict

This can't be sorted by a different parliament, the Libs are going to revoke article 50, the Tories are falling apart, Labour doesn't even know what it wants.
Forget a GE and go for a people's vote, round 1, remain or leave, if leave wins round 2, leave with a deal, leave with or without a deal.
The politicians have had 3 years to mess this up and proven themselves to be inept, time for common sense to prevail and leave politics on the sideline.

We had a people's vote in 2016 , and are still waiting for it to be delivered

This can't be sorted by a different parliament, the Libs are going to revoke article 50, the Tories are falling apart, Labour doesn't even know what it wants.
Forget a GE and go for a people's vote, round 1, remain or leave, if leave wins round 2, leave with a deal, leave with or without a deal.
The politicians have had 3 years to mess this up and proven themselves to be inept, time for common sense to prevail and leave politics on the sideline.

Would you accept a 50.1 /49.9 result to leave or would you want yet another recount.
Would the losing side accept the result?
Would a narrow remain be any more legitimate?

Only a new parliament can sort it.

I`m just fed up with the way the matter has dragged on and on and then been dragged on and on. When it comes to common sense I think that your solution, nitram, is a good common sense way forward - even though it might take two rounds. Whether it would be acceptable to those dug deeply in their trenches is another matter. If the referendum is to be re-run then surely there has to be a binary choice and the original question must be asked again, in the light of, apparently, a clearer comprehension of the consequences of Brexit. Your proposed Round 2 solves a lot of problems, IMO, and is, indeed, a common sense approach.

If we have a GE, whoever wins will probably poll less than 40% of the vote, how is that preferable to a peoples vote of 50.1 %
Just asking the question.
Would a narrow vote for either remain or leave be anymore legitimate than the original?

Would a narrow vote for either remain or leave be anymore legitimate than the original?
Of course it won’t,the country is split,and will remain that way for a very long time.
Corbyn won’t support a No confidence vote
I can’t see any party getting a working majority for a long time either,
Country is well and truly f***ed up

Our lack of unity ever since the first referendum result has made the EU's job easy, why negotiate a sensible deal when the UK can just destroy itself.
All the views expressed on here, all the views expressed in parliament, Just single minded people trying to score points for political reasons.
Time people started thinking of the UK as a single unit, any decision made or forced by fragmented groups will not stop the total shambles we are currently seeing.
I voted remain and accepted the outcome of the referendum. The problem has been from the start that the leave vote won by what can only be described as a very narrow margin given the fundamental shake up to the UK's economy, social infrastructure and life in general. With this in mind and with nearly 50% opposed to leaving, it was never going to be plain sailing. You simply can't claim a democratic victory and ignore the wishes of a major stakeholder in the country's future.

I voted remain and accepted the outcome of the referendum. The problem has been from the start that the leave vote won by what can only be described as a very narrow margin given the fundamental shake up to the UK's economy, social infrastructure and life in general. With this in mind and with nearly 50% opposed to leaving, it was never going to be plain sailing. You simply can't claim a democratic victory and ignore the wishes of a major stakeholder in the country's future.

But they were not the major stakeholder, were they?
So I think you have just admitted that you can NOT accept the vote.

You can actually.
A majority was all that was asked for.
There was no other conditions.
Add to that the fact that both major parties stood in 2017 of honouring the vote result.
Honour the vote of course but you can't ignore the views of nearly half the voters unless you want trouble.

If Corbyn had done what Johnson has done, van you imagine the response?

DM etc would be hysterical. ST would of course have backed him up!!!

This is just manipulating the vote and splitting the leave vote so remain wins. I am against a second referendum of all sorts and think we should leave deal or no deal on 31 October. However, I can see that the remain majority parliament will never accept leaving and the establishment, whether it be big business, bankers or the legal system will throw all of their weight behind stopping it as we've seen.

So, maybe we do need a second referendum. As all we keep hearing from those who want a second referendum is that, it's not that they don't accept the first referendum, they just want the people to have a final say: let's let the people have the final say. As is their wish, we respect the first referendum and we have a final say second referendum, which is in the last week of October. In the meantime, Boris and his team negotiate a second deal with the EU over the next month and we continue our final preparations to leave with no deal.

Come the end October, we have a second referendum with the two choices: leave with Boris's deal (with the "backstop" being Theresa May's deal, if there is no new deal agreed) or leave with no deal. We leave on 31 October regardless.

As I say, not a route I think we should need, but it would be a good way of calling the bluff of those remainers who keep saying they accept the original referendum and don't want to overturn it, but just want a say on the final deal.
Aa I sais, and others have, I really can't see parliament agreeing to any deal after a GE as I can't see any party having a majority. Sadly, I think a 2nd ref is the only way forward, but I think to have 3 options would be muddying the waters too much. I think it should just be no deal or one of the deals, either one based on May's WA or something new that Johnson has agreed with the EU. I voted Remain, but we simply must honour 2016 referel
I would accept 50.1%