Supporters Club | Page 36 | Vital Football

Supporters Club

This is £200k "loaned" by the SC to the admins ......!
Beggars feckin belief that given the funds they then undersold they had the brass neck to ask for it in the first place🤔
The admins have "committed" to paying it back - don't let the feckers leave without it being in the bank account as sure they will be as good as their word !🤥

I have no idea what the state of play is with the soccer dome and academy but that or replacing Euxton training ground are the 2 things that the money would be best put towards as it will benefit the club long term. I imagine 200k probably wouldn't cover the full cost but it can only help.

I'm disappointed we haven't been able to keep the full lot to put towards those things but I understand why it's not possible.

Now the deal is all but done hopefully in the not too distant future we can get a detailed run down on what the Supporters Club have been doing through this.

It's been a source of much debate so it would be good to hear the full story from start to finish from their perspective.

I'm thinking it would probably need to be like that 90 min interview Jay Whittle did with Krasner going through each bit in chronological order as there is so much to cover.

Could we set up our own radio station or Tv station for much more than pre match. Match,post match. Regular interviews old and new footage etc with past and present players, in fact all things Latics

Just a thought who gave lodgers permission to hang their rags in the south stand
im sure they could be removed and replaced permanent by latics flags

Now the deal is all but done hopefully in the not too distant future we can get a detailed run down on what the Supporters Club have been doing through this.

It's been a source of much debate so it would be good to hear the full story from start to finish from their perspective.

I'm thinking it would probably need to be like that 90 min interview Jay Whittle did with Krasner going through each bit in chronological order as there is so much to cover.

I was thinking about this earlier KDZ, and in all honesty I'd be happy for them to take their time and maybe publish a "tell all" book - warts and all. I'd buy it, proceeds could go to help fund future WASC ventures or to charity maybe.
The film rights would be worth a fortune as well ;)

I was thinking about this earlier KDZ, and in all honesty I'd be happy for them to take their time and maybe publish a "tell all" book - warts and all. I'd buy it, proceeds could go to help fund future WASC ventures or to charity maybe.
The film rights would be worth a fortune as well ;)

Who would you get to play Krasner ?

My view on the role of the SC, taken from the Rugy Post 12th Man column on Saturday morning ...

Wiganers make the best moaners. No matter what the situation, a Wiganer will always find summat to moan about. We had John Sheridan as manager, we moaned, he was gone. The team was struggling and playing poorly, we moaned, they’ve improved. The admins couldn’t find a buyer, we moaned, they went back to (and dusted off) one they’d previously discarded. We’re all (nearly) as happy as pigs in muck. But, we’re still a bit cheesed off. We still need a target (or two) about whom we can have a reet good whinge. So, who’s not done ‘emselves any favours? Who hasn’t done every little thing that’s been asked of them? Who do we reckon we could have done a way way better job than? You’ll be amazed to hear some folk think the answer to these questions – and the new recipients of our (Champions League-standard) moaning – is the Supporters Club. Yep the Supporters Club. The ones who helped the club finish last season. The ones who helped raise over three quarters of a million pound in total. The ones who’ve been working tirelessly to make sure we didn’t end up another Bury, or Macclesfield. I know. You can’t make it up, can you? So, on behalf of those of us who aren’t blessed (or is it afflicted?) with the moaning talent, can I offer a big thank you to the Supporters Club, and all connected with them, for the (largely) thankless work they’ve done to make sure we have a club to follow. Generally though, your reward will undoubtedly be to be told ‘aye, but they could o’ kept us out of t’ dark a bit more’...!

Generally though, your reward will undoubtedly be to be told ‘aye, but they could o’ kept us out of t’ dark a bit more’...!

I do agree with this bit - and rightly so !

Believe it was fans and others who raised the money - more facilitated by the SC.
That they gave £200k as a loan to the admins and kept schtum until this week also needs explaining by both SC and admins

Believe it was fans and others who raised the money - more facilitated by the SC.
That they gave £200k as a loan to the admins and kept schtum until this week also needs explaining by both SC and admins

The 200k was from the first appeal for funds, to keep the club running, last season. To complete our fixtures.
The admins said that they would always repay this cash to the SC.

The above was reported widely, last season.

I thought you had already said the above a few days ago.

The 200k was from the first appeal for funds, to keep the club running, last season. To complete our fixtures.
The admins said that they would always repay this cash to the SC.

The above was reported widely, last season.

I thought you had already said the above a few days ago.
If it was widely reported the I missed it !
In any case given the endeavours of the admins that they position the SC to get the £200k back on transaction and that the SC agreed this is beyond belief.
I did call this out a couple of days ago and will continue to as it's wrong.
If the club had been liquidated would the SC have got the £200k back ? If it was protected in some way come out and confirm this or is it NDA for a change
Meanwhile the admins would have waltzed off with the Euxton proceeds and the sell on fees in their back pocket.
We are all delighted that we seem to be out of the shit of course however the lessons / mistakes / challenges need to be shared and learned from for everyones benefit

I agree too, and I've said so on here. I do however understand why they didn't say more, or at least, more frequently.

Point taken re the facilitation ... the pedantry is applauded. ;)

I don't know what you mean about the £200k loan. That was the first fundraising activity. It was raised with the expectation of allowing the team to finish last season. We all knew that. The Admins said it would be paid back to the SC if there was sufficient money from the sale of the club.

The SC didn't "keep schtum" in any way whatsoever.

I think you may have grasped the wrong end of a stick somewhere along the line.

In any case given the endeavours of the admins that they position the SC to get the £200k back on transaction and that the SC agreed this is beyond belief.
If the club had been liquidated would the SC have got the £200k back ? If it was protected in some way come out and confirm this or is it NDA for a change
Meanwhile the admins would have waltzed off with the Euxton proceeds and the sell on fees in their back pocket.
We are all delighted that we seem to be out of the shit of course however the lessons / mistakes / challenges need to be shared and learned from for everyones benefit

So two sharp on the ball people did not miss the purpose of the first 200k

EDIT Three people

I sometimes lose track of what it is that's causing you to be so outraged.

Here, I'm just flummoxed.