Supported Spurs since 1987. Never been to a home game........until now | Vital Football

Supported Spurs since 1987. Never been to a home game........until now

Littlest Hobo

Vital 1st Team Regular
It all started watching the players in the 87 season wearing those tight white shorts. For me something just clicked and I have only ever loved Spurs. Always lived the other end of the country and growing up, playing myself, family etc etc it just hasn’t ever been possible to get to a home game. I have managed to watch the odd game away from home (the Leeds away game in the cup being a real low).

Anyhow, it’s my birthday today and my wife and kids surprised me with tickets to take my (Liverpool mad) son to New White Hart Lane on Sunday versus Inter. To say I am excited is an understatement.

This isn’t a thread to boast. I am travelling from Leicester on the day and hoped to drive a little closer, park for the day and get the train in or something to this effect. Anyone able to give me a heads up for the best way to get in and out. I will have a 5hr drive home after the game.

Thanks for any help

Not really here to help with logistics I'm a born Londoner and tube In and out. I simply wanted to say have a wonderful day. I fell in love a bit before you and like you never loved another. That 87 side should have gone closer than they did, it's great your going home after all these year.

It all started watching the players in the 87 season wearing those tight white shorts. For me something just clicked and I have only ever loved Spurs. Always lived the other end of the country and growing up, playing myself, family etc etc it just hasn’t ever been possible to get to a home game. I have managed to watch the odd game away from home (the Leeds away game in the cup being a real low).

Anyhow, it’s my birthday today and my wife and kids surprised me with tickets to take my (Liverpool mad) son to New White Hart Lane on Sunday versus Inter. To say I am excited is an understatement.

This isn’t a thread to boast. I am travelling from Leicester on the day and hoped to drive a little closer, park for the day and get the train in or something to this effect. Anyone able to give me a heads up for the best way to get in and out. I will have a 5hr drive home after the game.

Thanks for any help

Happy Birthday Sir

Thanks spurdon. I think that 87 team was exactly what spurs have always been about for me. It’s not just about winning

Told my lad he was going to see a modern stadium. He made some sarky comment about trophy rooms. I want this to blow his mind

Hi and Happy Birthday....I would suggest getting to Walthamstow Central and taking the Victoria Line to Tottenham Hale (2stops) and then walking to the ground from there....there appears to be an NCP car park there as well....you can find all the info on the Internet...I’m not an expert but that would be my route.

Happy Birthday!

Supporting Spurs from abroad since the early 80's, it was years before I was finally able to travel to London to see a match at WHL. Incredible feeling! Enjoy the experience.

Happy Birthday Hobo, Iv supported Spurs since 78. Been to the Lane a few times and Wembly,planning to go to the new stadium this season.You are going to have one hell of a day,what a Stadium to make your debut in, really enjoy mate,all good things come to those who wait..☺

Hobo have a great day...listen FYI White Hart Lane and Seven Sisters are closed this sunday due to engineering works so discount them totally. Might be worth considering, as you are driving from midlands, heading for one of the greater anglia stations north of london on the Cambridge to Liverpool Street line. Look at the attached schedule for Sunday 4th and see what station/area best meets your needs and parking and get one of the trains south to Northumberland Park which is a 1/2 mile walk from the East of the stadium. I'll be there...enjoy your day mate...the stadium is awesome!!! The attachment has the whole train schedule/times for Sunday on that route.

https://www.greateranglia.co.uk/sit...ZVJXoE-l4Y/tottenham_v_inter_milan_040819.pdf

Happy birthdays all round then . Hope you have a great day LH. Greavesie has given the best advice . Can’t believe the other stations are closed but I suppose that’s unavoidable given the amount of work going on there .,
Hope the day turns your sons head as well . Ask him how many trophies his team has won this pre season ! Huh , that will shut him up !
:bday: And you US ✈️. ?

Unfortunately some one born in August tends to have the following traits...

1.Need their own space. (So don't sit next to them at the game!)
2.Think they're always right. (Ask them the score before the game!)
3.Will show sudden outburst of emotions. (Duck if we score)
4.Feel hesitation to share their feelings face to face. (Don't ask if they are enjoying the game)
5.Are not easily impressed, they just want to feel special. (so give em a pat on the back after the game when they have got the score completely wrong)
6.Don’t like wasting money- neither asking for it. (don't expect them to buy you a beer at halftime but offer them one)
7.Keeping them interested may be a struggle. (remind them of the direction of the pitch occasionally)
8.Are stubborn (Write down their score prediction before the game and get them to sign it so after the game they can't deny getting it completely wrong)
9. Are easily irritated and get angry quickly. (after showing them thier prediction, .....run!)
10.Are motivated people. (follow them to W.H.L station after the game,...you will get there in half the time)
11.Apparently they are fortunate. (Fortunate that you have not bopped them on the chin by now)
12. They're very tolerant but don’t push them to the edge. You may be the one that goes over. (yeah right this trait is totally at odds with all the above points.)

4.Feel hesitation to share their feelings face to face. (Don't ask if they are enjoying the game)
5.Are not easily impressed, they just want to feel special. (so give em a pat on the back after the game when they have got the score completely wrong)
6.Don’t like wasting money- neither asking for it. (don't expect them to buy you a beer at halftime but offer them one)
7.Keeping them interested may be a struggle. (remind them of the direction of the pitch occasionally)
8.Are stubborn (Write down their score prediction before the game and get them to sign it so after the game they can't deny getting it completely wrong)
9. Are easily irritated and get angry quickly. (after showing them thier prediction, .....run!)
10.Are motivated people. (follow them to W.H.L station after the game,...you will get there in half the time)
11.Apparently they are fortunate. (Fortunate that you have not bopped them on the chin by now)
12. They're very tolerant but don’t push them to the edge. You may be the one that goes over. (yeah right this trait is totally at odds with all the above points.)

:rofl:

‘Kin ‘Ell greavesie . Have you got a special seat in the stadium where no one can get near you !

No ! Wait ! ............ I’ve sussed you out .......! !

You are Daniel Levy !

It all makes perfect sense now , don’t try to deny it !

Thanks for any help
How did your day go LH. How did it all pan out . ?