Support local teams when the Blades aren't playing. | Vital Football

Support local teams when the Blades aren't playing.

MaxBlade

Vital Youth Team
As it's the International break and therefore no Blades action this weekend, me and the lad went down to the Proact to watch Chesterfield v Dover Athletic.
Not going to say too much about the football because it was pretty desperate at times tbf, but just wanted to give a bit of praise to the fans.
Just over 4,000 fans doesn't sound much on the face of it, but concidering this is non league and Chesterfield have lost their last 6 games, pretty impressive I'd say.
The noise they were making was quite incredible, they didn't seem to stop singing from kick off to final whistle - they even had a drummer banging away at the back of the stand.
Dover brought just shy of 140 - again pretty impressive concidering their recent form has been just as miserable as Chesterfield's and the distance they've had to travel.
Just a bit of a reminder of what footballs all about - loyal fans supporting 'their team' through thick & thin. Fair play to both sets of fans.
I'd recommend anyone gives it a go next time the Blades aren't playing.
Sheffield FC & Hallam are also on the radar as options for next time.
?

I sometimes go and watch the Millers when either we aren't playin or we are away(i've been twice this season and went 5times last season) and i'm not goin(i dunt go to many away games nowadays)A couple of seasons ago i went to watch Stocky play and i watched Matlock play whilst our Gertie was lookin round the Xmas fete for a couple of hours season before last. UTCB