Support for lewis (Racist tweet) | Page 3 | Vital Football

Support for lewis (Racist tweet)

My off topic fingers are getting twitchy & is hovering over the report button, please get back to football!!!

Using Alerts/Reports causes an inordinate amount of work for me & those at Vital HQ. Misuse of that function is therefore something that I'd ask posters to refrain from.

I try to keep an open mind and allow threads to develop, but am becoming somewhat fractious, just having to deal with daft squabbles and unwarranted alerts.

If you truly have an issue with a poster or their posts, then use the Ignore Function - this will remove posts from visibility.

I dont condone racism at all, I was moaned at once for criticising his beard and I have no issue making a mockery out of religion. But never ism's. :D
Some right hypocrits n here tho, one minute slag off a scouser generically then say they are anti racism. Dont really see the difference personally.
Always wondered why state the obvious when we state racism is bad... tho ive changed my mind and think yeah actually it should all be called out every time

Quite right, with a triple whammy to follow...

1 - Weakening of the pound makes our exports less competitive to our biggest trading partner (EU).

2 - Exacerbated thought tariffs once we are forced to join the WTO.

3 - Larger civil service to cater for the extra bureaucracy in enforcing new rules, paid through increased taxation.

Surely if the pound is weaker then our exports are cheaper (for them) and imports are more expensive. Ok so for those who import from the EU, to make products for the EU, their costs will be higher.

Surely if the pound is weaker then our exports are cheaper (for them) and imports are more expensive. Ok so for those who import from the EU, to make products for the EU, their costs will be higher.

Can you keep it on topic please FF59? I'm here to discuss and read about Forest, not the weak pound.

No wonder fewer and fewer people post on here these days :shake:

Apart from we've seen no significant increase in exports and once there are tariffs and barriers...

That aside we're thoroughly dependent on imports.

No.

With the pound weakening (1.15 GBP to E1 6 months ago to £1.07 GBP to E1 now - see link below), it costs an importer more in Euros to purchase the same GB priced product, and that is even before the final brexit is confirmed, our entry into the WTO or any tariffs (or extra taxation) are determined and if a no-deal brexit is sought by the Tory party.

6 months back something priced at £500 cost an EU importer E434 to import.
Now, that same product costs E467

https://www.bing.com/search?q=gbp+to+euro+over+the+last+6+months&PC=U316&FORM=CHROMN

No.

With the pound weakening (1.15 GBP to E1 6 months ago to £1.07 GBP to E1 now - see link below), it costs an importer more in Euros to purchase the same GB priced product, and that is even before the final brexit is confirmed, our entry into the WTO or any tariffs (or extra taxation) are determined and if a no-deal brexit is sought by the Tory party.

6 months back something priced at £500 cost an EU importer E434 to import.
Now, that same product costs E467

https://www.bing.com/search?q=gbp+to+euro+over+the+last+6+months&PC=U316&FORM=CHROMN

Except you've got it all back to front !

GBP =1.15 Euro's Euro = 87p
GBP=1.07 Euro's Euro= 94p

In the first case £500 = 575 Euro's (You multiply)
Second case £500 = 535 Euro's

Our product is 40 Euro's cheaper !

It’s simple:

Assuming they were priced in Euros, all of our continental signings this summer cost 15pc more than they likely would have done without Brexit

On the positive side, when we sell Liam Bridcutt and Daryl Murphy to Barcelona, we should be able to get 15pc more than we would have done

It’s simple:

Assuming they were priced in Euros, all of our continental signings this summer cost 15pc more than they likely would have done without Brexit

On the positive side, when we sell Liam Bridcutt and Daryl Murphy to Barcelona, we should be able to get 15pc more than we would have done
Nah. They'll just get them 15pc cheaper.

That's right.
Low pound should be good for our exports.

Shame most of the things we sell are made from European components... which will cost more for our manufacturers. That's why we haven't seen a big boost in exports, because we have to put the price up despite the pound being low.

And, the fact that we have a massive trade deficit!

Yet again, it is you who's got it back to front. The few things that we actually manufacture rely upon components from the EU so it actually costs more.

Yet again, it is you who's got it back to front. The few things that we actually manufacture rely upon components from the EU so it actually costs more.

So 100% of the things we export are all manufactured from EU parts !? I think not.
Of course we also export lots of non-manufactured things too. Whatever your views on Brexit, Blackgold has clearly got his exchange conversion the wrong way round.

So 100% of the things we export are all manufactured from EU parts !? I think not.
Of course we also export lots of non-manufactured things too. Whatever your views on Brexit, Blackgold has clearly got his exchange conversion the wrong way round.

100%

That's preposterous!

It varies between 30% and 90% depending on sector

But the Rees-Mogg's will make an absolute killing off the back of those who voted for it, which was what it was all about, and in the end the people who voted for it and have been ripped off by it the most will end up believing they should thank them for it.

That is the story of most of British history

JRM is a disaster capitalist

Just like his father before him who actually wrote a book on it

JRM has has got his serfs believing Brexit is to help them

And the deluded have lapped it up

Like he gives a fook about anyone else