Superman | Vital Football

Superman

Bolshie Budgie

Vital Champions League
I see there are suggestions that McCallum may be sent out on loan. Does this mean Superman (Steiperman) will be the no 2 left back during this loan period?

I am not going to criticise a single England T20, One day or Test Match player.
They are a fantastic team with great spirit and wonderful match winning individuals
and I travel a lot of the world to watch them.
I will certainly not have a pop at Buttler.

Michael Bailey says in an Athletic piece on Jacob Sorensen that McCallum seems likely to go out on loan this season, which makes sense to me.
Lewis‘ replacement is Xavi Quintilla and he looked good against Huddersfield, I am assuming the decision to start him there means he’s first choice.
McCallum needs to play because he needs to continue his development and sitting on the bench watching Xavi and then playing in the U23s is not going to do much for that.
Ben Gibson can play left back as well, so we would seem to have at least some cover although he’s clearly a better CB.
If Xavi stays injury free and plays like his CV suggests then we will be ok but you can never under estimate the cost of a nasty tackle of freak injury - we had enough of that last season.
The news Sam Byram is going to be out until January is a big worry but if McCallum were to be loaned out with a recall clause or at least a half season break in any deal then we should be okay.
Fingers crossed, famous last words etc etc etc

Just like last season leaving ourselves short in the left back position.

I think Rupp is seen as left bsck replacement. Also maybe byram recovery is better than expected. Still if Xavi is to get injured before byram (right back) is fit I'm not confident of Gibson or Rupp at left back.

Michael Bailey says in an Athletic piece on Jacob Sorensen that McCallum seems likely to go out on loan this season, which makes sense to me.
Lewis‘ replacement is Xavi Quintilla and he looked good against Huddersfield, I am assuming the decision to start him there means he’s first choice.
McCallum needs to play because he needs to continue his development and sitting on the bench watching Xavi and then playing in the U23s is not going to do much for that.
Ben Gibson can play left back as well, so we would seem to have at least some cover although he’s clearly a better CB.
If Xavi stays injury free and plays like his CV suggests then we will be ok but you can never under estimate the cost of a nasty tackle of freak injury - we had enough of that last season.
The news Sam Byram is going to be out until January is a big worry but if McCallum were to be loaned out with a recall clause or at least a half season break in any deal then we should be okay.
Fingers crossed, famous last words etc etc etc

Two seasons ago, Godfrey played as a sort of LB......

I liked steipy when we went up, but last season the man was a joke, he wouldnt even attempt to win headers, he prefers to try to draw fouls for some reason

Its because football is played on the ground unless you are going to place it on Hugill's head. As for winning free kicks my be he has learnt fom the legend Grant Holt....get a free kick on the edge of the box and pace a kick into the net (well thats how the theory goes). With Quitilla, Martin or Vrancic taking free kicks that might work