Superbowl | Vital Football

Superbowl

holtelower

Vital Football Hero
I am really surprised there isn;t a thread for this already.

I am off tomorrow so I am going to stop up and watch it. I am not into American Football at all, but I do find the Superbowl a very entertaining night and we should take a leaf our of its book for the FA Cup final.

Must be Broncos tonight, can't imagine a Seattle victory, but I am just looking forward to a good sporting event where I am not bothered about the result

Annual viewing in this house. We turn American, have a few tinnies, get the junk food in but retain our Englishness by watching it the day after when we can fast forward past all the crap lol

Manning all the way I think. Get his second and equal his bro's record I believe?

Anyway I shall be back after watching it.

Surprised to see a thread about this, but my pre match prediction for the Seahawks (influenced by a friend of mine from Seattle) is going well so far!

Just chundered everywhere. I was supporting the Broncos's, WTF happened to Peyton Manning - hes supposed to be good??!! My team lost by 8-49 ponts or something - pretty shit but it made me realise something- I will always support Aston Villa. It is embedded into by neuro biological system; the underdogs... the shit team in the superbowl I will always support, and the reason is Aston Villa. We may not winning anything but my heart a d soul is with this one club which I will support through thick and thin for the entirety of my life because I am a villa fan I love them as much as it's possible to support anything in the world and rant is over but AVFC is my life whether is comes to supporting Villa or just anything that resembles Villa I will support because home is where the heart lies and my heart is in Villa Park xxxx

I never really managed to get into American rugby. It looks good in the movies but when I've watched it on TV it's always reminded me of rugby league, too stop start for me. Rugby union is another matter, I always loved watching the internationals, especially the old 5 nations matches (yes I know there are now 6 in the competition but I go back further than that). Rugby union is beautiful, flowing game when played well and a tactical game of chess too, even when not flowing.

SKEGGY - 3/2/2014 12:34

Who won this if after all to be crown World Champions .

They are indeed the World Champions of America, just like the winners of the baseball World Series.

mike_field - 2/2/2014 23:18

Manning all the way I think. Get his second and equal his bro's record I believe?

Ha ha - couldnt have been further from it mate!

Brilliant close up of him in the very first play of the match when the snap flew straight past his face!!

Villan Of The North - 3/2/2014 13:14

They are indeed the World Champions of America, just like the winners of the baseball World Series.

My understanding is that the original Baseball "World Series" was thus named because of its sponsor, "The World" newspaper.

Tried to watch it again but I just can't, 1 minute of play then 20 minutes of adverts and pundits talking rubbish, complete waste of UK TV space.

Trekker - 3/2/2014 16:54

Villan Of The North - 3/2/2014 13:14

My understanding is that the original Baseball "World Series" was thus named because of its sponsor, "The World" newspaper.

Intersting, however, they still call the winners theworld champions.

What people don't understand is that the adverts are a part of the spectacle for the American audience, we of course get the shitty UK ones. But they have specially made ones just for the around the Superbowl.

I'm by no means a fan of NFL but enjoyed the spectacle of it all, I think its good to broaden the horizons sometimes and experience different sports.

The game is very stop start but that's the nature of the beast, same as Rugby and Cricket have a lot of "breaks" in play.

Had everyone grown up around it they'd probably enjoy it a lot more but like me just have no understanding so find it hard to enjoy it all when hearing they need to gain yards to the line of scrimmage or whatever!

I like a bit of NFL actually I dont find it boring at all although last night wasnt a great game... You just saw probably one of the best defensive displays ever from one if not the best defence ever...

I had Seahawks to win it but its not as if I picked it I just listened to some things that swayed me...

I wanted the Broncos to win, but suspected the Seahawks would. They have been different class all season.

Denver's defence was shocking. I can't remember seeing a performance that bad at this level, ever.

James06 - 3/2/2014 13:30

mike_field - 2/2/2014 23:18

Ha ha - couldnt have been further from it mate!

Brilliant close up of him in the very first play of the match when the snap flew straight past his face!!

The proverbial duck has been well and truly.....

Wow was not expecting that.

Thought it would tight, but Manning would be the difference. He probably was, that close up was a fantastic insight into how the game went lol

And fine folks of Vital, that is exactly why I don't bet PMSL

can we all get back to being English now instead of bumming a sport that no one really gives a crap about? :)