Super Kevin Austin | Vital Football

Super Kevin Austin

Davidimp

Vital Football Legend
Been announced by Swansea that he has terminal cancer.
Just awful.
One of the best defenders I've seen for Lincoln in my 30+ years of going.

Terrible news. In my all-time Imps XI alongside Gareth McCauley at centre back. I thought he was slightly underrated whilst with us and had he not had that terrible knee injury he would have gone onto play in the Premier League.

Terrible news.

Great player. Enormous legs. Such a shame he got his injury at Barnsley after us as I felt he could have gone a long way in the game.

Awful news... heart goes out to him and his family.

I’d rate Austin as the best centre-back I’ve seen in the red and white... an absolute man mountain who I never saw make a mistake. Along with Gareth Ainsworth, John Beck’s best signing.

My thoughts are with Kevin and his family at what must be a truly devastating time.

A fantastic Imp who I had the pleasure of talking with on a couple of occasions and who is a thoroughly decent and nice chap as well.

How absolutely awful.

Scored the winner against Man. City in their last league visit here didn't he? Seem to recall smashed it in from close range.

What a great player a team City and then at Swansea. Where he became a legend in their rise from the foot of the pile to premier league regs. He was the template for Swansea’s Ashley Williams. So similar.
Good look Kev
Top player

Was it Lee Thorpe that did him at Barnsley about 2 weeks after he left us?
Shocking news for the fella, or anyone. Once again puts football problems clearly in context. More important than life or death, ask Kevin!

Confirms he is not terminally ill - that appears to be a rumour that appeared on social media.