Super Kal | Page 7 | Vital Football

Super Kal

Nope 2 holding one more advanced. If you are suggesting Naismith is a better player than any of the other three then i would be somewhat surprised

If Evans had played instead of Naismith, Morsy could have played in a more positive attacking role. I seem to remember when he first came back from his loan spell that is where he was played and looked a lot more suited there than in the defensive role he has occupied since.

Dont rate him at all but todays stupid decision by him only became his to make once burn and kipre threw him under the bus by not attacking the first ball.
If anyone needs criticising today its Vaughan for the godawful schoolboy miss at 0-0 and 11v11

Four defensive midfielders today Negative Cook playing to keep the score at 0-1.

I wasn't convinced with the subs at the time but after the initial chaotic 20 mins when they scored we were by far the better team. By the end of the game i think you have to concede that the subs worked quite well on balance although they were a little unconventional on paper.

On the sub front bringing on Garner for Windass was a worse sub than the other two in hindsight.

As for Naismith he's done quite well from attacking point of view at left back but we all knew that defensively he was suspect. Unfortunately he got caught out today and made the split second decision to risk pulling the lad and hope the officials missed it - it was obviously a bad decision and it cost us. Better defenders than Naismith have done what he did today but I've always thought Byrne or even Connolly (neither midfielders in the memory of man) would be safer bets at left back than Naismith. So hopefully we'll see that now and it will open up a spot on the right of midfield to finally put McMannaman in the side as i think that will make more sense than having Naismith in defence and Byrne in midfield.

Four defensive midfielders today Negative Cook playing to keep the score at 0-1.
Did you actually go to the game??
We were getting battered and forced back into defending on the edge of our box.
After giving it a few mins to assess the situation, which was not getting any better, Cook brought on 2 subs, changed the formation an pushed Morsy and Evans further forward with Gibson behind them. Yes they were defensive players that he brought on but one played at RB allowing the RB to play WB and the other played in front of the defence allowing two players to press higher up the field.
It worked after a couple of minutes and we looked by far the better side in the second half. I wouldn't have thought of doing that but he did and the only question I have is would it have been better to take Windass off and not Vaughan as he would have done more pressing and chasing but he must have had his reasons.

It was a very interesting shape in the second half it was a 3-3-2-1 a bit like Leeds played against us but with a man missing (they were 3-3-1-3). I was super impressed with how Leeds played that day and throught their set up was something to aspire towards for many teams.

I was super impressed with how far forward we pushed Evans and Morsy to press their back line.

It would be a big change but i think there could be legs to that type of system for us.

Did you actually go to the game??
We were getting battered and forced back into defending on the edge of our box.
After giving it a few mins to assess the situation, which was not getting any better, Cook brought on 2 subs, changed the formation an pushed Morsy and Evans further forward with Gibson behind them. Yes they were defensive players that he brought on but one played at RB allowing the RB to play WB and the other played in front of the defence allowing two players to press higher up the field.
It worked after a couple of minutes and we looked by far the better side in the second half. I wouldn't have thought of doing that but he did and the only question I have is would it have been better to take Windass off and not Vaughan as he would have done more pressing and chasing but he must have had his reasons.
Yes Kenneth, we had two shots on target and lost. Spirited fightback was excellent to see but don't let that take anything away from a Warren Joyce type performance in the first half and early in the second.

And there were no extenuating circumstances Jeffery??
Anyway if you thought that was a Warren Joyce type performance then you really do need to look at some videos of games from that time.

We played 85 minutes with 10 men against a team in a play-off spot. We could have been ahead in the 15 minutes it was 11v11. We totally dominated the 2nd half. For a spell after the sending off we were getting torn to shreds.

Please explain to us all what you would have done if you was the manager and what as a fan you would have been satisfied with