Super Kal | Page 5 | Vital Football

Super Kal

Lincs.......... Bob on
MiW............ Messi-like, give over... Who's said that

His record under Cook is way better than when not under him. Cook has apparently tried to sign him in the last 2 windows.

Let's keep our powder dry and wait till we see him before we flourish our condemnations.

His record under Cook was at L2 level (decent in about a dozen games). We are now two divisions higher than that and as you well know the standard is far far higher than that in the Championship. In between his record last year was crap. As such I fail to see how the assumption will therefore be that he's somehow going to improve us. Trying to sign him to play in L1 is completely different and now that league campaign has passed its irrelevant.

The point was...... Cook obviously thinks he can fulfill a role........ at this level.

No idea if he's right or not. I'll wait and see.

Well at least Massey will be glad that we signed Naysmith, he may no longer be the target of the "experts". Naysmith is the new Jordie!

Well at least Massey will be glad that we signed Naysmith, he may no longer be the target of the "experts". Naysmith is the new Jordie!

Yeah he probably is, given the new guy that plays in his position isn't going to significantly affect his place in the squad. Still let's hope he doesnt express a wish to leave, the abuse he'd get from those holier than tho would be deafening and he'd go from hero to zero overnight.

Moonay, you're like the Switzerland of the vital Latics world, I hope those splinters aren't too painful!
Merci bien Monsieur........ (they do speak Frog, don't they?)

Other than against us, I've never seen him play.

Against us, I've no recollection of him doing owt either decent or shite.

Why would I either boost or condemn him?

Cooky must rate him........ and his track record so far seems to be fairly decent (judgement-wise).

I'm not so arrogant to presume that I know better.

That's all.

His record under Cook was at L2 level (decent in about a dozen games). We are now two divisions higher than that and as you well know the standard is far far higher than that in the Championship. In between his record last year was crap. As such I fail to see how the assumption will therefore be that he's somehow going to improve us. Trying to sign him to play in L1 is completely different and now that league campaign has passed its irrelevant.

Do you have some axe to grind with this lad as you seem very intent in regurgitating past facts and figures. Give the lad a rest its all getting very boring now.:shake:

Sorry mate..... Only just seen this.

He scored. He was otherwise poor....... But he wasn't alone.

Crack on if you must....... but who's to say he won't come good. Cook must think so.

Such pragmatic reasoning and logic is not accepted in these parts Moonay, you should know that by now. ?

I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt and also willing him to have a good game but as MIW said from the start its obvoious he's out of his depth in this league.

I actually felt sorry for the lad in one sense today as it's completely cruel to play him as it must be humiliating to be so far out of ones depth. He must have one hell of an agent to secure a three year deal at a championship club when his true level is a couple of leagues below.

We've bought some shite in recent years but this lad is amongst the worse and one of the most illogical signings I can think off. Hopefully we get a director of football in the new structure who is accountable for signings.

I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt and also willing him to have a good game but as MIW said from the start its obvoious he's out of his depth in this league.
He'd be out of his depth on the Wigan ammy league - right up there with Agahowa for me

I actually felt sorry for the lad in one sense today as it's completely cruel to play him as it must be humiliating to be so far out of ones depth. He must have one hell of an agent to secure a three year deal at a championship club when his true level is a couple of leagues below.

We've bought some shite in recent years but this lad is amongst the worse and one of the most illogical signings I can think off. Hopefully we get a director of football in the new structure who is accountable for signings.
Which leads to the question of why Cook is giving him any game time at all - what must the lads on the bench or not making the squad be thinking ? Never mind pretty much every ticsmon

He didn’t do a great deal wrong. He didn’t do a great deal right.
He was completely and utterly anonymous.
Up until he had a couple of touches late in the 1st half, I’d completely forgotten he was playing

I dont think anyone ever said Naismith is going to be a top signing, on paper it wasnt a good looking deal for sure. But a few of us said just to give him a chance before he's written off - unfortunately he's had a few chances now and he's been very poor.

But that being said I dont want him to become the scapegoat. Just like in the past where it felt that much of the frustation with Martinez seemed to get transferred onto Gomez as some people were super frustrated but couldnt bring themselves to critasise Roberto - I feel Naismith is going to be the proxy for frustration with Cook.

There is no doubting on current form Naismith is not good enough and shouldn't be playing but there's a hell of a lot more wrong with us at the moment than just his inclusion. You can already see some fans cheering his subbing off and while i was just as glad to see him replaced - his own fans getting on his back at games is probably only going to destroy whatever confidence he has left and make him play even worse. The last thing we need is to turn on our own players and make a poor player even less likely to perform.

He was utter rubbish yesterday, did absolutely nothing. Nothing. His performance or lack of was an embarrassment. He hasn't done anywhere near enough in his career, especially given his age, to warrant a 3 year deal at a Championship club. It's absolutely scandalous we have wasted money on such an ineffective player. Perhaps Wigan fans are concerned about inefficient use of scarce resources and are not afraid to form and voice an opinion. Of course others just swallow the party line and think everything in the garden is fine and dandy shrouded in rose tinted fog.