Super Kal | Page 8 | Vital Football

Super Kal

We played 85 minutes with 10 men against a team in a play-off spot. We could have been ahead in the 15 minutes it was 11v11. We totally dominated the 2nd half. For a spell after the sending off we were getting torn to shreds.

Please explain to us all what you would have done if you was the manager and what as a fan you would have been satisfied with
Firstly Vaughan should or could have stayed on rather than playing windass up top on his own. I wouldnt have switched Byrne to left back. Could have moved Roberts back there or moved Burn to left back and brought Bruce on. Before the sending off we were doing quite well but after and up to the 60th minute we were awfull. How can anyone forget that first half hoof ball up to Windass . May have worked hoofing it up to Vaughan. Granted second half we were much improved but without testing Carson at all. Like I said it was a spirited fight back eventually but if that awfull showing in the first half had have matched the second we may have got something out of it.

So you would have put a 34 year old midfielder who admits that his legs have gone, at left back against a team with an extra player?

Connolly needs to go in at fullback , Grigg needs to be on the pitch ( he is our only goal scorer )
Mcmannaman needs some game time , Massey is back Saturday so will be on the bench
2nd half was very spirited but without threat really , i still say with all the lads fit we would be fine at this level but that is were we fall down as the depth is not there to cover ..

Funny how Bentitez is ranting and raving, calling for VAR, about an incident where his player got sent off for a more blatant drag back in a similar but opposite side position to Naismith incident.
And yes that was a Premier League player and I don't see any of their fans screaming that he should "never wear the shirt again" whilst the commentator gave in his mitigation that he was playing in an unfamiliar role and got caught out, so it happens to bigger players than ours.

Naismith has stepped in and done a good job , he just can`t defend .
Not he`s fault as he is a natural winger and soft in the tackle , we need another Warnock but a young version he pulled out of nothing ..

Because he can manage the odd game which is why he was signed. He was here as backup and injuries have meant he has played more than they wanted. And as a midfielder he doesn't have to bomb up and down getting in crosses then having charge back to defend.

Firstly Vaughan should or could have stayed on rather than playing windass up top on his own. I wouldnt have switched Byrne to left back. Could have moved Roberts back there or moved Burn to left back and brought Bruce on. Before the sending off we were doing quite well but after and up to the 60th minute we were awfull. How can anyone forget that first half hoof ball up to Windass . May have worked hoofing it up to Vaughan. Granted second half we were much improved but without testing Carson at all. Like I said it was a spirited fight back eventually but if that awfull showing in the first half had have matched the second we may have got something out of it.

I agree Vaughan could have stayed on, however PC made the decision based on his greater knowledge of the player than we have. Personally I think it was the right decision as given the way the game went and the challenges that were going in I think Vaughan could also have lost his cool and joined Naismith in the dressing room.

Byrne was temporarily switched to cover for Naismith until a better solution could be found, he moved back to the right pretty soon after the substitutions and switched to three at the back with Burn on the left and James on the right.

The hoofball you complain about was due to the pressure being exerted by Derby as they searched for a second goal to kill off the game and was a response to the fact we had just had our game plan destroyed. It was a response to get us to half time still in the game and give PC the opportunity to get us in the dressing room and rearrange the system. Which he did very successfully.

The awful showing in the first half, as you call it, was a direct consequence of the sending off and I applaud the players for their response and for staying in the game. Until we were able to reposition ourselves it was always going to happen that Derby would throw everything at us. We pinned Derby back in the second half and caused them a lot of problems whilst they were unable to penetrate our defence.

I agree Vaughan could have stayed on, however PC made the decision based on his greater knowledge of the player than we have. Personally I think it was the right decision as given the way the game went and the challenges that were going in I think Vaughan could also have lost his cool and joined Naismith in the dressing room.

Byrne was temporarily switched to cover for Naismith until a better solution could be found, he moved back to the right pretty soon after the substitutions and switched to three at the back with Burn on the left and James on the right.

The hoofball you complain about was due to the pressure being exerted by Derby as they searched for a second goal to kill off the game and was a response to the fact we had just had our game plan destroyed. It was a response to get us to half time still in the game and give PC the opportunity to get us in the dressing room and rearrange the system. Which he did very successfully.

The awful showing in the first half, as you call it, was a direct consequence of the sending off and I applaud the players for their response and for staying in the game. Until we were able to reposition ourselves it was always going to happen that Derby would throw everything at us. We pinned Derby back in the second half and caused them a lot of problems whilst they were unable to penetrate our defence.

agree there tb. when he went off and the next 10 mins that folowed i thoght that they mite put in another 2 before half time before we could regroup. im not a fan of hoofball as you no but it were a necesary evil to keep us in it.

what cook sed at half time and the atitude of the pleyers gives me hope that if we can put on a preformance like that with 10 men agenst a teem like derby then im not worried about safety this seeson.