Super Bob | Vital Football

Super Bob

Nobby_66

Vital Football Hero
Just had another quick look at Byrne's goal v Bristol Rovers and noticed that this was the next video in the list. Brought back some brilliant memories of the great man. Just imagine having him in the side now, wouldn't have to worry about a lack of quality service as he made many of his goals out of nothing.

Enjoy

https://youtu.be/S9qoUAOONZM

The Stoke one was a worldie - and the Bristol City hat-trick when when about 20% fit on as a sub was brilliant - couldn?t run so just stuck three in the top corners!

I'd forgotten how many were "training ground" free kicks. All a variation on a theme but mixed up enough to keep the defence/keeper guessing. Great stuff.

SBob was great, just a shame he was here for only a relatively short time. He started slow due to being overweight and unfit, but once he got started he didn?t stop- scoring all 5 goals away at Burnley must be one of his high points. After he scored v City in the Playoff final they decided they wanted him so later on he went, but things didn?t work out too well for him there. His return to the club years later was something of a mistake

Just watched it, that was superb!!

I'm amazed how many Matt Le-Tissier type goals there were in there. Plus a smattering of goal-poachers goals and thundering big CF type headers. The complete package. I wish I'd had the opportunity to watch him live.

Amazing memories,was in my late 40s,standing in Rainham End,just mad when we scored,nearly 70 now,Miss RE,but think I?m beyond those scenes now sadly.

Every now and again I get SBT's goals on youtube, either for my own pleasure or to show other fans of other teams that don't know of him.. some of the goals he scored were simply amazing.

Will never forget being out shopping and diving into Dixons to find out the results on teletext to discover we'd beaten Burnley 5-0 and super Bob had got all five.. just stood there in astonishment.

Early Bob was more dumpling than super and we were massively underwhelmed. Very few of us would have imagined the leaner, fitter Bob with wonderful control, awareness and heading ability. The shooting was different class, controlled, instinctive, powerful and requiring very little back lift. That Super Bob was actually with us for a very short period and his best spell of all was his last 18 games for us when he was as fit as he would ever be in his career. It seems churlish to say but just imagine if Peter Taylor had got hold of him on arrival, or even earlier in his career. He did well but he had the equipment to have done better for longer.

Just think what he would be worth today if a PL team came in for him. 5 million?

See Dack already has 10 goals!