Sunderland Til I Die | Page 2 | Vital Football

Sunderland Til I Die

I have watched all the episodes , that Martin vain fellow when hes getting out of that fancy swimming pool , oh dear I love myself. Overall worth a watch , I think simon Grayson has the same eyebrow barber as Neil Warnock.

2 episodes in, wish they’d got McCormack over the line ? good so far, as with the Man City one it’s good to see behind the scenes.

Just watched the episode when Grabban left. Thought his comments were piss poor and shows why he's had so many clubs. Basically said he wasn't having it if the manager was going to dare to substitute him after 65-70 minutes....

I remember being at Roker Park, after the game, they came up to us and said 'you're going home in a ****ing ambulance'. Nobody moved, until one of my friends thumped one of them and they ran like ****

I remember being at Roker Park, after the game, they came up to us and said 'you're going home in a ****ing ambulance'. Nobody moved, until one of my friends thumped one of them and they ran like ****
Love watching footage from the 70s and hearing that chant from the home crowd. I started going to away games in the 80s and some places felt like you were in another world.

Love watching footage from the 70s and hearing that chant from the home crowd. I started going to away games in the 80s and some places felt like you were in another world.
You’ll be dead by five o’clock was another great chant

Prefer this to the Man City one which I stopped watching after a couple of episodes because I couldn’t stand Fabian fucking Delph acting like billy big bollocks when he’s probably one of the worst players at the club.

Back on topic, I’m on episode 6 and just seen the Jack Rodwell episode. Yes, he’s a massive bellend but don’t think anybody would just walk away from 70k per week like that. Martin Bain gets a lot of stick for the way he comes off in this series but I find him alright.

Just got around to watching this, and finished it tonight.

Obviously a few parallels with Villa in some ways, and it brought back some memories of our recent relegation. Relentless misery is the only way I can sum it up.

I thought Martin Bain came across very well, I don't know what more he could have done in that situation. Seemed like he was spinning plates a lot of the time. Impossible job for both Grayson and Coleman to come into too. An utter mess of a club.

Jack Rodwell is a modern footballer, nuff said. At least they finally got to terminate his contract because I've just seen he's at Blackburn now, didn't know that. What a superstar.

Lewis Grabban doesn't come off very well I have to say. Might have dodged a bullet there.

Lewis Grabban doesn't come off very well I have to say. Might have dodged a bullet there.

I can sort of get where he was coming from considering they had nobody and was the only one scoring goals. He was berty big bollocks and maybe Coleman was trying to make an example and brng him down to Earth, no small task when he is head and shoulders above the rest tho.

I could see Grabbens point to be fair as he must have been one of the few players at the club doing his job properly. Seems like Coleman took against him and tried his best to drive him out. Aiden McGeady was highly critical of Coleman and especially his treatment of Grabban when he was interviewed on one of the later episodes.

I must have missed something there, all I really saw was Grabban being pissed off that he was being substituted in games.

I remember McGeady talking about it, but he didn't go into much detail. I can't for the life of me see why Coleman would want to piss off the only guy at the club scoring goals and their only real chance of staying up.

Just got around to watching this, and finished it tonight.

Obviously a few parallels with Villa in some ways, and it brought back some memories of our recent relegation. Relentless misery is the only way I can sum it up.

I thought Martin Bain came across very well, I don't know what more he could have done in that situation. Seemed like he was spinning plates a lot of the time. Impossible job for both Grayson and Coleman to come into too. An utter mess of a club.

Jack Rodwell is a modern footballer, nuff said. At least they finally got to terminate his contract because I've just seen he's at Blackburn now, didn't know that. What a superstar.

it's funny how us fans see things so differently on watching the same subject.
I thought Lewis came across really well, profession but was shocked when Coleman wanted him gone. I remember The stick he got from Sunderland at the time whilst Coleman was a saint, struggling with his self love, look at me I'm so nice attitude.
Wonder what the fans make of both men now the truth is out ?
Has any body watched the Bobby Robson Film on Netflix?
What a man, way ahead of any English coach in those days.
The way Newcastle treated him was heart breaking.
Even my daughter who is 12 cried at the end, she hadn't even heard of him.

I've seen two episodes and the comparison with Villa struck me too. Above all else it shows why I am struggling to maintain my passion for the game. Players being arsey not even appreciating their position waltzing in with Gucci purses while working class men hand over their hard earned to support them. If they aren't being arsey they are knocking around the training ground like it's a paid holiday camp. It has become a very strange juxtaposition.

I have to say I have always hated the guy but Cattermole is coming out of it well so far.

Thought Grabban was a right arse. He got pissed off because he was being subbed off after 65 minutes? No wonder he has had so many different clubs in his career.

Thought his attitude in the interview when he was laughing because he scored against them came off poor as well

I think Newcastle gave him the chop after we beat them at Villa park early in the season. They were so bad even Carlton Cole scored.

it's funny how us fans see things so differently on watching the same subject.
I thought Lewis came across really well, profession but was shocked when Coleman wanted him gone. I remember The stick he got from Sunderland at the time whilst Coleman was a saint, struggling with his self love, look at me I'm so nice attitude.
Wonder what the fans make of both men now the truth is out ?
Has any body watched the Bobby Robson Film on Netflix?
What a man, way ahead of any English coach in those days.

Started watching it last night but fell asleep, totally forgot he was the one who brought Ronaldo to Barca. A lot of good football related things to watch on Netflix amongst other things at the moment.