Sunderland Sack Parkinson | Page 2 | Vital Football

Sunderland Sack Parkinson

Guess there would be no issues with control if DC was interested!
Quick gander at the Sunderland forum, and I'm blinded by delusion! Cowleyball is not what is needed to get us ready for the prem! They are forgetting that place is 2 promotions away. Comedy gold.

Ipswich fans are the same ... still watching re-runs of beating Utd 6-0 despite missing 3 pens.

No. Too inexperienced. Too small time. Good for most L1 sides and most L2 sides but we are no ordinary L1 club.

One of many such delusional posts. Lads, you're League One like the rest of us. The sooner you accept it and appoint an appropriate manager, like we did in the National League, the sooner you'll get out. Most of them seem to want Gus bloody Poyet ffs. Hasn't managed since leaving Bordeaux in 2018, who were his 5th club in 5 years. Hasn't managed in England since 2013 yet would be a perfect fit for League One, apparently.

One of many such delusional posts. Lads, you're League One like the rest of us. The sooner you accept it and appoint an appropriate manager, like we did in the National League, the sooner you'll get out. Most of them seem to want Gus bloody Poyet ffs. Hasn't managed since leaving Bordeaux in 2018, who were his 5th club in 5 years. Hasn't managed in England since 2013 yet would be a perfect fit for League One, apparently.
But, he's the type to get them ready for the Prem. They might not like it, but they are only marginally closer to the EPL than they are the to the premier competition of non-league football.

Well our wonderful owners have chosen to bring back Gustavo, much to the delight of many fans who have conveniently forgotten how it ended last time.
There were quite a few of us banging the drum for the Cowleys on RTG-PF but there's nothing you can do really to influence those making the decision.
Now I'll have to watch Danny and Nicky being successful somewhere else, probably Ipswich. I've predicted the Cowleys will be managing in The P.L. long before we ever get back there.
Good luck tonight. I don't follow you like I did for those three and a half years but I'm pleased to see Appleton building well on those foundations.

To be fair Poyet has managed before in League One and won the title

Poyet confirms he doesn't want the job.

DC now favourite at 8/11. He confirmed yesterday that he wants it.

Interesting. To be fair if they get half decent owners and the Cowleys did a decent job, that is their road map to the Premier League, right there.

For me, as many failed managers before have discovered; it can be a roller coaster ride with whoever happens to be the Sunderland owner at any given time.