Sunderland Sack Parkinson | Vital Football

Sunderland Sack Parkinson

In some respects it's a weird one because after a slow start, they were bang in form before Covid struck and have started this season ok. That said, they've never taken to Parkinson up there. They've also got a new owner coming in soon.

Didn't realise it was that bad up there either, as shown by this tweet.

Doing quite well considering the wheel is shot away, the main-mast has gone by-the-board, the rudder is jammed with an 18lb round-shot, grape has cleared the quarter-deck and the most senior officer standing is a 17 year-old 3rd lieutenant!

Doing quite well considering the wheel is shot away, the main-mast has gone by-the-board, the rudder is jammed with an 18lb round-shot, grape has cleared the quarter-deck and the most senior officer standing is a 17 year-old 3rd lieutenant!

Is this where the poop deck comes into its own?

Guess there would be no issues with control if DC was interested!
Quick gander at the Sunderland forum, and I'm blinded by delusion! Cowleyball is not what is needed to get us ready for the prem! They are forgetting that place is 2 promotions away. Comedy gold.

Last edited:
Guess there would be no issues with control if DC was interested!
Quick gander at the Sunderland forum, and I'm blinded by delusion! Cowleyball is not what is needed to get us ready for the prem! They are forgetting that place is 2 promotions away. Comedy gold.

Well having been a huge supporter of the Cowleys from the day they arrived at Lincoln I'm singing their praises on RTG-PF.
They'd be a great appointment in my view. Unfortunately many SAFC fans have little knowledge of Danny and Nicky's record. One poster writing about the Cowleys "being at Lincoln for years"; yes, three and a half years, two league titles, one FL Trophy and doing something in The FA Cup that hadn't been done for over a century.
I hope they come to Sunderland. We'd be getting an excellent management team early in their career, not a usual suspect like Grayson, Parkinson and so many others.

"being at Lincoln for years"; yes, three and a half years...

To be fair, these days, that makes positively long-serving!

Mediocre lower leaguers. Let’s aim a bit higher, or foreign. Not some clodhoppers who managed fucking Lincoln.

The same "fucking Lincoln" who sit 4 places above them :LOL:
A lot of posters on this forum will need a blood pressure cuff if they read that thread

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/danny-cowley.1534970/

Wednesday at 11:09 PM

Rob the Imp said:
All in all a bit strange to get upset about rival fans' assessment of your team. Not worth the stress, guys. For what it's worth I've been to many Swindon games with a friend who is one of their fans, and have always found them to be quite balanced and welcoming."

I think the Cowleys would be perfect for them. If they fancy a few more years in League 1 appointing 'higher league managers' then they can crack on though - it's working so well for them recently why change?