Sunderland - play-off semis | Vital Football

Sunderland - play-off semis

Pompeytim

Vital 1st Team Regular
So, I have just driven 300 miles for the first leg of the semi final. You forget how tiring that is when you haven’t done it for a while.

Getting freshened up & going to eat at the hotel & then head to the ground.

Everyone in my group is cautiously optimistic - mainly because Sunderland are on bad form rather than we on good!

Well done Tim.. a real trooper. Our man on the spot.. :thumbup:

Let's just hope that Sunderland's form worsens drastically over the next few hours, and we take full advantage.

Personally, I think its too close to call, and certainly not a game I'd risk money on. A lot's going to depend on the ref as well.. not playing a homer. He'll be under a lot of pressure.

Still.. I'm a Pompey fan, and am right behind the lads in spirit.. PUP..

One goal separates. If we cannot beat them by matching that one goal at home with a full house, we will not deserve to go forward.
Thank goodness it was not more. Thank you Craig!

Can't see us scoring 2 more goals than Sunderland, going on that performace from our front line Hawkins is about as threatening as a wet lettuce, Curtis is no threat as his decision making and final ball is appalling, Close went missing for most of the match and still can't tackle. Lowe played like he did't want to be there. Jackett has a lot to think about or we are going out.

Fair play to you Tim. Haven't managed a game all season, first time in god knows how long I've not done a game. Turned down the Checkatrade as didn't feel it fair if I went, would probably have to do the same for the play-off final... gonna be mighty tough to make it now though.

Thought we were poor, few actually came out of the game with much credit. Close had an absolute mare and the forwards offered, little to nothing. Very frustrating, leaving us with it all to do on Thursday. Now we REALLY need a special Fratton night...

Hope Pitman is fit as we'll need him.

Just got home (stayed overnight).

I felt we lacked energy really. We started well but lacked end product.

We were saved by them being so poor & going down to 10 men.

I think the 60-odd games this season is starting to show.

I’d give them a few days off from training before Thursday. We need some fresher legs in the 2nd leg.

Positive thing is that they are on a similarly poor form to us.

All to play for.

Long old day for you then Tim.. I appreciate your assessment.. cheers mate..

Good to see you too Chris1954.. :thumbup:

So, we have it all to do now at Fratton. As Tim says we need some fresh legs, but it seems the same for both sides. I worry a little that Sunderland will come and park the bus. Put 11 men behind the ball and invite us to break them down, which patently at this particular time we seem unable to do..

The 12th man is going to be hugely important for getting us over the line. We can turn that one goal deficit over I think, but.. Fratton is going to have to be rocking, and at its intimidating best.. I just hope its not Pompey that gets intimidated.. ha ha.. :lol:

PUP.. PPU.. :clap:

Last edited: