Sunderland date change | Vital Football

Sunderland date change

LE14_Gill

Vital Newbie
What the hell are we doing? If Sunderland want to take the cash from SKY for televising a mickey mouse cup game let them suffer the consequences. Another wasted train ticket!!!!!!

It`s a fair bet that this fixture switch won`t be the only one involving Sunderland this upcoming season. They`re a natural choice for TV, which doesn`t help for regular fans planning their trips. Someone else mentioned a week or so back that the date of our away fixture at Sunderland is also a scheduled round of the FA Cup. Someone`s law says that will now be another probable "all change" day. It happened before when we were due to play at Sunderalnd, when we were in the old Div One/Championship - I remember it well as I`d bought two return non-changeable plane tickets from Gatwick to Newcastle. Went shopping in Gateshead whilst Gills had the day off watching Sunderland in the cup !!!!

What the hell are we doing? If Sunderland want to take the cash from SKY for televising a mickey mouse cup game let them suffer the consequences. Another wasted train ticket!!!!!!

Totally agree. We would have had to consent to this. I can't for the life of me understand why.

Stupid that we're playing them midweek in the first place. Apart from the potential loss of income we suffer from a lot of away fans not being able to travel how stupid is it to set midweek fixtures between clubs so far apart? Accepted if the original Saturday game is postponed but when planning a season's fixture list make the midweek games more local ones for ease of travelling. Apart from Sunderland our midweek games are Blackpool (H), Plymouth (A), Bristol Rovers (A) and (H). Then, Bank Holiday games (when public transport will be non-existent) are Pompey (H) on Boxing Day, Plymouth (H) on Good Friday and Bradford (A) on Easter Monday. At least New Years Day is Southend (A). How stupid is that lot for fans?

AMF

Stupid that we're playing them midweek in the first place. Apart from the potential loss of income we suffer from a lot of away fans not being able to travel how stupid is it to set midweek fixtures between clubs so far apart? Accepted if the original Saturday game is postponed but when planning a season's fixture list make the midweek games more local ones for ease of travelling. Apart from Sunderland our midweek games are Blackpool (H), Plymouth (A), Bristol Rovers (A) and (H). Then, Bank Holiday games (when public transport will be non-existent) are Pompey (H) on Boxing Day, Plymouth (H) on Good Friday and Bradford (A) on Easter Monday. At least New Years Day is Southend (A). How stupid is that lot for fans?

AMF
I agree with your post, but I think there are enough Sunderland fans around the London area to make it a pretty decent away crowd. Though a Saturday fixture wo make much more sense

I agree with your post, but I think there are enough Sunderland fans around the London area to make it a pretty decent away crowd. Though a Saturday fixture wo make much more sense
It’s only been changed 24 hours ffs!I would have been more annoyed if the away game had been changed.