Sunderland Board | Page 3 | Vital Football

Sunderland Board

Was trying to remember all of the boards we have migrated from. Certainly the most interesting was during the playoffs and resultant champ days, i assume a lot of the missing board members then faded away once the champ dream was over or maybe running under different usernames now.
It was:

Gillsconnect (notably, on Scally's favourite gillinghamfc.co.uk website run by big Alan Liptrott and Keith Pestell hosted by insidetheweb message boards)

Then taken over by Rivals and we got a new style. We stayed on there until one day they tried to 'modernise' the website with a new look and new servers, and totally fucked it up. It became unusable. So someone set up the Fansonline one which looked just like the original rivals version and we all just migrated to that overnight.

FansOnline - we all stayed there till the DOX saga and again migrated overnight once that became unusable.

Vital - well lets wait and see...seems alright for now.

Thinking back to the days of the Cafe this morning, and the good times I had in there. All the old usernames, Polish, EP, Badger, Wigga, Pompom, Gills Girl, Pepper, Binman, Robbo (still does his match reports) Guinness, Lord *****, Wolfie, and many others. Trev on here I see briefly every so often. I know most don't go now, or go once in awhile.
Polish played at my wedding reception (9th anniversary tomorrow) Gave a speech of why he was there (he played Chasing Cars on guitar at a charity event at the club, when the karaoke machine broke, and I said to him that if I ever got married, I'd have him playing) He got near the end of Chasing Cars at the end of his set, and fell off his stool lol We then played All Along The Watchtower together, which went down really well.
Today I'll be watching the game on my own... lol
And Lovegod, PragueGIT, Hippy...amongst others.

Sat next to lovegod in the RE for years, didnt realise we knew each other's online personas too till it came up in conversation one day during a game. Ended up drinking a bit with him and pals at home and away games. Even went up to the Stamford Arms in Waterloo for its closing once. Totally lost contact since though. He barely gets to gills thes days as he ended up coaching at some decent non league clubs in kent instead. Well, that was probably about 5 years ago. No idea where he's at now.

Last edited:
Wasn’t the Gills365 a haunt for lots of folk on here?

was it on there or another board, where there’d be a matchday live chat thing?

Got crazy when an important goal was scored and the chat was instantly filled with multiple times of -

cfdx&$5;(xd./$&@6(?.4seg!*

...by everyone going crazy on the keyboard. Think it was in the years leading up to the promotion to the Championship and beyond.

Got an idea one was called Melksham. There was some good banter.

Melksham was one, and wasn't Townfish another? Used to come on and try and wind people up to begin with, but was good for a laugh, he could take it as well as dish it out.

I remember once 20+ years ago now, I lived in France, my local team was Guingamp (back around the time Drogba and Malouda were playing for them), went to watch them play Lens. When I got back, I went onto whichever forum we were on at the time, to find there was a Lens fan posting on there who'd decided to go over to Kent for the day to watch us play. Thought I must've been pissed, seemed too strange a coincidence.

Hervé/UmbroLens, I think his name was, think he used to carry on coming over to watch us play, he popped up on the forums now and again.

And Lovegod, PragueGIT, Hippy...amongst others.

Sat next to lovegod in the RE for years, didnt realise we knew each other's online personas too till it came up in conversation one day during a game. Ended up drinking a bit with him and pals at home and away games. Even went up to the Stamford Arms in Waterloo for its closing once. Totally lost contact since though. He barely gets to gills thes days as he ended up coaching at some decent non league clubs in kent instead. Well, that was probably about 5 years ago. No idea where he's at now.

There were more I was going to list, but I'd be here all day lol Trailertrash, fart a couple of more. Remember going to Cheltenham with Lovegod and Lord ***** with a few others. Quite a day out lol Got to know their real names, so that's why I forget their usernames. Dean was... Monty was... I'm not saying lol Last I heard of Lovegod was he was at Ashford, but probably not there now.

Melksham was one, and wasn't Townfish another? Used to come on and try and wind people up to begin with, but was good for a laugh, he could take it as well as dish it out.

I remember once 20+ years ago now, I lived in France, my local team was Guingamp (back around the time Drogba and Malouda were playing for them), went to watch them play Lens. When I got back, I went onto whichever forum we were on at the time, to find there was a Lens fan posting on there who'd decided to go over to Kent for the day to watch us play. Thought I must've been pissed, seemed too strange a coincidence.

Hervé/UmbroLens, I think his name was, think he used to carry on coming over to watch us play, he popped up on the forums now and again.
I believe that herve still comes to gills matches. Dont know him personally, but we share a few mutual acquaintances i think.

Look up a belgian gills fans group on facebook to find him.

There were more I was going to list, but I'd be here all day lol Trailertrash, fart a couple of more. Remember going to Cheltenham with Lovegod and Lord ***** with a few others. Quite a day out lol Got to know their real names, so that's why I forget their usernames. Dean was... Monty was... I'm not saying lol Last I heard of Lovegod was he was at Ashford, but probably not there now.
I googled Hugo this evening. Was appointed as Lewes manager february 2020 last year. No idea how hes gotten on since coronavirus etc.

To be fair to him for all the banter, he was extremely knowledgable about football and how to play it and made alot of sense. Well done to him for making a career out of it.

I googled Hugo this evening. Was appointed as Lewes manager february 2020 last year. No idea how hes gotten on since coronavirus etc.

To be fair to him for all the banter, he was extremely knowledgable about football and how to play it and made alot of sense. Well done to him for making a career out of it.

Didn't know him beforehand other than as a poster on the forums, but him and his girlfriend (wife?) were over in Madrid once years ago, met up with them for a few drinks. Like you say, certainly seemed to know his stuff when talking about football.

Glitzy and Pranks

also two or three ex Lancaster University people, and a junior or infant school teacher who used to say sensible things.

He also ran the "sign a striker" fund too. Very knowledgeable about football, as you say. Googled him as well, and see he's a UEFA A qualified coach! He steered Lewes out of relegation, and is currently running coaching classes. He also has a "in conversation with..." On twitter (I'm not on there) and yesterday's was Scot Lindsey!

Was remembering a few other posters this morning. Not going to carry on naming them. Many great times, even if the football wasn't lol Tour rules though... 😊

It was:

Gillsconnect (notably, on Scally's favourite gillinghamfc.co.uk website run by big Alan Liptrott and Keith Pestell hosted by insidetheweb message boards)

Then taken over by Rivals and we got a new style. We stayed on there until one day they tried to 'modernise' the website with a new look and new servers, and totally fucked it up. It became unusable. So someone set up the Fansonline one which looked just like the original rivals version and we all just migrated to that overnight.

FansOnline - we all stayed there till the DOX saga and again migrated overnight once that became unusable.

Vital - well lets wait and see...seems alright for now.
Whats happened to big Al anyone know ??