Sunderland at home | Page 2 | Vital Football

Sunderland at home

Its only a day and they have a big squad and are probably fitter than our team - also gives us a extra days preparation and rest.

Dont you think it would have been discusssed at GFC before a decision was made, so I assume they dont see it as a big deal either

Given their squad is bigger and their players fitter surely we should want to take any slight advantage we can get. Your response suggests we should be grateful to even be playing them.

They play at home at 3pm on the Sunday after playing at 7.45pm on the Thursday. The extra day's rest / light training will be very welcome for them. Playing another game at 7.45pm on the Tuesday would have been very difficult.

Yes I do think it will have been discussed at GFC before a decision made - that's the whole point! Why did we agree to it?

Durham answered that question in the post you quoted. He said he assumes the club didn't think it's a big deal. Just because you think it is a big deal doesn't mean it actually is. After all, we get an extra day's rest too.

I don't understand why you think Durham's point if view suggests that he thinks we should be grateful to be even playing them. On what basis did you arrive at that absurd conclusion?!

LOL Buddha think you may have got a bit overexcited this afternoon.

The comment that we shouldn’t worry ourselves because they have a bigger and fitter squad anyway suggests an inferiority complex and that we’re only there to make up the numbers.

Durham himself asked the question ‘don’t you think they discussed it at GFC?’ when the question put to him was why did GFC accept the proposal.

Who cares? There will also be plenty who can come on Wednesday that couldn't make it on a Tuesday. It's still a long haul for a midweek game but they've all but sold out their allocation. I'm just looking forward to a great night under floodlights and because we are seem to be playing with no fear I think any Sunderland fans expecting an easy 3 pts are in for a shock.

Who cares? There will also be plenty who can come on Wednesday that couldn't make it on a Tuesday. It's still a long haul for a midweek game but they've all but sold out their allocation. I'm just looking forward to a great night under floodlights and because we are seem to be playing with no fear I think any Sunderland fans expecting an easy 3 pts are in for a shock.
I'd consider giving them a couple of blocks of the Gordon rd aswell to be honest. It's not like we will fill the ground.

Agreed AK I sit in the GRS, and away fans already get one block in bad weather, so why not allow more on a week night KO .
A number of years ago Wednesday was the day midweek games were played. For some reason it became Tuesdays, fit players at this time of the season should able to handle a small change in fixture dates.

LOL Buddha think you may have got a bit overexcited this afternoon.

The comment that we shouldn’t worry ourselves because they have a bigger and fitter squad anyway suggests an inferiority complex and that we’re only there to make up the numbers.

Well if I have got a little bit overexcited it must be because of the effect you have upon me nibbles, LOL!

You might read it as a suggestion of an inferiority complex but to me it just sounded like a fact.

Maybe you just make assumptions and read what you think someone means rather than what they actually say? Sometimes you even willfully misquote them just to back up your own argument.

Well if I have got a little bit overexcited it must be because of the effect you have upon me nibbles, LOL!

You might read it as a suggestion of an inferiority complex but to me it just sounded like a fact.

Maybe you just make assumptions and read what you think someone means rather than what they actually say? Sometimes you even willfully misquote them just to back up your own argument.

Oh no I don’t.

Pretty sure everyone reads what they think someones means. If you aren't able to communicate properly your thoughts then don't complain when people misundersta d them. If someone's persistently misunderstanding you its maybe more to do with your style/ability of communication than their ability to understand it.

My thoughts or Durhams?

I often fail to express myself as clearly as I'd like to on here when talking politics. That's partly because what I write on here is off the cuff without taking any time (as I'm sure most if not all of us do) but also because I'm just not that good at doing it anyway!

Is someone persistently misunderstanding me? If they are it might be because of the reasons you suggest but it might also be because they are willfully doing so or because they are thick. If lots of people are misunderstanding me it's probably the former but if it's only one or two it's more likely the latter.

Because I go on holiday to Italy Wednesday lunchtime.

Both clubs should have consulted me first. On top of that my missus refuses to cancel the holiday.
They didn't call me either 58. I get home from holiday on Monday then back to work on nights Wednesday so the Tuesday fixture would have been perfect. ?