Sunderland at home | Vital Football

Sunderland at home

anybody know why this was moved to a wednesday?
Sunderland’s fixture schedule. They are playing tonight in the League Cup on Sky Sports. Then on Sunday in the league, so playing next Wednesday gives them an extra rest day.

Sunderland’s fixture schedule. They are playing tonight in the League Cup on Sky Sports. Then on Sunday in the league, so playing next Wednesday gives them an extra rest day.

Still can’t understand why we did that - it’s their choice to move their match to take Sky’s pennies, not sure why we have to pander to it to allow them an exta day’s rest for our match? We’d have had to have consented to the move and there would have been no requirement on us to do so.

Still can’t understand why we did that - it’s their choice to move their match to take Sky’s pennies.

Is it? Doesn't it work like the Premier League contract? I have a memory that a Premier League Manager (almost certainly Mourinho) was moaning about his team being shown on Sky too often a while back.

I think Sky's contract is with the league and the clubs have to tow the line when Sky pick their fixtures to televise, although they obviously receive the money either directly or indirectly.

Teams are never expected to play twice in two days (apart from Christmas or in the event of a fixture pile up) so the league always insist on moving the midweek fixture back.

Still can’t understand why we did that - it’s their choice to move their match to take Sky’s pennies, not sure why we have to pander to it to allow them an exta day’s rest for our match? We’d have had to have consented to the move and there would have been no requirement on us to do so.

Why should we not agree to the change of date?

Can you really not see any benefit to playing them on the Tuesday rather than the Wednesday?

Its only a day and they have a big squad and are probably fitter than our team - also gives us a extra days preparation and rest.

Dont you think it would have been discusssed at GFC before a decision was made, so I assume they dont see it as a big deal either

Because I go on holiday to Italy Wednesday lunchtime.

Both clubs should have consulted me first. On top of that my missus refuses to cancel the holiday.

I am the same - had hotel booked, tickets sorted and everything for Tuesday but I cant make Wednesday.

I can still take the piss out of all the local big Sunderland supporters who think they are far to good to be playing the likes of us (again).

I am the same - had hotel booked, tickets sorted and everything for Tuesday but I cant make Wednesday.

I can still take the piss out of all the local big Sunderland supporters who think they are far to good to be playing the likes of us (again).

Why do you need a hotel Durham? Can't you stay at your house in sevenoaks?

Or is there more building work occurring being paid for by gfc?