Sunday morning entertainment. | Vital Football

Sunday morning entertainment.

To be fair, the majority of Mansfield fans realise that Lincoln have moved well ahead of them this season, but there are some who refuse to accept the obvious. Take this cracker:

"I look at their squad and it's not a patch on ours."

Another poster believes Lincoln have a style of play that would not be tolerated by Mansfield fans and trots out the 'huge budget' line despite the absence of any evidence to support it. Clearly misinformation and perhaps delusion are alive and well in parts of the East Midlands, although another poster points out that Lincoln have ten wins this season to Mansfield's three and almost double their points total already.

Yes, Mansfield clearly have a far better squad than Lincoln.

The mardy arse twins! Charming! They really don't rate us at all do they?
The ones 1ff are just the same about us, apparently their 1 0 win here last season was their easiest win and they seem to base all their opinions on us from that one game, bizarre!
And Danny getting sent off at their place is where the other bit comes from. I do love sweeping generalisations! Lol!

Never knew they were twins! Mansfield have had a bigger budget than ours over the past two seasons. Our money has come from success on the pitch. Their money has come from the wealth of their owners who thought they could pay their way to the title last season. Jealousy is ugly

man for man we might have players that are not a patch on mansfield's.

one of the - very many - positive attributes of our mardy twins is their ability to take a lesser player and coach him towards being a better player.

and we might have some money to spend, but the mardy twins are very adept at getting value for money.

another attribute is signing players that fit the plan. and then making them into an efficient team.

mansfield appear to be missing some - if not all - of this.

I'm sure many people remember the entire 12 episodes of Fawlty Towers. There's the one where the two psychiatrists are guests in the hotel.

The killer line is apposite: "There's enough material there for an entire conference"

On that note, what about this level headed pearl of Wisdom:

"As for the Gimps I have always detested them & hope their wheels start to fall off sooner rather than later ! "

I remember two seasons ago they used to have a thread about us when we were in the National League and most were complimentary about us and even during our excellent cup run. There was one poster called bellwhiff I think though who really hated us with a passion even then.

A few of the Port Vale fans on their forum were more than complimentary yesterday but as on most forums you always get one or two who moan about our tactics. it can be quite amusing especially when it is not very accurate and then you find they didn't actually go to the match.

Another poster believes Lincoln have a style of play that would not be tolerated by Mansfield fans and trots out the 'huge budget' line despite the absence of any evidence to support it. Clearly misinformation and perhaps delusion are alive and well in parts of the East Midlands, although another poster points out that Lincoln have ten wins this season to Mansfield's three and almost double their points total already.

Yes, Mansfield clearly have a far better squad than Lincoln.
Which is ironic really because they won the NL under Paul Cox, a man renowned for 'Cox Ball', being a kid in a sweet shop when it comes to signing players and has expensive taste (just look the players they had in their 30+ man squad in their title winning season who weren't even making the bench).

Which is ironic really because they won the NL under Paul Cox, a man renowned for 'Cox Ball', being a kid in a sweet shop when it comes to signing players and has expensive taste (just look the players they had in their 30+ man squad in their title winning season who weren't even making the bench).
Presumably the stats suggest Marriott, Beevers, Green, Rhead were major contributors to the success as opposed to Hutchinson, Hand etc?

...trots out the 'huge budget' line despite the absence of any evidence to support it...

I don't think there can be much argument that we have one of the highest budgets in the league. Whether it's more than Mansfield's throw-enough-****-at-the-wall approach I wouldn't be able to say.

Can’t believe they are whinging about goalscorers still. That’s all they seem to have done since letting us have Green! How much are they paying Walker and Davies?