Sunday Chimes - The links | Page 11 | Vital Football

Sunday Chimes - The links

Sunday Chimes #179 – Toothless Pompey slip up again

Pompey slipped to consecutive defeats for the first time this season. Two down at the interval, sub Brett Pitman pulled one back but they lacked the teeth to threaten their hosts lead.

Click Here For More.

Pompey Into Semi-Finals

Given the recent Portsmouth form – having lost back-to-back games against Blackpool and Oxford – victory over Peterborough was very much welcomed, in fact important.

Click Here For More.

Signing Of With A Bang

Ahead of the FA Cup meeting with QPR – a tie David Wheeler couldn’t feature in anyway – Portsmouth’s forward options were further limited when he returned to Loftus Road.

Click Here For More.

Ex international front men that led the line whilst still having the gift.
What better person to help and cover for Ollie.
Been here and done that too.

Burgess certainly has ability on the ground and is a threat in the air. To be honest, not convinced too many would agree, but if the forward issues we're having going on then would Burgess really be a bad shout?

I don't think so, but doubt it'll happen.

If we could bring Crouchy back on loan until the end of the season I'd be delighted - think it was mooted on social media recently?

Think he'd do a great Hawkins like job, but wouldn't think it'll happen... would it?

Another cup-set anyone? Yes, League One is the bread and butter but another FA Cup win is good for confidence and the coffers.

Making it into the 5th round would be a great achievement. On our day, given most wouldn't play a 'first team' as such - in fairness we don't always - we could give anyone a game I reckon... well, almost anyone.

Bury Between Pompey And Wembley

The Checkatrade Trophy has seen Pompey dispense of both Tottenham and Arsenal’s U21 side on our way to the semi-finals. Bury stand between us and the Wembley final.

Click Here For More.