Summer transfers | Page 5 | Vital Football

Summer transfers

Mccreery was on here supporting Ashley not very long ago. Some people have short memories, including mccreery himself.

Supporting Ashley not so long ago?

Wey get a grip lad

I take it you're referring to the 2011/2012 season when we finished 5th. - SEVEN years ago??

The season I didn't go along with the hype that Ashley was destroying the club - the season we finished FIFTH

I don't think you'll find any posts from me supporting Ashley at the time either so don't twist history

I was slow to jack my season ticket (of 20 odd years at the time) compared to others but I was more than aware of what Ashley was capable of - my tipping point was the lack of ambition the following season - the season we were playing in EUROPE - and then the subsequent return of Kinnear

When it became apparent that Ashley had no ambition for the club I made the difficult decision to turn my back - it's a fuckin pitty Benitez didn't make a similar decision based on years more undeniable proof that Ashley couldn't give a shite

Last edited:
Can't understand how Carroll (even on a freebie) was excused the 'buy young and sell-on for a profit' format that Ashley has as his mantra.
Oh, he already has the money, £35m. Well f*ck me, that's why 3 goals in the previous 2 seasons was overlooked.

Looks like a full house house on Sunday, protest likely to be cancelled, fakeover talk has gone quiet and the sheep are wanking themselves over a bunch of players unproven in the PL. Oh and the return of the Jedi and serial treatment table warmer!

Ashley has played a fucking blinder this time! Now I can see why the rest of the country think that Geordies are thick as fuck and deluded idiots.

Far better transfer window than I expected, two full backs which we neede plus pace in attack. Carroll is just a freebie who may throw in a few goals if fit.
Just see how it goes now.

Joelinton - Young, powerful, tall, stong, good finisher. Starting the season at full fitness compared to Rondon who took ages to get to full fitness.

Maximin - quick and skillfull player.

Longstaff - ready to start the season, quality player who Ashley could have easily sold.

Schar - Quality defender good at going forward, could have easily been sold.

Dubravka - Quality keeper who could have easily been sold.

Almiron - runs around a lot. Terrifies defenders with his pace, gets freekicks and oppositino players sent off.

Matty Longstaff - another gem who should break through this season.

Willems - an improvement on Dummett.

Krafth - An improvement at right back.

Carroll - will be good back up and aerial threat.

Money left over to spend again in January on quality players. Regardless of whether enough money was spent or not, we have a very good solid squad for this season.

Joelinton - Young, powerful, tall, stong, good finisher. Starting the season at full fitness compared to Rondon who took ages to get to full fitness.

Maximin - quick and skillfull player.

Longstaff - ready to start the season, quality player who Ashley could have easily sold.

Schar - Quality defender good at going forward, could have easily been sold.

Dubravka - Quality keeper who could have easily been sold.

Almiron - runs around a lot. Terrifies defenders with his pace, gets freekicks and oppositino players sent off.

Matty Longstaff - another gem who should break through this season.

Willems - an improvement on Dummett.

Krafth - An improvement at right back.

Carroll - will be good back up and aerial threat.

Money left over to spend again in January on quality players. Regardless of whether enough money was spent or not, we have a very good solid squad for this season.

All bollocks as Ashley still owns the club he has no intention of selling.Enjoy fighting for 17th.

I'm with you Marky. All these players are in the shop window for Ashley to make a profit when they are sold.

Good luck for getting more than 40m for Joelinton but unfortunately Longstaff is going to make a bigger profit for Ashley than Carroll did. And it will take another 8 years to spend that money.

I make that 30m left for Ashley to take out of the club after this transfer window.

Same shit different season, just a different stooge as manager. Yet 50k will turn up as all is forgotten because he supposedly broke the transfer records blah blah. 12 years and the dozy fuckwits still don't see through all this shit. All that have been bought in have been got with resale in mind, apart from Carroll which is just some free crap to appease the sheep.

Awful lot of flak going Benitez direction for someone who is supposedly a puppet of a much bigger issue. Am I on the hypocrite thread?

Sorry rza I was cut off.
As a football man and the manager of a football club wafa took a lot of stick,the blame should be heaped on an retail entrepreneur.