Summer Transfer Thread 2021 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Thread 2021

Nottingham Forest are one of three teams interested in Blackpool hotshot Jerry Yates, according to Football Insider.
Yates, 24, has bagged 14 goals in 33 League One appearances for Blackpool this season, and now Football Insider claim that Nottingham Forest alongside Blackburn Rovers and Bristol City are ‘chasing’ the Englishman.

The report also details that Blackpool value Yates at around £2million.

Be hard pressed to say no to a 1000% return on investment after 1 year.

Whether Yates stays or goes, and even whether we go up or not, the challenge for Critch is to recruit more creativity and goals from the front 3.

I think a lot will depend on which division we are in as much as anything.If we are promoted he would be a major asset.

Last edited:
Footballer Insider is a crap source and Yates will be worth a hell of a lot more than £2m if he stays another year with us, especially as he has 3 more years on his contract

Footballer Insider is a crap source and Yates will be worth a hell of a lot more than £2m if he stays another year with us, especially as he has 3 more years on his contract
Done a bit of digging on this one this evening, and although the article on Football Insider doesn't show as being authored by Pete O'Rourke, the story is from him and he's normally reliable when it comes to us - broke a number of stories during the summer window.

he has been one of the hardest working on the pitch all of this season, but his scoring looks even more impressive when you think he didn't get his first goal this season until what?... end of October, nearly 10 games in?
Definitely an asset we want to keep if we are in the Championship next season.. perhaps in tandem with Madine given how effective the two of them were together.

he has been one of the hardest working on the pitch all of this season, but his scoring looks even more impressive when you think he didn't get his first goal this season until what?... end of October, nearly 10 games in?
Definitely an asset we want to keep if we are in the Championship next season.. perhaps in tandem with Madine given how effective the two of them were together.
We need to get Madine back playing first taking a long time plus it will take time to settle in..

This summer will be an interesting one for Transfer Fees, will the market see a bit of a reset given the financial pressures of COVID?

Turning down a 10x return for Yates within a year would be difficult, there's no way the club can't have been making a substantial loss this season.

If we had the choice of Simms, Gabriel + £500k in the bank for Yates - would you take it?

This summer will be an interesting one for Transfer Fees, will the market see a bit of a reset given the financial pressures of COVID?

Turning down a 10x return for Yates within a year would be difficult, there's no way the club can't have been making a substantial loss this season.

If we had the choice of Simms, Gabriel + £500k in the bank for Yates - would you take it?
Let’s see where we are at next season we may be pushing for promotion to the Premiership and looking to add rather than sell.

I can't see Maddine getting back in the team now I think we have a system that suits us so he is plan B or replacing Yates in a game late on. I really like Gabriel but if Turton is here next season then where would Gabriel fit in.

I'll be controversial - I like Maxwell for his organisation, distribution and sweeping. For crosses he is a liability and we could do better.

Nixon stirring a bit there. All players were told there'd be no talks on new deals until we know what division we are in.