Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news | Page 119 | Vital Football

Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news

Apparently, Wilshere has said he'd found it hard to explain to his kid why he isn't playing for anyone.

Talal's comment is tongue in cheek ....... but then again ....

I imagine the reason he hasn't got a club isn't because no clubs want him but because he isn't interested in playing at the clubs who would be interested for the money on offer.

He's earned a fortune over his career so he probably doesn't need the cash and it's his prerogative to not drop to the mid to lower championship or league 1 if he doesn't want to. But I suspect if he really just wanted to play and was willing to take 5-10k a week he'd probably have had a fair few options at the start of the summer.

In the past most top levels players dropped a level and had a good extended career being a big fish in a smaller pond in their 30's. But now the money at the top of the game is so excessive it makes dropping down a level so unappealing to so many players many just won't bother rolling out of bed for 10k a week. I think Wilshere could have a great few years left if he wants them but I get the feeling he only fancies playing for a Prem or Prem promotion chasing club which don't seem to want him.

Last edited:
It’s pretty sad in a way what’s happened to Wiltshire’s career. Think I read somewhere he’s about 30 and has only played around 200 games, inc internationals. He’s a decent player but the lad just can’t stay fit. I don’t think a club would be willing to take him on unless it’s a pay as you play deal - and even then it wouldn’t be at the rate he’s used to. If he wants to carry on playing I think that’s the compromise he’ll have to accept.
The only thing that I remember Wilshire for was his pathetic drop to the floor when N'Zogbia blew in his face and was sent off,hated the little shit ever since.

In the past most top levels players dropped a level and had a good extended career being a big fish in a smaller pond in their 30's. But now the money at the top of the game is so excessive it makes dropping down a level so unappealing to so many players .

Too true …and the game’s worse for it …..the days we saw an FA Cup winning goal scorer like Derek Temple ending up in the NPL or European Cup winners Archie Gemmell, Alan Kennedy turning out at wherever the equivalent of Springfield is these Days in L1 are probably long gone, but would be interested to hear of any current exceptions that my age addled memory may have missed……(I’m probably excluding Callum Mc at Tranmere out of this as sadly his early promise never really saw him as a top flight regular unlike the aforementioned ?)

Wilshere would be the ideal creative midfielder we are looking for. As has already been stated, he would be dropping to a 5 - 10k salary. But he should have earned enough throughout his career (especially during his time at arsenal) to be able to afford a pay cut & be more content with playing football.

It just shows though the stupid & extortionate amounts being offered to people kicking a ball. I wouldn't mind a 5k week wage.

Wilshere would be the ideal creative midfielder we are looking for. As has already been stated, he would be dropping to a 5 - 10k salary. But he should have earned enough throughout his career (especially during his time at arsenal) to be able to afford a pay cut & be more content with playing football.

It just shows though the stupid & extortionate amounts being offered to people kicking a ball. I wouldn't mind a 5k week wage.
Moving up north could be a problem
I am just taking this story with a pinch of salt

İngiltere 1. Lig Takımı Wigan Athletic, Bursaspor’un geçen yıl forvette iyi performans sergileyerek dikkatleri üzerine çeken 2001 doğumlu Milli Futbolcusu Batuhan Kör için 1.250.000€ resmi teklifte bulundu.

Bursaspor yönetiminin bu akşam karara varması bekleniyor. https://t.co/YLCvShpLvB

Won't let me translate but says the club will give an answer tonight exciting player apparently see Twitter for translation

İngiltere 1. Lig Takımı Wigan Athletic, Bursaspor’un geçen yıl forvette iyi performans sergileyerek dikkatleri üzerine çeken 2001 doğumlu Milli Futbolcusu Batuhan Kör için 1.250.000€ resmi teklifte bulundu.

Bursaspor yönetiminin bu akşam karara varması bekleniyor. https://t.co/YLCvShpLvB

Won't let me translate but says the club will give an answer tonight exciting player apparently see Twitter for translation
Totally agree

I've got no problem whatsoever with us hunting for young foreign talent. However, £1.25 million on a player in a position we already have two players for in a system that sees us play one striker has disaster written all over it.

As for Wilshere, if we could afford him (unlikely), he would be an incredible signing, exactly the creative midfielder we need. I can't see him dropping to L1 or accepting the wages we could offer him though.

Goes without saying no one will have previously heard about this Turkish lad so i tried to have a look into him.

The source of this rumour is a Turkish sports news page with 100k followers so in theory it should be credible. Also it's such a bizarre rumour it sounds unlikely it is made up.

He's playing in the Turkish second tier. He has played 3 friendlies for the Turkish u21 side earlier this year - that could be a big factor in trying to get a potential work permit on appeal as he won't automatically hit the criteria. Unless he maybe has some type of British citizenship in the family.

Last year was his first season playing senior football regulary where he made 29 appearances (20 starts in the league) scoring 7 goals with zero assists, plus 4 goals and 1 assist in 4 games in the cup.

His side play the same formation we do and 19 of those appearances and all but one of his goals came playing on the right side of an attacking midfield trio. Only 11 of his appearances came as a striker where he only scored 1 goal. He also made a few appearances on the left of the attacking mid trio.

The season before last he made 10 appearances for the u19s and scored 5. He played as striker, attacking mid centre and left. With 4 of his 5 goals coming playing attacking mind.

It looks like he's an attacking mid and not a striker. Which is a bit surprising as we seem already well stocked in that area.

It seems a bit strange we'd potentially look to buy another attacking mid for so much money when we've previously not stretched to get the likes of Fraser. Especially when there is no guarantee we'd get a work permit and the lad isn't playing at a particularly high level. But if there is truth in it we must really think he has huge potential. Wait and see what happens but I'm not sure what to make of it.

Some of his highlights from YouTube below.