Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news | Page 115 | Vital Football

Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news

He was rumoured to be going back to Birmingham and Bornemouth were also apparently keeping an eye on it.
Saw that but those rumours were weeks ago and Bowyer seemed to poo poo the Birmingham links. There is a certain amount of appeal with our project though which McLean alluded to. Why join a mid to lower end Championship club when you could join a club on the rise, win a promotion an earn yourself a Championship deal next season. Players like McLean and Dann haven’t won anything in their careers have they?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was mentioned on Barry's podcast last night said he's a free agent
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bailey Wright’s situation.
The defender’s future has at times been in doubt this summer, and Wigan were said to be interested in a move for the Aussie centre-back.
Over the weekend, the Sun’s Alan Nixon claimed Sunderland wanted a fee for Wright that was putting the Latics off, yet Black Cats boss Lee Johnson was clear when asked about Wright after Saturday’s win over Wimbledon.
“I’ve got zero appetite to lose Bailey Wright,” Johnson said.

Sounds like they've had a bit of a change of heart, as they've taken his squad number off him to leave vacant, started midfielders out of position over him in defence and in previous interviews Johnson has talked about Wright only having 1 year left on his deal, owners not seeing the best of him and having 'honest conversations' with him.

But they still aren't starting him, and once their new centre back who just arrived settles in, he may well drop drop to 4th choice, so i think it's a bit of bravado to try and make it clear they want a fee.

Not sure what type of fee they are asking, but he's got zero resale value at his age and his wages will be high, so we are almost certainly looking at alternatives with the likes of Jach.

I wonder if they previously thought we wouldn't be a promotion rival and were willing to let him go but after our decent start to the season they have become more conscious about letting him go to a competitor without getting a decent fee.

Sounds like they've had a bit of a change of heart, as they've taken his squad number off him to leave vacant, started midfielders out of position over him in defence and in previous interviews Johnson has talked about Wright only having 1 year left on his deal, owners not seeing the best of him and having 'honest conversations' with him.

But they still aren't starting him, and once their new centre back who just arrived settles in, he may well drop drop to 4th choice, so i think it's a bit of bravado to try and make it clear they want a fee.

Not sure what type of fee they are asking, but he's got zero resale value at his age and his wages will be high, so we are almost certainly looking at alternatives with the likes of Jach.

I wonder if they previously thought we wouldn't be a promotion rival and were willing to let him go but after our decent start to the season they have become more conscious about letting him go to a competitor without getting a decent fee.
Can't see any problem with the two cb we are using
I would look for a cb who will just be cover for the ones we have
Rather than spend a fortune on one that is too expensive

Can't see any problem with the two cb we are using
I would look for a cb who will just be cover for the ones we have
Rather than spend a fortune on one that is too expensive

The argument will always be if you are bringing someone new in you want them to be as good if not better than what you already have. Also with all 3 centre halfs being so young having an experienced head at the back probably wouldn't be a bad shout.

I think everyone has been been very impressed with Whatmough through preseason until now - and he's got better every game. But i think we need to see a few more games from Watts before we can judge him properly.

The instagram page posting that rumour said their inside sources are telling them we are in for Morsy, Williams, Levelle and Dann - I think we need to take it with a massive pinch of salt.
Can't see it but wouldn't it be great if these were the 4 players tala has marked with his 4 pens

Very true. He does seem to be a bit OTT but I think he’s just playing up to their fans. The nonsense about McLean at the weekend was just embarrassing. Let it go man!
That really made me chuckle as well. A player of James McClean's quality and experience, on a free, would give pretty much any L1 manager a semi.

Evatt was no doubt interested, as would near enough every other L1 manager be... but having been dismissed out of hand, he's clearly not wanting to admit it and now denying everything... like a cat stands up super quick and tries to look nonchalant when they fall off something 🤣

I've seen people speculating that some of those pens could be renewals... Sounds more likely imo. If it's Lang and Pearce it's better than two new players.

I think you're going to be proven right.

We started the season with 6 players under contract; Long, Asgaard and Massey just got them.

So that leaves Lang, Robinson and Pearce being the only 3 players being in their final year. So i suspect extensions for at least Lang and Pearce. Getting those 2 tied up would be excellent business. I wonder if we'll let the season play out before looking at an extension Robinson after he seems to have become 3rd choice left back.

Plus maybe Jach.