Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news | Page 110 | Vital Football

Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news

Fantastic signing, welcome back James!!!

There may be a few on here shouting their gobs off against him, but nearly 8500 people gave him a rousing reception at half time.
And a good chunk of the 8500 would boo him everytime he touched the ball if he had have gone to Bolton and was playing against us.

Really great reception for him tonight and his wife took to twitter to say it was great to be back amongst friends again! Welcome indeed!!

Some of those sheep last night would have applauded Adolf Hitler on to the pitch as long as he held a shirt up. Turned my stomach if I'm honest. They mustn't care about our armed forces...how sad.

Was told last night we are after a centre half from crystal Palace
He could not remember his name though

When he gets a cross in. He was like Bambi on Ice last time.

Exactly what he wasn’t for me Jeff ...now ‘bull at a gate‘ (with blinkers on) might be more accurate …if not a lot more complimentary.

100% effort and not shy of a tackle ….but still not sure exactly what role he has been brought in for.

I don't think the team starting is important any more - it's all about the squad and impact players. The forwards and midfield have some firepower on the pitch and the bench. We don't want players who are going to be precious about this, although it was great to see Wyke looking pissed off when he came off last night.

I can see James starting but also coming on for the last 20 and running a tired defence ragged. It would be good to see a fully fit Gav doing the same too.

As I said before, it's the back four now that is important. If someone is looking tired or having a problem, then we need people to step in and complete the job.

Gives us 4 real wingers now and a makeshift left back and options for a 3 at the back system also. If you had said a year ago we would be bringing players like max and James back I think we would all have been delighted. Just need to keep in touch with top half of table til end of August and figure out a system that works for the players we have. UTFT