Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news | Page 87 | Vital Football

Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news

K
We've got 5 loans available, so at least 2 more permanent signings.

My guess would be:
2 centre halves
1 right back
1 central mid
1 attacking mid
1 winger
+ Another winger or back up

There are still some decent free's available, but i'm thinking if we were really keen on anyone who is available we may have already done

Nixon said the other day the out of contract Sheff Weds players would make themselves available to be signed as they would be getting the last big payday of their contract.

I'm not saying we're in for them but a player who's been on big money and we've been interested in might suddenly be looking to get fixed up for less money.

It looks like one of the big Australian teams may have offered Bailey Wright a 3 year contract to go back home.

Nixon said the other week that contract length was a big factor, so presumably we were looking to offer 2 and he was after 3.

Not sure what type of money will be on offer in the A League compared to what we are offering or how much of a draw it will be for him to move back to Australia but presumably we'll need to offer 3 years if we want him.

He's just turned 29 this past week and will prob want a big wage for this level - with his recent injury issues im not sure if we will push that through or let him go.

It looks like one of the big Australian teams may have offered Bailey Wright a 3 year contract to go back home.

Nixon said the other week that contract length was a big factor, so presumably we were looking to offer 2 and he was after 3.

Not sure what type of money will be on offer in the A League compared to what we are offering or how much of a draw it will be for him to move back to Australia but presumably we'll need to offer 3 years if we want him.

He's just turned 29 this past week and will prob want a big wage for this level - with his recent injury issues im not sure if we will push that through or let him go.
Can't afford another Fox.

I would leave it. Not sure I’d want us to pay all that money for a player with no resale value. We want someone younger and hungrier

Forget new signings, the club's priority should be locking down Callum Lang to a long term contract. Although, I fear we've now missed the boat on that. One way or another, he'll be playing Championship football in 2022.

Also, keep Humphry's fit and we'll sell him on for a decent wedge down the line. Very good player.

Totally Agree. Callum Lang has come on leaps and bounds this year. Some of his goals and assists last season were crucial in helping us avoid relegation, and you can see just how much confidence he has gained. Lang would be one of the first names on my teamsheet, he's done it the hard way in the last few seasons.....been out on loan to Oldham, Motherwell, Shrewsbury etc.....he's learned his trade....and now we've got a decent player on our hands.

Humphrys is a good player, and he's at a good age to improve. As you say we could easily end up selling him in a year or so for 4-5 Million. An excellent signing.

Not sure of it's been posted already but a Liverpool fan page is reporting that Bobby Duncan is in talks after being told he's free to leave Derby. He started out here before going on to City, then Liverpool, Fiorentina and Derby and turned down a move to Velje earlier this week.

He was probably one of the most highly rated English forwards in a generation but hasn't made a mark yet. He's on the chopping block at Derby for the same reason we had to let the likes of Obi and Webber go last season in that he's played senior minutes but they want to sign someone else so need to free up a squad space.

Normally I give short shrift to rumours like this but the Liverpool football scene is probably the most incestuous I've ever come across. News of player moves have normally crossed the city faster than the players involved!

Not sure of it's been posted already but a Liverpool fan page is reporting that Bobby Duncan is in talks after being told he's free to leave Derby. He started out here before going on to City, then Liverpool, Fiorentina and Derby and turned down a move to Velje earlier this week.

He was probably one of the most highly rated English forwards in a generation but hasn't made a mark yet. He's on the chopping block at Derby for the same reason we had to let the likes of Obi and Webber go last season in that he's played senior minutes but they want to sign someone else so need to free up a squad space.

Normally I give short shrift to rumours like this but the Liverpool football scene is probably the most incestuous I've ever come across. News of player moves have normally crossed the city faster than the players involved!
Really sounds like one to avoid given his alleged attitude issues. No way would he walk straight into our first team.

Doesn't sound like what we need

Two years after leaving Liverpool under a cloud of controversy, Bobby Duncan is set to move on again with Derby said to be “furious” with his conduct this summer.
Duncan joined the Reds in 2018 in strange circumstances as he effectively sacrificed a year of his young career while on the books with Man City to force his exit.

Didn't his agent have a twitter spat with Jamie Carragher when he moved to Italy. Reports from Merseyside suggesting Denmark could be his next destination.

Duncan just turned down a move to Denmark at the last minute so it does seem like he has something else lined up. So it could make sense it would be us.

Looking at what is out there about him his issue seems to come from a desperation to play first team football and a lack of opportunties and lack of patients. There seemed a lot of animosity between Liverpool and his agent over how the club handled him. Both sides claim the other was the villain but I imagine the truth was somewhere in the middle.

Obviously as a footballer you need to have a degree of patients and professionalism but it doesn't seem likes he's a trouble maker off the pitch just a lad who wants to play. He's only just turned 20 and it doesn't seem like he's been steered right by his agent. But hopefully he's learned and incidentally that agent no longer represents him.

I've never seen him play but he sounds like he is a natural goal scorer with lots of potential and he's still very young. You don't end up at Liverpool, Fiorentina and Man City if you haven't got something about you - so if we think he's got the talent and we can get the best out of him I'm happy if we are going to give him a go.

Doesn't sound like what we need

Two years after leaving Liverpool under a cloud of controversy, Bobby Duncan is set to move on again with Derby said to be “furious” with his conduct this summer.
Duncan joined the Reds in 2018 in strange circumstances as he effectively sacrificed a year of his young career while on the books with Man City to force his exit.
Equally it could also be that coming back to where he started is a good thing. I've seen a few quotes saying Derby were furious about something but I've yet to see anything that explains exactly what they were furious about. As far as I can read in to it they're either furious that he wants first team minutes or that he turned down Velje.