Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news | Page 77 | Vital Football

Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news

I've seen a few sensible Sunderland fans saying about the blatant cope a large portion of their Twitter engage in - call everyone shit and glad to see them go as soon as they might be leaving regardless of how good they were.

It appears Wright is very good but he was rushed back from injury at the end of the seasons before he was fit and uncharacteristically struggled. The stick he is getting lseems to largely come from that spell. Even prior to his injury lay off they changed system from back 3 to back 4 and he never seemed to have a chance to build up much of a partnership as the defence seemed to constantly change due to injuries.

So it sounds a bit like when the previously colossal Dan Burn came back from injury prior to joining Brighton and he clearly not up to speed and was garbage. If we judged him on that spell alone you'd say we mugged Brighton but he recovered his fitness and form to show his true ability again for them.

I've seen a few sensible Sunderland fans saying about the blatant cope a large portion of their Twitter engage in - call everyone shit and glad to see them go as soon as they might be leaving regardless of how good they were.

It appears Wright is very good but he was rushed back from injury at the end of the seasons before he was fit and uncharacteristically struggled. The stick he is getting lseems to largely come from that spell. Even prior to his injury lay off they changed system from back 3 to back 4 and he never seemed to have a chance to build up much of a partnership as the defence seemed to constantly change due to injuries.

So it sounds a bit like when the previously colossal Dan Burn came back from injury prior to joining Brighton and he clearly not up to speed and was garbage. If we judged him on that spell alone you'd say we mugged Brighton but he recovered his fitness and form to show his true ability again for them.

Wow I was afraid I was very wrong and talking shit with my previous guess but it seems to actually be right. Hopefully he didn't worsen his injury and isn't due a surgery or something like that...

Strongest team at the moment.

1 Amos
2 Darikwa
4 Whatmough
5 Long
3 Pearce
6 Naylor
8 Cousins
7 Lang
10 Humphreys
9 Wyke
11Edwards

Subs
Power
Massey
Keane
Aassgaard
Jones
Robinson

Anyone agree or disagree or where can we strengthen

Say we get Wright and Lawrence (or equivalent players) I think we'll still want another decent centre back and that will be the defence covered.

I think will likely want another wide player - preferably one who can play either side.

I can see us wanting another centre mid.

If it was true we wanted Fraser we will probably still want a no10 type player in that type of mould.

Then I think we may want another striker as deep back up.

I imagine some of those are 'nice to have' rather than 'need to have' and all 5 loans could be used.

Say we get Wright and Lawrence (or equivalent players) I think we'll still want another decent centre back and that will be the defence covered.

I think will likely want another wide player - preferably one who can play either side.

I can see us wanting another centre mid.

If it was true we wanted Fraser we will probably still want a no10 type player in that type of mould.

Then I think we may want another striker as deep back up.

I imagine some of those are 'nice to have' rather than 'need to have' and all 5 loans could be used.

With all those I think theres a danger of being overloaded. Even now I dont see Power starting, a skillful No 10 would be good but then he cant play both HUMPHREYS and Wyke together and with another winger getting crosses in there will be no room for Callum. It all becomes a problem lol

With all those I think theres a danger of being overloaded. Even now I dont see Power starting, a skillful No 10 would be good but then he cant play both HUMPHREYS and Wyke together and with another winger getting crosses in there will be no room for Callum. It all becomes a problem lol

I think it depends on:
- budget
- versatility of who we bring in
- who becomes available
- if we think any of the young players can fill those gaps.

I said 7 positions, but we may end up with 4 or 5 lads covering those positions between them and maybe some of those could be promoted from the youth team.

I think preseason will probably help to shape those decisions.

There will be competition for places and depending on who performs well in preseason will influence team selections for Sunderland. But my guess is at the moment Power, Lang and Wyke are pencilled in as starters with Humphrys on the bench.

I don’t think they brought power back to sit on the bench. I think he will be the captain.

Be interesting to see John, I think the other midfielders weve signed are better I never did rave over Max last time. A good club man granted but a pretty average league 1 player in my opinion.

I don’t think they brought power back to sit on the bench. I think he will be the captain.

Both Naylor and Cousins are better alternatives in the middle (the former is a good option for captain). I can see Power coming from the bench late in the game for either of them or as RB if a good cross is needed.

Just saw St Johnstone have a 2 legged Europa League 3rd round qualifier tie against Galatasary or PSV at the start and mid August.

I imagine Kerr will want to play in those games and St Johnstone want to maximise their chances of getting to the play offs and group stages. If they go out they still have a couple of weeks to sell him and if they go through that could change things.

I know a few clubs are interested in a number of their players, but it wouldn't shock me if any move for any St Johnstone player could be on hold until the Gala / PSV games are out of the way.

Be interesting to see John, I think the other midfielders weve signed are better I never did rave over Max last time. A good club man granted but a pretty average league 1 player in my opinion.

I'd agree with you over Max's first year in L1 and the Champ - he was very over rated for me. But I think his final year in L1 he was very good for us stepping in to the hole Evans left. Fingers crossed we get the later version.

No Duhaney tonight so I wonder if that indicates Lawrence is happening.

Blackett Taylor made an appearance as a trialist so that suggests that could get done.

We know Bailey Wright is potentially on the cards too.

So if all those happened the squad would look like:

Amos
Jones

Darikwa
Lawrence

Pearce
Robinson

Whatmough
Wright
Long
???

Cousins
Power
Naylor
???

Lang
Massey

Edwards
Blackett Taylor

Keane
Aasgaard (Not sure what position he will end up being used in)

Humphrys
Wyke

Not counting any youth players promoted to the first team. Who could fill potential spots to save signing new faces.

So 2 in every position except centre back and centre mid. So I imagine those spots will be filled. We have Pugh on trial so that suggests we want another attacking mid. Then i think we might add 1 more attacking player depending on what Richardson thinks the players best positions are. If we fancy Humphrys as a no10 then we might go for another striker, if we fancy Humphrys as a striker and Lang as a winger we might go for a creative no10, if we fancy Humphrys as striker and Lang as no10 we might go for a right winger.

I believe that would also take us to the squad cap.

Mo Eisa signed for MK Dons. They are also meant to be getting Teddy Bishop from Ipswich. They are having a very good window especially considering they lost 3 of their top scorers.

A lot of teams doing some good business, it looks like it's going to be very competitive division. Much more competitive than the previous 2 times we won it.

Having seen that starting line-up today, which I'm guessing won't be far off the Sunderland team, we still have a lot of work to do because I think that side would struggle to make the top six let alone top two. Desperately need at least one quality starting CB and a quality creative spark in the midfield. Hopefully the Chelsea lad arrives as well as that will solve the right back/wing problem.

All most 2 weeks now since we signed Humphrys could be other clubs are playing hard ball with any targets we may have, Looks like the freebies have dried up now.

All most 2 weeks now since we signed Humphrys could be other clubs are playing hard ball with any targets we may have, Looks like the freebies have dried up now.

I would think after reports of Wykes supposed wage then some clubs and players think we're throwing money about. So their price/ wage demands have gone up as well.
But as we're so far into the window maybe we're just assessing our 2nd level of preferred signings.

Just seen a poll on Twitter from Sunderland site saying 'would you consider letting Bailey Wright go to Wigan for a decent fee?'

Yes - 51.8%
No - 48.2%

Considering so many of them seemed to say how rubbish he was when the rumour broke it's interesting that nearly half of them wouldn't want to sell even if they got a good fee to replace him with.