Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news | Page 72 | Vital Football

Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news

Just on Fraser, his stats are good but not earth shattering. He played something like 41 games, scored 16 and set up 6. Will Keane played around 30, scored 10 and set up 5. With better players around he could make a huge difference next season.

I also think we could see Massey back to his best. This is his first full (so far) pre season in 3 years, that will make a huge difference to his preparation for the season ahead.

It’s not Fraser’s stats that make him a good player, it’s his ability to run a game, keep hold of possession and feed other players in his team, he probably assists the assister a lot.

At present we’ve got no one who can do that. Keane certainly can’t, he’s a totally different kind of player.

By the way, I know they’ve been spoken about before on here, but once again hats off to the local press in Ipswich. Not only are they not afraid to challenge their manager after bad results but they’re on the ball with transfer news regarding their club before it even happens, whilst our fans are hanging on the words of some spotty kid on Twitter for fake news. Puts our media to shame.

Last edited:
It’s not Fraser’s stats that make him a good player, it’s his ability to run a game, keep hold of possession and feed other players in his team, he probably assists the assister a lot.

At present we’ve got no one who can do that. Keane certainly can’t, he’s a totally different kind of player.

By the way, I know they’ve been spoken about before on here, but once again hats off to the local press in Ipswich. Not only are they not afraid to challenge their manager after bad results but they’re on the ball with transfer news regarding their club before it even happens, whilst our fans are hanging on the words of some spotty kid on Twitter for fake news. Puts our media to shame.
No arguing they are different types of players but I think we've added some real quality deeper in midfield with Cousins and Naylor (and to an extent with Power). I think that will give us the ability to dictate play in different ways once they get an understanding.

I think we are all guilty of diminishing some of the players who stayed because of the experiences of last season. Although different I think Keane fitted our style of play last season in a way that was reminiscent of McCulloch. A big feller arriving late in the box and with composure on the ball he caused lots of problems for defences because they weren't sure how to mark him. Did the midfield deal with him? In which case he might find a big height advantage, or did the defence? In which case he made space for the strikers and wingers.

As a matter of interest how many on here can say they know much about Fraser before this transfer talk. To be honest I know nothing about him and if I have seen him play I wouldn't have known.

On another point I"m a bit worried we may start the season a bit undercooked with the lack of friendly games and the type of opposition, I just hope weve had some closed door games.

The lack of decent information from the local rag is appalling.

Last edited:
As a matter of interest how many on here can say they know much about Fraser before this transfer talk. To be honest I know nothing about him and if I have seen him play I wouldn't have known.

On another point I"m a bit worried we may start the season a bit undercooked with the lack of friendly games and the type of opposition, I just hope weve had some closed door games.

The local rag didn't even know the squad had gone to Scotland until the club hosting the training tweeted about it!Terrible coverage by them ,just a copy and paste bunch I'm afraid

The local rag didn't even know the squad had gone to Scotland until the club hosting the training tweeted about it!Terrible coverage by them ,just a copy and paste bunch I'm afraid
I dont waste money on that shyte anyway

No arguing they are different types of players but I think we've added some real quality deeper in midfield with Cousins and Naylor (and to an extent with Power). I think that will give us the ability to dictate play in different ways once they get an understanding.

I think we are all guilty of diminishing some of the players who stayed because of the experiences of last season. Although different I think Keane fitted our style of play last season in a way that was reminiscent of McCulloch. A big feller arriving late in the box and with composure on the ball he caused lots of problems for defences because they weren't sure how to mark him. Did the midfield deal with him? In which case he might find a big height advantage, or did the defence? In which case he made space for the strikers and wingers.
We’re well stocked in defensive/central midfield no doubt about it, but we don’t yet have that Powell type player that has the ability to roam around the pitch at will who can drop deep, who you can’t get the ball off and feeds the strikers, who can bring others into play and isn’t afraid to pick a through ball. Plus we still lack a quality set piece taker which apparently Fraser was very good at. This is an absolutely crucial requirement when considering we have a proven goalscorer from set pieces.

I don’t think our current attacking midfield as it stands will create enough chances for Wyke and co. Then our idiot fans will turn on Wyke just like they did Kieffer Moore when the reality is that the service to him is nonexistent.

Pearce was just starting to take freekicks and corners on the left before his injury, Power will do a decent job from the right side. Aasgaard's freekicks were excellent but he'll probably only see minutes from the bench.

Darikwa's crossing was poor last season, hopefully he's been working on it. 1 assist which matched Robinson and he played less games.

If anyone was looking out for good players in the division over the last few years i think they'd have rated Fraser highly. He really is a superb player and he would've been an incredible signing for us.

He's one i saw was free last summer and was shocked he ended up at MK Dons rather than in the Championship or even the bigger L1 sides like Sunderland or Charlton. I'm surprised he hasn't gone to the Championship.

I don't know if we could've got him (fee plus wages, if player was willing to come, etc) but if we could've we certainly should've IMO.

Pearce was just starting to take freekicks and corners on the left before his injury, Power will do a decent job from the right side. Aasgaard's freekicks were excellent but he'll probably only see minutes from the bench.

Darikwa's crossing was poor last season, hopefully he's been working on it. 1 assist which matched Robinson and he played less games.

I think with Wyke we need to be flooding the box with good crosses. We'll get that from Pearce, I'm not sure what Edwards crossing is like but our other wide midfielders i don't think are necessarily known for their delivery, so i certainly wouldn't be upset to see someone brought in who is known for being a good crosser.

Also if we plan to play Humphrys as more of a no10 maybe we may want a 6'4 brick shit house striker as apparently Wyke is more a fox in the box than a target man.

If anyone was looking out for good players in the division over the last few years i think they'd have rated Fraser highly. He really is a superb player and he would've been an incredible signing for us.

He's one i saw was free last summer and was shocked he ended up at MK Dons rather than in the Championship or even the bigger L1 sides like Sunderland or Charlton. I'm surprised he hasn't gone to the Championship.

I don't know if we could've got him (fee plus wages, if player was willing to come, etc) but if we could've we certainly should've IMO.
What you are forgetting nothing official from the club saying they were in for him
Just comments from certain individuals that are not really trust worthy
So I will take it we did not go in for him
Untill the club say they tried but he chose els where

Fraser is off our radar now, regardless of whether we were or weren't in for him. No sense crying over spilled milk. There's still plenty good options around, especially if we're willing to pay a fee for the right player.

Due to Covid a lot of clubs aren't flush at the moment so if we rock up with six figures, there should be no lack of good players we can get. Just have to be sure that if we're spending money, we're getting players who have both the right ability and the right attitude. Leam knows what he wants and Brannigan is more than experienced enough in the game to know where we should and shouldn't be looking. Trust is high with me at the moment: they've done a superb job so far and I've no reason at all to doubt they'll continue to do so.

Mr Jarvo has told me Nothing in the pipeline and nothing worth reporting at the moment.

The club presumably don't want any leaks, they seem to have been able to scale back massively the insider info Nixon has so i can't see them wanting Jarvo to be doing it either.

He definitely had some good info initially on Cousins, Humphrys and Amos but he's been getting some duff info recently. I am wondering if the club has identified the source of the leak and shut it down.

I reckon Netflix / Amazon Prime missed a massive trick in not doing a 'All or Nothing' / Spurs...'Till I die'/ Sunderland style documentary with us...possibly called 'You are my Sunshine' / 'UTFT'....imagine the documentary from first signs of admin, to crowndfunding & the final battle against Fulham through to the protracted potential buyers, Phoenix 21, to start of this season then bombing this league with 100 points for promotion to the Championship....would definitely be a second series in there...:cup:

I reckon Netflix / Amazon Prime missed a massive trick in not doing a 'All or Nothing' / Spurs...'Till I die'/ Sunderland style documentary with us...possibly called 'You are my Sunshine' / 'UTFT'....imagine the documentary from first signs of admin, to crowndfunding & the final battle against Fulham through to the protracted potential buyers, Phoenix 21, to start of this season then bombing this league with 100 points for promotion to the Championship....would definitely be a second series in there...:cup:

Thought you and Glasgow Latic would have been reporting from our Scottish training camp with juicy tit bits for Charles