Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news | Page 69 | Vital Football

Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news

MK Dons official Twitter page has a tweet saying that Russell Martin (manager) has told their local press that Scott Fraser missed their game tonight as an offer has been rejected, but discussions re his future are ongoing. Suggests to me, that a club is possibly quite close to agreeing a fee and a move might be fairly imminent. No mention of the division of the club that has had a bid rejected

MK Dons official Twitter page has a tweet saying that Russell Martin (manager) has told their local press that Scott Fraser missed their game tonight as an offer has been rejected, but discussions re his future are ongoing. Suggests to me, that a club is possibly quite close to agreeing a fee and a move might be fairly imminent. No mention of the division of the club that has had a bid rejected
Hope its us but I have a feeling it won't be more likely be Ipswich
Or then might be a Championship club
I like to think it's deffo us

Last edited by a moderator:
Jamal Lowe all over again. He's off no doubt about it, you don't pull a player out of a game if you don't think he's going to ultimately end up leaving.

As Bicky said, I hope it's us, although if it isn't I wouldn't be surprised considering we have already spent a decent amount of the budget. I do feel like it would be the biggest signing of the lot. That X-Factor player that we can build the team around ala Powell.

Last edited:
Full quotes from Martin on Fraser below

https://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/spor...-about-potential-sale-of-scott-fraser-3306547

Sounds like MK are going to sell but are just negotiating the best fee now. When you look at their transfer business it has looked a bit like they were preparing for his potential departure. 1 year left on his contract so they probably think they won't get a better chance to sell at his maximum price and 500k probably goes a long way to balance their books.

Nixon previously said we were the only club in and it was still live, fingers crossed he's right.

Looked into what fans from Edwards previous clubs thought of him.

For Plymouth and Blackpool fans perception was great in the air, but very slow and poor with the ball at his feet. Can be good if paired with the right partner but overall average at best. Not many seemed upset he went.

Dundee fans rated him much more highly and would hate to lose him.

Different players perform differently at different clubs but what the L1 teams said about him wasn't inspiring.

Looked into what fans from Edwards previous clubs thought of him.

For Plymouth and Blackpool fans perception was great in the air, but very slow and poor with the ball at his feet. Can be good if paired with the right partner but overall average at best. Not many seemed upset he went.

Dundee fans rated him much more highly and would hate to lose him.

Different players perform differently at different clubs but what the L1 teams said about him wasn't inspiring.
He doesn't play for Dundee, He does, however, play for Dundee United.

Sorry for being Pedantic, but I've supported Dundee United longer than I've supported The 'Tics ...And don't worry its not just you, plenty of people lazily assume there's only 1 team in Dundee.
There's definitely 2, and they play in the same street, here's the proof 👍

Attachments

• E2LmsOKXsAAxtk8.jpeg
    E2LmsOKXsAAxtk8.jpeg
    49.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
He doesn't play for Dundee, He does, however, play for Dundee United.

Sorry for being Pedantic, but I've supported Dundee United longer than I've supported The 'Tics.

I know there is 2 Dundee clubs but it's a bit like last season if we were talking about playing Bristol Rovers I'd just call them Bristol and the year before in the Championship I'd have also called Bristol City the same. It's just shorthand as only one of the Bristol clubs were relevant at the time and didnt really need distinguishing from the other. Same here we are only trying to sign Ryan Edwards from one of the two Dundee clubs so I'm assuming people know what I mean without specifying with Dundee club.

If you support them you are probably well placed to give us a fair assessment on him.

What do you think, is he going to be any good in L1?

Last edited:
If you support them you are probably well placed to give us a fair assessment on him.

What do you think, is he going to be any good in L1?
The SPL these days is very hard to give a direct comparison given how poor it is (Celtic & Rangers excluded).
Last season was The Arabs 1st back in the SPL since 2016, and had Micky Mellon as Manager (not exactly known for flowing football).
Edwards did ok overall, but was part of a defence that did leak plenty of goals.

The SPL these days is very hard to give a direct comparison given how poor it is (Celtic & Rangers excluded).
Last season was The Arabs 1st back in the SPL since 2016, and had Micky Mellon as Manager (not exactly known for flowing football).
Edwards did ok overall, but was part of a defence that did leak plenty of goals.

Not sounding the best potential signing.

Not sounding the best potential signing.
It's a hard one to judge tbh.
On one hand, you've got Sam Cosgrove, banging them in left right and centre for Aberdeen, but has barely had a kick since joining Birmingham City, then on the other hand you've got Cedric Kipre and Tom James who were far better than any of us could've imagined.
I do vaguely remember Edwards playing for Plymouth last time we was in League 1 but not enough to come to an accurate conclusion.
One upside we do have is, the lad is a Scouser, so he's not far from home.

Incredible that we are now condemning signings before we even make them!What happened to giving lads a fair chance?

Incredible that we are now condemning signings before we even make them!What happened to giving lads a fair chance?

Based on his former clubs feedback on paper Edwards isn't the best bit of business.

Dan Burn wasn't a great signing either based on how his spell at Fulham went but he was excellent here.

As I said different players perform differently at different clubs. To admit they arent coming in as an impressive signing isn't the same as condemning them to fail here.

Last edited:
I think "condemning" is a bit strong if I'm being honest.
The SPL is one of those Leagues with such a huge disparity between the top 2 and the rest of the league.
Dundee United finished 9th, which for a first season back in the Top flight after years away from it, on the face of it is pretty good, but the gulf in quality is huge.
That's why signing players from the SPL can be such a huge gamble.

Full quotes from Martin on Fraser below

https://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/spor...-about-potential-sale-of-scott-fraser-3306547

Sounds like MK are going to sell but are just negotiating the best fee now. When you look at their transfer business it has looked a bit like they were preparing for his potential departure. 1 year left on his contract so they probably think they won't get a better chance to sell at his maximum price and 500k probably goes a long way to balance their books.

Nixon previously said we were the only club in and it was still live, fingers crossed he's right.
If its us then 500k is a steal pay it and get it done,before someone else jumps in

I don't think anyone's condemning anyone, but doing your homework does no harm, and in this case it's raised some legit sounding concerns based on performances at previous clubs. If the club actually sign him, I suspect that everyone will get right behind him as we would any player who pulls on a Latics shirt, but given that he's seemingly not held in overly high regard by previous clubs, it's not unreasonable to have some doubts.

Some players are 'late bloomers' and only find their best form in their late 20s, which to be fair is more common in CBs than attacking players, so it's not beyond the realms that he could be great, but that's a very optimistic take on what his previous clubs' fans are saying, and is certainly more of a risk than we've taken with our other signings this summer.

It's a hard one to judge tbh.
On one hand, you've got Sam Cosgrove, banging them in left right and centre for Aberdeen, but has barely had a kick since joining Birmingham City, then on the other hand you've got Cedric Kipre and Tom James who were far better than any of us could've imagined.
I do vaguely remember Edwards playing for Plymouth last time we was in League 1 but not enough to come to an accurate conclusion.
One upside we do have is, the lad is a Scouser, so he's not far from home.
Speaking of Cosgrove, I notice Birmingham are trying to ship him out on loan already, linked with Ipswich prior to them signing Pigott.

And having worked, very briefly, in Dundee you definitely DO NOT want to mistakenly get United and Dundee mixed up. I was lucky (or not) to be in the city for a derby game and one of my colleagues was lucky to escape with nothing more than an ear bashing after mouthing off about how they should just merge the two teams :eek:

Speaking of Cosgrove, I notice Birmingham are trying to ship him out on loan already, linked with Ipswich prior to them signing Pigott.

And having worked, very briefly, in Dundee you definitely DO NOT want to mistakenly get United and Dundee mixed up. I was lucky (or not) to be in the city for a derby game and one of my colleagues was lucky to escape with nothing more than an ear bashing after mouthing off about how they should just merge the two teams :eek:
Oh dear... 😳😬🤦‍♂️😂
To be fair, it is probably one of the most "in house" derbies in the world 😂
Everyone in the world knows what the Old Firm derby can be like, but not many people know about the Dundee derby.

Believe it or not, 3 of Dundee United's 5 major trophies were won across the road at Dens Park (1979/80 and 1980/81 Scottish League Cup and 1982/83 SPL Title).

I don't think anyone's condemning anyone, but doing your homework does no harm, and in this case it's raised some legit sounding concerns based on performances at previous clubs. If the club actually sign him, I suspect that everyone will get right behind him as we would any player who pulls on a Latics shirt, but given that he's seemingly not held in overly high regard by previous clubs, it's not unreasonable to have some doubts.

Some players are 'late bloomers' and only find their best form in their late 20s, which to be fair is more common in CBs than attacking players, so it's not beyond the realms that he could be great, but that's a very optimistic take on what his previous clubs' fans are saying, and is certainly more of a risk than we've taken with our other signings this summer.
Quoted as being very slow,poor with the ball and average at best seems quite condemning to me about a player pon!