Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news | Page 36 | Vital Football

Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news

Someone on twitter (don't know if he's reputable or a chancer) saying we've "won the race" for Flores. Wouldn't mind him back to give more bodies in the middle and the threat of a worldy now and then...

He's a serial fake football rumour publisher, but mixes in his fake rumours with stuff that is credible that he copies from elsewhere to try and make people think he's legit.

Gonna get this out of the way and "come clean": I'm from Argentina and I support River Plate.

While I always watched English football (when I was a teenager no one paid the "football" pack so my generation ended up watching more euro football than our own, lol) I only started following Wigan with that L1 promotion team. Great football coming from a team with quality individuals, beautiful colours and huge underdog stories under its belt. I'm still here, looking for news in a board that took me forever to find, so my "plastic" love is pretty significant, lol.

In any case, back on topic, I'm really surprised to read some people being rather indifferent towards Max coming back. He's not world beater and showed he wasn't championship ready, but he was part of that team that played beautiful football, loves the club and now carries enough experience to be dependable (while still being in his physical prime). You don't find that everywhere.

Despite him playing mostly in the middle before, I can actually see Max starting at RB (...unless someone extremely qualified joins the club) and along with Pearce you'd have what's probably the best crossing fullback duo in the league. Really excited to have him back.

Nothing to 'come clean' about - glad you've taken an interest in our club when you had so many more glamerous ones to choose from.

I wouldn't have thought our club got much attention outside of the UK since falling out of the Prem, how did you find out about us in L1?

I will take a wild guess at - nothing
Be interesting if someone - local hack maybe ? - could ask Mal the question with a supplement around overall contribution level.

Would also be interesting to know out of the 120k how much of that was the DW pitch vs the training ground and how much more we had to invest at the DW to offset last seasons lack of maintenance.

Gonna get this out of the way and "come clean": I'm from Argentina and I support River Plate.

While I always watched English football (when I was a teenager no one paid the "football" pack so my generation ended up watching more euro football than our own, lol) I only started following Wigan with that L1 promotion team. Great football coming from a team with quality individuals, beautiful colours and huge underdog stories under its belt. I'm still here, looking for news in a board that took me forever to find, so my "plastic" love is pretty significant, lol.

In any case, back on topic, I'm really surprised to read some people being rather indifferent towards Max coming back. He's not world beater and showed he wasn't championship ready, but he was part of that team that played beautiful football, loves the club and now carries enough experience to be dependable (while still being in his physical prime). You don't find that everywhere.

Despite him playing mostly in the middle before, I can actually see Max starting at RB (...unless someone extremely qualified joins the club) and along with Pearce you'd have what's probably the best crossing fullback duo in the league. Really excited to have him back.

Your English is very good considering you're Argentinean, you even shorten your words as we do in England "Gonna"
Sorry my friend but i reckon you are pulling our pissers!

Nothing to 'come clean' about - glad you've taken an interest in our club when you had so many more glamerous ones to choose from.

I wouldn't have thought our club got much attention outside of the UK since falling out of the Prem, how did you find out about us in L1?

Of course I had heard of Wigan and knew of the FA Cup upset but I never bothered to really watch the games (watched mostly Arsenal, tbqh ^^' but just as the club grew soulless so did my following).

Then one of the most "fun" and popular shows we have did this report and... That was it, went back, checked every game I could, and just really loved everything about the club.

Your English is very good considering you're Argentinean, you even shorten your words as we do in England "Gonna"

Sorry my friend but i reckon you are pulling our pissers!

Everyone on the internet does tbf, lol. But yeah I'm glad my English is decent as I did take courses to get two certificates. I speak it daily (I actually live in Brazil and I'm kinda married) but not on a professional level so I'm fluent yet my language itself worsens every day a little bit.

Maybe I'm wasting my time replying as you are the little whiny troll every board needs, but there you go '-'

Last edited:
Looks like we spent 6 figures on the pitch for it to be trampled by the rugby, wonder how much they contributed?

Why would they contribute and why would anyone expect them to?
They're lodgers. If you rent a house and it needs wear and tear repairs, you don't pay for them, the landlord does.
Same here.
I'd also guess that technically, Wigan Athletic FC haven't paid for it either, rather Phoenix 2021, or whatever the stadium company is called, have - or at least that's how its always worked in the past

Why would they contribute and why would anyone expect them to?
They're lodgers. If you rent a house and it needs wear and tear repairs, you don't pay for them, the landlord does.
Same here.
I'd also guess that technically, Wigan Athletic FC haven't paid for it either, rather Phoenix 2021, or whatever the stadium company is called, have - or at least that's how its always worked in the past

Quite correct Bongo, yet you speak to the lard arses and they'll tell you the stadium is a shared stadium rugby/football and doesnt belong to WAFC.

Cant have it both ways.

Just shows how much of a free ride they get out of using our stadium if they don’t contribute to pitch upkeep. Anyone know if Pollards rent has been increased from the pitiful amount he previously paid as you can be dann sure we wouldn’t have paid the same pitiful amount if he’d got his grubby hands on the ground. Let us not forget this fucker tried to take our home from us and make any sale of the club even more difficult. Whilst he’s chairman of that club it won’t be forgiven or forgotten.

Having thought about it the couple of hundred grand burning a hole in the SC pocket should be used to make the DW (why can’t we get a stadium sponsor?) feel more like Latics home.

Leam Richardson will have a transfer kitty available as he continues his rebuild of Wigan Athletic.

That’s according to chief executive Mal Brannigan, who has pledged the budget for next season will be ‘competitive’ – with promotion a realistic goal.

Latics have already been linked with a £400,000 move for MK Dons forward Scott Fraser and, while not mentioning him by name, Brannigan says such a price wouldn’t be prohibitive.
“If the right player were to come along, within the parameters we’ve set for me to operate the organisation, we would look at anything and everything,” he told Wigan Today.

Quite correct Bongo, yet you speak to the lard arses and they'll tell you the stadium is a shared stadium rugby/football and doesnt belong to WAFC.

Cant have it both ways.

It may have changed under the new ownership but the stadium has never belonged to Latics. It was/is owned by a stadium company - previously the company that held 80% of the stadium company's shares owned 100% of Latics but the 2 (stadium & Latics) have always been separate & Latics have always paid rent to the stadium company (as I have always understood it anyway).

So when previously they've talked of paying for laying new pitches etc.. it hasn't technically been Latics paying for it but the stadium company. Yes they are/were owned by the same holding company but that doesn't mean Latics are footing the bill

So technically it is neither shared between the rugby & Latics, nor owned by Latics but more a stadium where we're both tennants

Leam Richardson will have a transfer kitty available as he continues his rebuild of Wigan Athletic.

That’s according to chief executive Mal Brannigan, who has pledged the budget for next season will be ‘competitive’ – with promotion a realistic goal.

Latics have already been linked with a £400,000 move for MK Dons forward Scott Fraser and, while not mentioning him by name, Brannigan says such a price wouldn’t be prohibitive.
“If the right player were to come along, within the parameters we’ve set for me to operate the organisation, we would look at anything and everything,” he told Wigan Today.

Unless there were other quotes left out of the article Brannigan doesn't actually say things that the article implies.

The article says 400k transfer fees are not prohibitive, but he only says about working within parameters with no indication of size of them. The article also says about promotion being the aim but there is no quote saying that either - if he did say that it would surely be too good a quote to not include?

It seems like the article is sensationalising Brannigan playing his cards close to his chest for clicks. Unless all the quotes where Brannigan actually said the above things were not included for some reason.

Yeah, classic Wigan post clickbait. Nothing to see here.

Based on our signings so far, I reckon our budget is somewhere within the top 8 in the league. Sheff Wed, Ipswich, Sunderland and Charlton will all have bigger budgets, but after that I imagine it's a free for all.

Someone on twitter (don't know if he's reputable or a chancer) saying we've "won the race" for Flores. Wouldn't mind him back to give more bodies in the middle and the threat of a worldy now and then...
It's bollocks ... as per his brother.