Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news | Page 17 | Vital Football

Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news

Personally I thought Lee Evans was a very good player for us Mr Dick !

I recon the reason he left is that Wigan didn’t come up with the necessary - I think he will be missed !.
Not consistent enough unfortunately, and his set piece deliveries stunk the place out.

One of the highest goals per set piece ratio in the league. Christ if you thought he was bad you are in for a nasty shock next season! :ROFLMAO:
Didn't score from a free kick all season, and half of his corners into the box didn't clear the first defender.
That's not statistics, that's facts... 👍

Good luck to Evans. He's an excellent player at this level (and a decent squad player at Championship level) and will be a good signing for Ipswich.

As for Johnston, I would have liked us to have signed him. I think he'll be a very good player in the future. The Portsmouth fans seem to rate Whatmough highly, so losing out on Johnston may not be as bad as one may think.

Not consistent enough unfortunately, and his set piece deliveries stunk the place out.

He was mostly poor in the Championship when we played at that level but in L1 he was generally good for us. His set piece delivery was the same - we scored a lot of goals from his delivery in both our years in L1 while he was here. We were the highest scorers from set pieces in the league despite the fact we didn't put the ball into the box until February or March.

Lets party one of our sick notes has left the building where fukin tics where fukin tics where fukin tics where fukin tics where fukin tics

He was mostly poor in the Championship when we played at that level but in L1 he was generally good for us. His set piece delivery was the same - we scored a lot of goals from his delivery in both our years in L1 while he was here. We were the highest scorers from set pieces in the league despite the fact we didn't put the ball into the box until February or March.
He was only here until early January in 17/18 then Wolves recalled him and sent him out on loan to Sheffield United, and he spent half of this season on the treatment table... He's a good passer of the ball, but his set piece delivery has been erratic to say the least...

Whatmough to Wigan

thepompeychimes:

Wigan, I ask you...

It makes you wonder how diminished are the terms being offered to our out-of-contract players.

Still, a little club like ours can't expect to outbid mighty Wigan.

We are just grateful to make up the numbers in League One,
our new, permanent home.

The 'Little Wigan' mentality, still irritates a lot of 'BIG' clubs fans

It needs to be remembered that the owners need to pay for about 15 new additions as well as our contracted players. Paying what Lee Evan's would want just isn't realistic this window

Another aspect of that is parity - when new players arrive they will inevitably gauge what they can ask for against what the clubs top earner is on.

Whatever we paid Evans, any decent signing or future player out of contract would be asking for and you make a rod for your own back. It's easy for us to say pay him twice as much as everyone else but in football it doesn't seem like salaries ever stay secret and you'll likely make it more expensive to sign other players.

If you are going to break your pay structure for someone like Nick Powell then you can probably just about get away with telling the rest he's a one off. But Evans isn't good enough to justify that.

Whatmough to Wigan

thepompeychimes:

Wigan, I ask you...

It makes you wonder how diminished are the terms being offered to our out-of-contract players.

Still, a little club like ours can't expect to outbid mighty Wigan.

We are just grateful to make up the numbers in League One,
our new, permanent home.

The 'Little Wigan' mentality, still irritates a lot of 'BIG' clubs fans
Pompey haven't been a BIG club since the 1950s, and their attempt to mix it with the big boys in the prem was nearly the end of them.

He was only here until early January in 17/18 then Wolves recalled him and sent him out on loan to Sheffield United, and he spent half of this season on the treatment table... He's a good passer of the ball, but his set piece delivery has been erratic to say the least...

But in both of those spells in L1 we scored a lot from his set pieces.

He's not a world beater but at this level he put in enough good set piece deliveries to get us vital goals that help get us up and keep us up. We will miss that.

But in both of those spells in L1 we scored a lot from his set pieces.

He's not a world beater but at this level he put in enough good set piece deliveries to get us vital goals that help get us up and keep us up. We will miss that.
Just watched our goals back on YouTube, very few actually come direct from Evans set pieces.

During the L1 play off final last week, a stats caption came up as a corner was about to come in ....showing the Divisions highest scorers from corners last season ....and Wigan (with 14 I think) ....was top of the pile.

Came as a surprise to me but suppose it must be reet ?

During the L1 play off final last week, a stats caption came up as a corner was about to come in ....showing the Divisions highest scorers from corners last season ....and Wigan (with 14 I think) ....was top of the pile.

Came as a surprise to me but suppose it must be reet ?

Saw that myself, checked it and it is reet.

Was Lee Evans soon to be out of contract or did Cook actually pay for him.
When Ipswich sack Cook around Christmas is there a built in deal for Lee to follow Cook to the next club?