Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news | Vital Football

Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news

king_dezeeuw06

Vital Champions League
With the amount of transfer activity that will be happening in the upcoming weeks i thought we might as well get a thread set up.

Possible Tom James return. Link below:

Hibernian news: Charlton, Wigan & Oxford given James green light (footballinsider247.com)

Personally i wouldn't be against it, but if it didn't happen i wouldn't be that bothered either. He was ok - but you could argue everyone was pretty awful back when he was here so maybe he'd be much better in a more settled side.

Former loanee Matty Palmer has been released by Swindon.

I'd put him in the same category as James - ok but didn't really impress either.

List of some of the released players so far from the Championship below:

Every player released in the Championship so far as Nottingham Forest prepare retained list - Nottinghamshire Live (nottinghampost.com)

One that surprised me was Holtby from Blackburn, he's been a semi regular all season and looked very decent on few occasions i saw him.

In L1 Ipswich player of the season James Wilson is available on a free, as is Jordan Graham from Gillingham, Joe Edwards and Conor Grant from Plymouth, Luke Lehay from Bristol.

I've got to be honest, I've never heard of any of those players you mention KDZ.

May have missed it, but do we have a recruitment team as such responsible for identifying targets?
Isn't either Gottman or Markham the stats man ... the one who'll be identifying candidates?

Said all along guess what you will or want ,the guy on our board who does football manager was brought here to do a job knowing all player stats ,he will be talking to our chairman talal
But carry on guessing or hoping who we will sign its fun in a way .

I've got to be honest, I've never heard of any of those players you mention KDZ.

Isn't either Gottman or Markham the stats man ... the one who'll be identifying candidates?

Wilson Ipswich POTY.

Lehay Bristol Rovers POTY and scored 10 from defence.

Graham ripped us apart at DW and scored 2. 12 goals and 6 assists from wing

Edwards 9 goals and 2 assists and Grant 4 goals and 11 assists both from midfield at Plymouth.

Surely we don’t want any crap from Bristol Rovers. Or Ipswich Need. To sign someone help sell season tickets

In L1 no one you can realistically attract is going to be marquee enough to bring in casuals who previously weren't interested. You just have to get in the best players you can regardless of name value.

It wasnt so long ago we went down with Dan Burn and Nick Powell in our side so you can't always judge individuals by a teams performance.

In L1 no one you can realistically attract is going to be marquee enough to bring in casuals who previously weren't interested. You just have to get in the best players you can regardless of name value.

It wasnt so long ago we went down with Dan Burn and Nick Powell in our side so you can't always judge individuals by a teams performance.
That’s not true though is it. Signing Will Grigg would shift a bundle of Season Tickets for casual fans on his own.

That’s not true though is it. Signing Will Grigg would shift a bundle of Season Tickets for casual fans on his own.

I don't think it would - I imagine it would get most of the regulars juices going but someone who hasn't bought a ST for a while or even someone who's never bought one still won't even if Grigg were to join. Our ST sales were never that high when he was here last time

Not really Grigg appeals to Latics fans who would already be going. If you want to sell extra tickets you need big names - even in the Prem we weren't really signing names that brought in extra fans - those extra fans came to see those players play against us.

Thing is we need to sell season tickets to the fans that was here last home game. When we had fans. How many do we think we will sell. 3 half thousand. I think.

I think if our attendance hasn't gone down from our last time in L1 we'll have done well. I fear a lot of smaller clubs will struggle to get back to where they were in average gates.

Only thing that will bring more fans in is success in the pitch, even if we let everyone in free I don't think we'd get in vastly more fans than we do. I think the sad truth is there is not a great deal of interest in non Prem football outside those who already go in Wigan.

I think your correct as well. I used to take my grandkids. But they both have said not interested

Hopefully they will get back into it again eventually, most folks will have had times that they drifted away from something they were previously really into but rediscovered their interest after a while.

Hopefully they will get back into it again eventually, most folks will have had times that they drifted away from something they were previously really into but rediscovered their interest after a while.
It’s up to us old timers to try and get their fires burning again. There is nothing like having the match day experience. I watched pretty much every game this season but try as I might I couldn’t get my two kids to get interested in it (apart from when I cheered everything we scored). The young ones just need a bit of cajoling back into it. As KDZ points out, a winning team will help