Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news | Page 92 | Vital Football

Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news

Jordan Jones signs on a three year deal, top signing, especially on a 3 year deal, which I am really shocked about considering it was mentioned to be a loan signing
Not keen on this one. Hope I'm wrong, but seems like a player with an attitude problem, which is exactly what you don't want in a new dressing room where everyone is still getting to know one another. Hopefully I'll be wrong and he'll be fine, but not going to lie... I'm concerned.

From Sunderland Forum:
some comments about Jordan Jones, signing for us.

It will be a baptism of 'fire' this match.

''Wigan stop whoring our ex players.
Not sure what to make of all this.
Imagine these players become a success and get Wigan promoted''.

''Are Wigan signing all of Powers best mates''?

''We can’t afford his wages unfortunately''.

''If they can drill him to plant cross after cross on to
Charlie's head then they could be a threat''.

From Sunderland Forum:

Hopefully it seems that will be an alternative if we need to or indeed if we start in that fashion. Hopefully there is a plan A and B that works.

Someone on Twitter said we've been linked with Northern Irish International right back Conor McLaughlin who also just left Sunderland and is now free. I can't find the link mentioned anywhere though.

He was a cracking playing in L1 a few years ago for Fleetwood, apparently he was quite decent for Sunderland too but had some injuries last year.

He's just turned 30, he'd probably be a decent shout for right back cover and competition. But if we were previously after Lawrence - a young prospect who'd likely start ahead of Darikwa, it seems a bit odd we'd switch to a older target who would most likely be back up.

From Sunderland Forum:

If it's true that all of their former players we sign are rubbish as some would have us believe why do so many of their fans seem to annoyed by it?

Imagine if Sunderland signed players we didn't think we much good like Wooton, Proctor, Perry and Clough - none of us would be remotely bothered. We'd probably be made up that one of our promotion rivals was buying players we didn't think were L1 standard so they were less competitive.

If it's true that all of their former players we sign are rubbish as some would have us believe why do so many of their fans seem to annoyed by it?

Imagine if Sunderland signed players we didn't think we much good like Wooton, Proctor, Perry and Clough - none of us would be remotely bothered. We'd probably be made up that one of our promotion rivals was buying players we didn't think were L1 standard so they were less competitive.

I suspect the only ones bothered are the ones reacting on social media to our fans baiting / trolling / banter on social media. Each to their own, but I've always played down our chances when talking to opposition fans as it almost always comes back to bite you on the arse otherwise.

Not keen on this one. Hope I'm wrong, but seems like a player with an attitude problem, which is exactly what you don't want in a new dressing room where everyone is still getting to know one another. Hopefully I'll be wrong and he'll be fine, but not going to lie... I'm concerned.

I Keep hearing about his attitude but what has he actually done?

I have seen 2 things:

Getting sent off and injuring himself doing a stupid tackle in the Old Firm match - he wont be the first player who did something stupid in a heated derby match.

Plus breaking lockdown rules to go to a party - yet i bet most of the country broke lockdown rules at some point.

I'm not suggesting either were good decisions by him, they clearly weren't but unless there is loads of horrible stuff i've not seen i'm not sure that is enough to make me think he's that bad. It's certainly not Joey Barton territory.

Is there something else in his past i've missed?

I Keep hearing about his attitude but what has he actually done?

I have seen 2 things:

Getting sent off and injuring himself doing a stupid tackle in the Old Firm match - he wont be the first player who did something stupid in a heated derby match.

Plus breaking lockdown rules to go to a party - yet i bet most of the country broke lockdown rules at some point.

I'm not suggesting either were good decisions by him, they clearly weren't but unless there is loads of horrible stuff i've not seen i'm not sure that is enough to make me think he's that bad. It's certainly not Joey Barton territory.

Is there something else in his past i've missed?
Think it is a bit rich Gerrard dumping him for a challenge in a Derby. Seem to remember him getting sent off after 2 minutes coming on as a sub, for a leg breaker at Liverpool against Everton.

Gerrard knows a bad apple when he sees one. Don’t forget how fast he was to send Windass our way despite his decent record in Scotland. Serious red flags over this one as much as folk try and cover up his misdeeds.

Hopefully, the management team will have done their homework
on all the players they have signed, as some will be on very good wages
and have got good contracts for up to 3 years and the way things are at
present with football Clubs struggling financially, we must be seen as an
attractive Club to sign on for.

Gerrard knows a bad apple when he sees one. Don’t forget how fast he was to send Windass our way despite his decent record in Scotland. Serious red flags over this one as much as folk try and cover up his misdeeds.

Glad to see your giving the lad a chance.......
Wouldn't want you on a jury as it might be a case of guilty until proven innocent 😉.
Think we need to mark this conversation & see whose right in a few months eh CL 😉

I wonder if we're still interested in Kerr, still has not been chased by championship clubs would be a real coup! Wright seems unlikely considering the "senior role".

As for Jones, let's hope in terms of "apparent attitude" he is not Josh Windass, I mean hard to get any worse!

Glad to see your giving the lad a chance.......
Wouldn't want you on a jury as it might be a case of guilty until proven innocent 😉.
Think we need to mark this conversation & see whose right in a few months eh CL 😉

Would you be saying the same if we'd signed Jones from Celtic and he'd done the same things there?