Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news | Page 89 | Vital Football

Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news

Nixon says it's Blackett-Taylor.

His career in the senior game has been unispiring so far, but you can see he's got the raw tools in the pace, power and willingness to run at people - stuff you can't teach. He certainly got everyone excited when he ran with the ball in the friendlies - very Yanic like.

Tranmere said that he was sensational when he was on his game but very inconsistent so hopefully we'll be able to bring the best out of him.

Nixon says it's Blackett-Taylor.

His career in the senior game has been unispiring so far, but you can see he's got the raw tools in the pace, power and willingness to run at people - stuff you can't teach. He certainly got everyone excited when he ran with the ball in the friendlies - very Yanic like.

Tranmere said that he was sensational when he was on his game but very inconsistent so hopefully we'll be able to bring the best out of him.

Seems like a low risk - high reward player.

His wages will likely be low and he'll provide a good burst of pace off the bench in our league matches plus depth for cup matches.

He's young enough that there is surely some unrealized potential to untap.

Looking at players from the same clubs. What’s the thing with Sunderland.

Sunderland had a pretty good season then happened to let half of their team leave, so we said 'thank you very much' and went and picked 3 of them up. If they let Wright go we'll probably take him too.

Their loss will hopefully be our gain.

Lots of Scottish press reporting that Jones will be coming in on loan.

Probably to supply the ammunition for Wyke, having played alongside him last season.

He's a right footer who plays on the left so lots of cutting inside to shoot like Jacobs did. So when you think Keane and Lang almost certainly have the centre and right of the attacking mid trio Jones fits nicely into the left spot.

I don't think Humphrys will be there long term and Edwards was our only other option there so it's good to have such a strong alternative.

Alan Nixon confirmed that we are in for Jones.

Also just seen that Jones is following the club on Twitter.

So seems like Will Unwins info was correct.

So if Blackett-Taylor and Jones are coming in that's 2 of Richardsons '6 or 7'. I think it's safe to bet another central mid, right back and 2 centre backs will be 4 of the targets. Which leaves us 1 more position on his shopping list.

I would guess the final spot would be a back up striker- maybe an out and out target man. But the other day Richardson did say he wanted players in the full back positions. The way he worded it did make it sound like he was talking about both a left and right back - but with Pearce and Robinson surely we don't need a left back.

So if Blackett-Taylor and Jones are coming in that's 2 of Richardsons '6 or 7'. I think it's safe to bet another central mid, right back and 2 centre backs will be 4 of the targets. Which leaves us 1 more position on his shopping list.

I would guess the final spot would be a back up striker- maybe an out and out target man. But the other day Richardson did say he wanted players in the full back positions. The way he worded it did make it sound like he was talking about both a left and right back - but with Pearce and Robinson surely we don't need a left back.
If Jones does happen, perhaps Blackett-Taylor doesn't?
Don't forget there is Massey in the mix as well.

We don't really need another striker tbh, we have Lang, Keane, Wyke, and Humphreys who can all play in that position if required. McGrath should be our only midfield signing after Jones and Taylor.

Has to be all defensive recruitment from there.

At a minimum you are looking for a centre back (Naylor can fill in were necessary), a right back and a centre mid after the presumptive signings of Jones and Blackett-Taylor. In an ideal world you'll get two centre backs in.

All in all I think we've got a good squad in the making. Not a title winning squad yet, but certainly good enough to cause the top teams in the league plenty of problems.

What I'm impressed with is that we now look like we have lots of different options up top. Pace, guile, aerial presence and the ability to do the unexpected. Our major weakness last season was that we had no plan B, simply because we didn't really have the players.

At a minimum you are looking for a centre back (Naylor can fill in were necessary), a right back and a centre mid after the presumptive signings of Jones and Blackett-Taylor. In an ideal world you'll get two centre backs in.

All in all I think we've got a good squad in the making. Not a title winning squad yet, but certainly good enough to cause the top teams in the league plenty of problems.

What I'm impressed with is that we now look like we have lots of different options up top. Pace, guile, aerial presence and the ability to do the unexpected. Our major weakness last season was that we had no plan B, simply because we didn't really have the players.

( Not a title winning squad yet)

As a matter of interest, who would we need that we don't have to make us a title winning squad, given we are expecting more in.

Maybe we plan to cash in on Pearce?