Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news | Page 6 | Vital Football

Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news

As said before I speculated that perhaps our back up keeper was already at the club, nothing more nothing less and but you seem not to recognise that fact and that is why I postedxwhat I did, I do believe you are myopic on anything that I post.

You're always so hyper defensive, dont take everything so personal. He didn't have a go at you just disagreed with you.

Me and TB have disagreed on numerous things over the years but I don't think either of us would see it as anything personal - just a different view. Stop looking for malice that isn't there - we can disagree civilly.

You're always so hyper defensive, dont take everything so personal. He didn't have a go at you just disagreed with you.

Me and TB have disagreed on numerous things over the years but I don't think either of us would see it as anything personal - just a different view. Stop looking for malice that isn't there - we can disagree civilly.

I will ask you similar, why every time someone has a pop at me do you press the like button and when was the last time you pressed a like button on anything I posted, is that hyper defensive ?

I will ask you similar, why every time someone has a pop at me do you press the like button and when was the last time you pressed a like button on anything I posted, is that hyper defensive ?

I generally think they are pointing out an accurate critique of your behaviour so i press like and I generally disagree with the way you carry on so I'm not going to like that.

This is a good example to be honest TB has been perfectly civil and not had a go and you are getting all defensive. So I liked TBs post but not yours as I think it's not reflective of what happened.

If everyone is saying stuff about you being unreasonable maybe it's time to ask yourself have they got a point rather than believing everyone else is against you for no reason.

I generally think they are pointing out an accurate critique of your behaviour so i press like and I generally disagree with the way you carry on so I'm not going to like that.

This is a good example to be honest TB has been perfectly civil and not had a go and you are getting all defensive. So I liked TBs post but not yours as I think it's not reflective of what happened.

If everyone is saying stuff about you being unreasonable maybe it's time to ask yourself have they got a point rather than believing everyone else is against you for no reason.
Who is everyone ?

Anyone have any idea about when we might hear of players linked to us or any news on the contract negotiations,if they are going on! Quite a lot of info around regarding the plans at other clubs

Do you really look to see who has liked posts that pertain to you in some way?

No I just happen to notice a pattern when reading any debate I am taking part in, I don't give a fig to be honest but when that person comes into a debate to offer an opinion nothing whatsoever to do with the discussion I tend to respond.

Some are advocating much more
Get shut of

Clough
Owen Evans
Dan Gardner
Jamie Jones
Gavin Massey
Jamie Proctor
Corey Whelan
Scott Wootton
Alex Perry
Joe Dodoo
Darikwa

keep
Chris Merrie
Lee Evans
Johnston
Kyle Joseph
Will Keane

is an example, this would be suicide. we may not be able to keep all that I suggested but we should aim to do so
It wouldn't be suicide though would it, so stop being so dramatic. I bet you threw a hissyfit when we last completely revamped our squad in L1 but went all quiet when we won the league.

Time for people to open their eyes and realise that we are no longer the club we were last season. A pale sad shadow of Wigan Athletic, savaged without a pot to piss in, the home of free agent waifs and strays not wanted by clubs in L2 let alone L1. They did the best they possibly could in line with their limited abilities and gave their all, for that they should be thanked and are appreciated. However, the days of getting spanked by the likes of Rochdale are gone. Next season, normal service will resume and only players of a certain high standard deserve to play for Wigan Athletic the 2013 FA Cup winners inside a Premier League stadium as we look to get back to where we were before this shitstorm.

Many people have clearly been blinked by that little run last season where we beat a few teams on the beach who couldn't have given less of a toss when playing us. Fact is that we finished in our worst position since the mid 90s with our worst team since the mid 90s. With the likes of Accrington Stanley finishing 19 (yes nineteen) points higher I never want to see us in that position again. Time for a fresh start.

It wouldn't be suicide though would it, so stop being so dramatic. I bet you threw a hissyfit when we last completely revamped our squad in L1 but went all quiet when we won the league.

Time for people to open their eyes and realise that we are no longer the club we were last season. A pale sad shadow of Wigan Athletic, savaged without a pot to piss in, the home of free agent waifs and strays not wanted by clubs in L2 let alone L1. They did the best they possibly could in line with their limited abilities and gave their all, for that they should be thanked and are appreciated. However, the days of getting spanked by the likes of Rochdale are gone. Next season, normal service will resume and only players of a certain high standard deserve to play for Wigan Athletic the 2013 FA Cup winners inside a Premier League stadium as we look to get back to where we were before this shitstorm.

Many people have clearly been blinked by that little run last season where we beat a few teams on the beach who couldn't have given less of a toss when playing us. Fact is that we finished in our worst position since the mid 90s with our worst team since the mid 90s. With the likes of Accrington Stanley finishing 19 (yes nineteen) points higher I never want to see us in that position again. Time for a fresh start.

Finally someone with sense who understands what we need.

I think there is a lot of validity to a few of the points you make about change, but Kenny has a point too that sometimes too much change too quickly can cause issues. Richardson has done interviews where he has talked about both aspects so I'm sure he's planning on trying to strike the right balance.

I think we'll probably land somewhere between the 2 positions I dont think we'll make as many changes as you would suggest but we'll make a few more than Kenny suggests. Which will see us bring in something like 8 to 10 new faces and keep around the same number of players out of contract / returning to their parent club to add to the 5 or so we already have. I think that should hopefully be a reasonable balance of improvement and continuity.

Anyone have any idea about when we might hear of players linked to us or any news on the contract negotiations,if they are going on! Quite a lot of info around regarding the plans at other clubs

I suspect they are currently in ongoing negotiations with numerous players, they have possibly already agreed deals with some and let the departing players know they won't be offered a new deal and to start looking for new clubs. But they don't want to make an announcement until they have worked out who is likely to be accepting and rejecting the terms on offer.

The last thing they want to do is announce the intention of keeping certain players and setting fans expectations only to have to announce we failed to agree a deal with all of them and make themselves look bad. So I think it's just covering their bases and trying to get as many deals signed as possible prior to making any announcement.

I think the timing of the announcement will be dictated by how the negotiations are going. It's probably taking a lot longer than other clubs due to the nature of the takeover and the relegation fight meaning the new owners couldn't start negotiations until recently when we knew what division we'd be in and there are so many out of contract.

No I didn't have a "hissy fit", I went along with it because it seemed the right thing.
But the players we got rid of then were players who didn't seem to want to play for Wigan Athletic and I understood the implications when we took time to gel unlike a lot of people shouting for the Manager's head and saying the players were not good enough.
We should learn from that experience and not rip the squad up, improve it yes, but we need to keep more of the squad together if we can so that we don't have a bad start to the season.
If we do get rid of all but 5 or 6 players then I hope I am wrong and we don't struggle but whatever happens I will not be "throwing a hissy fit" and calling for Richardson to be sacked, as I suspect a lot of people will be doing