Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news | Page 40 | Vital Football

Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news

Nothing new there he was talking to other mon who went leeds cant remember his name
But i pointed this out months back he be off to leeds no big loss

According to the retained list Sam Tickle was listed in the same category at Smith and he was included in the 5. So it is looking like he isn't signing.
This is the text from the retained this

UNDER 23

The following U23 players have been offered extended terms to their professional contracts:

Scott Smith
Sam Tickle

As 2 others were not offered extensions, looks like Smith and Tickle do need to sign a new deal

This is the text from the retained this

UNDER 23

The following U23 players have been offered extended terms to their professional contracts:

Scott Smith
Sam Tickle

As 2 others were not offered extensions, looks like Smith and Tickle do need to sign a new deal

Not neccesarily. The 2 other's deals had expired. Smith & Tickle have been offered "extended terms" which could indicate their current deals are still in effect but they've been offered the chance to increase the length of those current contracts.
If you look at the press release the use of "extended terms" is different to the senior players where it says they've been offered "renewed terms" which indicates the deals have expired & need to be renewed

Michael Jacobs apparently been given permission to talk to Ipswich.

It seems Pompey are willing to let him go on a free.

I'd not be opposed to looking at bringing him back. Power, Grigg, Yanic and Jacobs all been linked - getting the band back together!

Michael Jacobs apparently been given permission to talk to Ipswich.

It seems Pompey are willing to let him go on a free.

I'd not be opposed to looking at bringing him back. Power, Grigg, Yanic and Jacobs all been linked - getting the band back together!

Look forward not back in my opinion - if the deal's right for the club I wouldn't be opposed to bringing Grigg back but Jacobs (IMO) always blew very hot & cold & is way too injury prone to justify pushing the boat out for him and Wilschutt used to produce one decent game every 6 or 7 games bar a very brief hot streak under Joyce that led to us being able to sell him for a vastly inflated price