Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news | Page 38 | Vital Football

Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news

Saw something on FB earlier indicating that he wasn't happy how Bristol had handled his injury, it also said he would be allowed to leave. Seeing as he left for peanuts, I wouldn't imagine they would want much, if anything for him. If he isn't happy and they can offload him it might be mutally beneficial. Providing he has recovered ( or is capable of doing) I would have him back without hesitation to be honest.

Bristol paid over 1m for him i think and have a new manager so I imagine they'd want to try and see what he is like once he is fit in preseason before they make any calls on his future.

If he doesn't impress in preseason the chance to get him on loan probably becomes a real possibility but wages could be a problem and I bet if he is available Cook / Ipswich would probably go for him. Maybe even a lower Champ club too.

I think its fair to say that Alan Nixon has well and truly lost most, if not all contacts regarding Wigan deals. He we will need to find a new lead.

It seems like he still has his leads as he broke Naylor and mentioned Power shortly before it happened but he was beaten by others for Whatmough, Edwards and Cousins which is uncharacteristic of recent years. The other thing was most of those deals only seemed to hit the press directly before they were confirmed so it seems the new regime is doing a better job of keeping our transfer business under wraps than past ones.

It seems like he still has his leads as he broke Naylor and mentioned Power shortly before it happened but he was beaten by others for Whatmough, Edwards and Cousins which is uncharacteristic of recent years. The other thing was most of those deals only seemed to hit the press directly before they were confirmed so it seems the new regime is doing a better job of keeping our transfer business under wraps than past ones.

I'd say Nixons leads have dried up. There's been nothing from him on twitter for over a week and he only mentioned Max Power just before it was official.
There's been no mention from him of the players yet to sign.

Hopefully as you say the new regime are keeping things close to their chest and signings will only be revealed when it's official.

A few rumours Wildschut could be coming back. He’s out of contract and available for nowt.

Wildschut wouldn't excite me either, nothing against the lad, but its been 4 years and he's spent a while playing in a league that probably (in the main) isn;t up to L1 standard. Course if he comes, he gets my full support and would be delighted to be shown up for knowing nowt, but not for me. As for Joe Williams, surely they can't be thinking of letting him go, get him fit, give him a chance and he'll be a good player for them

A few rumours Wildschut could be coming back. He’s out of contract and available for nowt.

In the same way Power started liking tweets about him coming back to Wigan - Yanic is doing the same. So it sounds like he wants to come back - if there is any interest at our end remains to be seen.

I would love him back - one of the most exciting players we've ever had. But Richardson never saw Yanic with us and he's probably not caught his attention unless he's been keeping an eye on the Israeli league. So I'm not expecting this one to happen.

For anyone curious transfrmrkt.com says Yanic got 7 goals and 6 assists in 63 appearances plus won the league in his 2 years in Israel.

Last edited:
In the same way Power started liking tweets about him coming back to Wigan - Yanic is doing the same. So it sounds like he wants to come back - if there is any interest at our end remains to be seen.

I would love him back - one of the most exciting players we've ever had. But Richardson never saw Yanic with us and he's probably not caught his attention unless he's been keeping an eye on the Israeli league. So I'm not expecting this one to happen.

For anyone curious transfrmrkt.com says Yanic got 7 goals and 6 assists in 63 appearances plus won the league in his 2 years in Israel.
Work permit would be an issue unless he managed to get dual nationality while he was here...

BBC apparently tweeted out a reference to an interview with Man City youngster Cole Palmer on joining Wigan. But immediately deleted it and changed it to an interview with Max Power on joining Wigan.

It's probably just someone getting stories muddled up as there was a interview on Palmer signing a new contract at City but maybe someone accidentally let on something about to happen that they weren't supposed to.

I wouldn't have mentioned it if it wasn't for the source that broke Cousins had been in on Twitter saying there was a Man City youngster on the cards. Take it with a pinch of salt but i guess there is a chance this could be a potential incoming loan not yet announced.

I would be very happy with that if it was true from what i've heard he's a very promising and prolific attacking mid.
Must be an embargo on the story. Big clubs often give a new contract to kids before sending them out on loan

VSO this is his agent tossing rumours around to up the wage for his client (and his own fee)

Last edited:
Work permit would be an issue unless he managed to get dual nationality while he was here...

He got married and had children in the UK and was here long enough to potentially get dual nationality. Even if he never applied for UK citizenship when he was here if his wife is English and his kids citizens he probably would be entitled to get it now. But for all we know Richardson may not even want him.

Yeah it was the case with Walton at Brighton and Bright from Wolves - tie them down before they go out and potentially impress.

Cole Palmer was a figure of intrigue to boost Blackburn Rovers attacking options, but the talented Manchester City teenager - who signed a new five-year deal earlier in the week - is expected to be a part of Pep Guardiola's squad next season.

Must be an embargo on the story. Big clubs often give a new contract to kids before sending them out on loan

VSO this is his agent tossing rumours around to up the wage for his client (and his own fee)

I don't think you'd get a D notice for football transfers, but often journalists get info off the record and maybe it was a Freudian slip.

But more likely it will be someone getting stories muddled up and there's nothing in it.

Guess we'll soon see.

Cole Palmer was a figure of intrigue to boost Blackburn Rovers attacking options, but the talented Manchester City teenager - who signed a new five-year deal earlier in the week - is expected to be a part of Pep Guardiola's squad next season.

It was probably just an innocent mistake at the BBCs end. I was thinking if we got him it would've been a real coup as I'm sure a lad with his hype would be a target for Champ clubs.

Nixon saying us and Ipswich after Dundee Uniteds 29 year old, Swiss goalkeeper Benjamin Siegrist - asking price 350k. Ipswich have more funds for this apparently. I don't know anything about him to say if it would be a good fee or not.

Nixon has said Ipswich have been looking at him for a while now. Apparently Ipswich had an earlier offer that wasn't accepted and this would be their second meeting the players valuation. The player is said to also be hedging his bets on Celtic and Rangers coming in for him.

If it's true us and Ipswich are in they will probably top us on wages but it's a player from Brannigan old club so maybe he has an existing relationship that could help.

Ipswich also interested in McGuillvery who is free after leaving Pompey. If Cook gets Siegrist hopefully that would give us a chance to get McGuillvery.

Last edited:
Someone on Twitter pointed out Walton's contract apparently extended at Brighton according to Premier League website. So that rumour seems to be put to bed.

Stephen Humphrys who previously started following the club on social media and was apparently at the training ground according to the same source that correctly said Cousins was - has put up a picture on his instagram of him playing against us saying 'keep your eyes on the prize'.

Probably just a coincidence rather than him dropping a hint but with the other bits thought it was worth a mention. Credit to the Eagle eyes on Twitter who pick these things up.

Nixon saying us and Ipswich after Dundee Uniteds 29 year old, Swiss goalkeeper Benjamin Siegrist - asking price 350k. Ipswich have more funds for this apparently. I don't know anything about him to say if it would be a good fee or not.

Nixon has said Ipswich have been looking at him for a while now. Apparently Ipswich had an earlier offer that wasn't accepted and this would be their second meeting the players valuation. The player is said to also be hedging his bets on Celtic and Rangers coming in for him.

If it's true us and Ipswich are in they will probably top us on wages but it's a player from Brannigan old club so maybe he has an existing relationship that could help.

Ipswich also interested in McGuillvery who is free after leaving Pompey. If Cook gets Siegrist hopefully that would give us a chance to get McGuillvery.
The one good thing this indicates is that we are looking for a new first choice keeper 🤞

I don't think you'd get a D notice for football transfers, but often journalists get info off the record and maybe it was a Freudian slip.

But more likely it will be someone getting stories muddled up and there's nothing in it.

Guess we'll soon see.
Not really a secret service level of disclosure 😃