Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news | Page 37 | Vital Football

Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news

The difference is that any transfer of monies between latics and the stadium owners (historically and currently the same owners) is a wooden dollars/ tax efficient exercise.
I don't believe for 1 second that Mal on behalf of our current owners is generous enough (as DW) or dumb enough (as IEC) to let Pollard and his crew continue to mug off the stadium company for rental income whilst actively encouraging their shrinking fan base to spend matchday money outside the ground.
Would love to see the "as was" and "to be" details.
An increase to fair market rent would be as uplifting as a player signing

Yeah, classic Wigan post clickbait. Nothing to see here.

Based on our signings so far, I reckon our budget is somewhere within the top 8 in the league. Sheff Wed, Ipswich, Sunderland and Charlton will all have bigger budgets, but after that I imagine it's a free for all.

Ipswich certainly have the biggest budget by the sounds of it based on them outbidding us on Evans wages and apparently offering 10k to Sonny Bradley.

For the rest; Sunderland are downsizing the budget by the looks of it, Sheff Wed aren't paying their wages and Chalrton's new owner has been ambitious but not crazy with his spending so it is difficult to know how our budgets will stack up to them just yet. A lot might depend on if there are any player sales.

Looks like we spent 6 figures on the pitch for it to be trampled by the rugby, wonder how much they contributed?
Absolutely nowt. Bloody parasites. By way of cheap rent we subsidise them and their success just the same way as the banks did in the eighties and nineties. The reason they sold out to Tesco. They should be standing on their own feet not sponging off a third tier football club. We can not forget what Pollard tried to do. Just another Lyndsay or worse even. Get shut or double their rent.

Pompey local press saying them, Sunderland, Charlton, Blackburn and Blackpool all want Viv.

I like him and hope he signs a new deal, but i am not convinced he's played well enough last season to attract that much attention, especially from the league above.

Think there might be a bit of agent talk in that trying to strengthen his negotiating position.

Pompey local press saying them, Sunderland, Charlton, Blackburn and Blackpool all want Viv.

I like him and hope he signs a new deal, but i am not convinced he's played well enough last season to attract that much attention, especially from the league above.

Think there might be a bit of agent talk in that trying to strengthen his negotiating position.

I get the feeling Viv is like Dodoo. They'll let their agents get them the best payday wherever that may be.

I get the feeling Viv is like Dodoo. They'll let their agents get them the best payday wherever that may be.
Not really bothered about them. Like you say probably after who can pay best wages
Forget about them and move on
If they wanted to sign for us I'm sure they would have done by now

BBC apparently tweeted out a reference to an interview with Man City youngster Cole Palmer on joining Wigan. But immediately deleted it and changed it to an interview with Max Power on joining Wigan.

It's probably just someone getting stories muddled up as there was a interview on Palmer signing a new contract at City but maybe someone accidentally let on something about to happen that they weren't supposed to.

I wouldn't have mentioned it if it wasn't for the source that broke Cousins had been in on Twitter saying there was a Man City youngster on the cards. Take it with a pinch of salt but i guess there is a chance this could be a potential incoming loan not yet announced.

I would be very happy with that if it was true from what i've heard he's a very promising and prolific attacking mid.

BBC apparently tweeted out a reference to an interview with Man City youngster Cole Palmer on joining Wigan. But immediately deleted it and changed it to an interview with Max Power on joining Wigan.

It's probably just someone getting stories muddled up as there was a interview on Palmer signing a new contract at City but maybe someone accidentally let on something about to happen that they weren't supposed to.

I wouldn't have mentioned it if it wasn't for the source that broke Cousins had been in on Twitter saying there was a Man City youngster on the cards. Take it with a pinch of salt but i guess there is a chance this could be a potential incoming loan not yet announced.

I would be very happy with that if it was true from what i've heard he's a very promising and prolific attacking mid.

Perhaps Palmer has signed a contract before he goes out on loan to us. Just Citeh protecting their asset.

Said before that anyone offered a contract who haven’t signed yet should have it withdrawn. They are clearly not invested in the new project and are happy to let their agents whore them around for cash. Not the kind of characters I want at the club. I want leaders and people who care and buy into the club. Whilst I’m not his biggest fan from a playing perspective, Max Power falls into this category.

It may have changed under the new ownership but the stadium has never belonged to Latics. It was/is owned by a stadium company - previously the company that held 80% of the stadium company's shares owned 100% of Latics but the 2 (stadium & Latics) have always been separate & Latics have always paid rent to the stadium company (as I have always understood it anyway).

So when previously they've talked of paying for laying new pitches etc.. it hasn't technically been Latics paying for it but the stadium company. Yes they are/were owned by the same holding company but that doesn't mean Latics are footing the bill

So technically it is neither shared between the rugby & Latics, nor owned by Latics but more a stadium where we're both tennants
Wigan Athletic football club keep advertising for ground staff. If Wigan Athletic are tenants just like the Eggs why on Earth would Wigan Athletic be recruiting for personnel to do work for their landlords? They just wouldn't would they!

Said before that anyone offered a contract who haven’t signed yet should have it withdrawn. They are clearly not invested in the new project and are happy to let their agents whore them around for cash. Not the kind of characters I want at the club. I want leaders and people who care and buy into the club. Whilst I’m not his biggest fan from a playing perspective, Max Power falls into this category.

No one is coming to Wigan because they are invested in the new project - they will come here because we offer them the best deal / most money - not just this season but every window and it's the same at every club.

DeZeeuw, Zog, Heskey, Moses, Liddell, Grigg, Boyce, etc - all of our club legends came because we put the best deal on the table at the time. I'm not bothered about them coming for money - as long as when they are here they give their all.

I think its fair to say that Alan Nixon has well and truly lost most, if not all contacts regarding Wigan deals. He we will need to find a new lead.

Has he recovered from injury yet? Got injured 1st day at Bristol and missed the whole season with recurring thigh problems.
Saw something on FB earlier indicating that he wasn't happy how Bristol had handled his injury, it also said he would be allowed to leave. Seeing as he left for peanuts, I wouldn't imagine they would want much, if anything for him. If he isn't happy and they can offload him it might be mutally beneficial. Providing he has recovered ( or is capable of doing) I would have him back without hesitation to be honest.