Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news | Page 3 | Vital Football

Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news

AbramLatic1

Vital Youth Team
Well to me personally and a fair few lads who I go with are raring to get back into the DW & watching live matches....not to mention the get together for drinks pre match & the moaning of it after the match.....
Agree with that, just wonder if there might be a few more people that we might think, who don't share that feeling for all sorts of reasons. It's just a complete unknown...but despite that, hopefully there's plenty of us who can't wait to just get back to the match and have that match day feeling and all that routine that's special to each one of us

Last edited:

king_dezeeuw06

Vital Football Hero
Given what the club has been through and the fact it was almost liquidated I’d have thought all Latics fans will be raring to get back, regardless of the division we’re now in and the re build job ahead.
The hardcore who go all the time will - but the more casuals probably not so much.

If those type of fans were a bit indifferent when we were in higher division, with quite a decent set of players - then living without it for a season and a half, all the players they knew leaving and playing in a level below will probably be a hard sell. Especially if some folks disposable income isn't where it was pre lockdown. I don't think nearly losing the club will motivate many to come more often or start attending as the fans who really cared and are counting their blessings we survived will be the ones already attending.

If we can get the average attendance we had in our last L1 season i think we'll have done well. I think most clubs will be in the same boat.

NYC_LATICS

Vital Youth Team
Of the players from this past squad who Paul Kendrick listed in his League One Free Agent article a few weeks ago, here are my thoughts.

Would take them back tomorrow
Darikwa
Dodoo
Lee Evans
Johnston
Kyle Joseph
Will Keane
VSO

Would welcome them back, but wouldn't be sad to see them go
Clough
Owen Evans
Dan Gardner
Jamie Jones
Gavin Massey
Chris Merrie
Alex Perry

No interest in having them return
Jamie Proctor
Corey Whelan
Scott Wootton

Coddenchips

Vital Reserves Team
Gavin Massey has an option in his contract for another 12 months.
I'm not sure either party will be overly keen on taking up the option. Us because of his wages (although I don't believe some of the figures bandied about) and Massey because he took so much abuse from the fans last season he ended up deleting his social media accounts.

king_dezeeuw06

Vital Football Hero
I'm not sure either party will be overly keen on taking up the option. Us because of his wages (although I don't believe some of the figures bandied about) and Massey because he took so much abuse from the fans last season he ended up deleting his social media accounts.
The terms on Masseys contract will probably be much better than he'd get anywhere else at this point, so he's probably hoping he can get an extension.

Considering he's had about 3 good games over the past 2 years i can't see us giving it to him though.

There is a really good player in Massey but we've just rarely seen it unfortunately.

Bickymon1

Vital Squad Member
The terms on Masseys contract will probably be much better than he'd get anywhere else at this point, so he's probably hoping he can get an extension.

Considering he's had about 3 good games over the past 2 years i can't see us giving it to him though.

There is a really good player in Massey but we've just rarely seen it unfortunately.
Plus he does keep our physio staff in a job.

hindleymonwafc

Vital Football Hero
You bloody hypocrite John, was that the same operating table that your mate Jones spent his time hiding under when anyone put a cross into his box.
Whatever your view is on Jamie he was out there every minute fighting the cause. I can't believe when we have laid off scores of staff anybody would want to spunk more money on this waste of space. We need fighters not bottlers.

Nottingham

Vital Squad Member
With the amount of transfer activity that will be happening in the upcoming weeks i thought we might as well get a thread set up.

Possible Tom James return. Link below:

Hibernian news: Charlton, Wigan & Oxford given James green light (footballinsider247.com)

Personally i wouldn't be against it, but if it didn't happen i wouldn't be that bothered either. He was ok - but you could argue everyone was pretty awful back when he was here so maybe he'd be much better in a more settled side.
He couldn't get in the Salford side....very unconvincing when here. It's a no for me, along with Wootton...not good enough

loudmouthblue

Vital 1st Team Regular
Whatever your view is on Jamie he was out there every minute fighting the cause. I can't believe when we have laid off scores of staff anybody would want to spunk more money on this waste of space. We need fighters not bottlers.
I agree we need fighters and now understand your like of Jones, it must have been those mental boxing gloves he thought he was wearing while playing, there must be some reason he can't catch a cross.