Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news | Page 141 | Vital Football

Summer transfers rumours, speculation, news

https://the72.co.uk/250356/3-standout-players-for-wigan-athletic-so-far-this-season/

3 standout players for Wigan Athletic so far this season.

Will Keane, Jack Whatmough and Kell Watts.

I think that's a fair top 3. You could maybe even add Darikwa in ahead of Watts, but for me everyone else hasn't really hit anything like their best yet.

If we've got to second by not play that well with a bit of a disjointed team, imagine what it could do if we can get everyone firing on all cylinders.

I think that's a fair top 3. You could maybe even add Darikwa in ahead of Watts, but for me everyone else hasn't really hit anything like their best yet.

If we've got to second by not play that well with a bit of a disjointed team, imagine what it could do if we can get everyone firing on all cylinders.
To be honest max looks better than last time he played for us . fitter and faster 👍

https://the72.co.uk/250530/rotherha...ing-curtis-tilt-to-wigan-athletic-in-january/

I think Warne is being a tad ambitious here... Curtis is in the last year of his deal at Rotherham, and as I understand it is on a season long loan with us. He'll be a free agent next summer, so if we decide to keep him, we can (obviously subject to him agreeing terms).

Not sure why Warne thinks we would pay a fee in January, given he'll be free six months later and he's with us until summer on loan anyway...

Just a back up short on numbers more that likely very cheap short term signing

Don't think we have signed him John.

Just training with us with a view to a possible contract if he works out.

Given that there have been a number of players who have trained with us this year and not been signed I think this is just some paper talk.

It would have been nice if they had a picture of Wyke and Whatmough in the right kit !!!

I thought the same. I think it's a bit ignorant. I wonder if the author is another of the haters who think we're buying the league so won't give Latics the proper credit by having our players in the correct kit?

If we need a goalkeeper, I'm pretty sure Kieren Westwood is a free agent. Surely he'd be a far better option than Howard (albeit probably a little more expensive).

If we need a goalkeeper, I'm pretty sure Kieren Westwood is a free agent. Surely he'd be a far better option than Howard (albeit probably a little more expensive).
Would a player of his quality consider a move to the Tics given he would be behind Amos and maybe Jones once he recovers from his injury?

Is this a sign that with the injury to Jones they don't have a lot of faith in Sam Tickle to back up Amos?

Howard has played a lot of games and won promotion as a no1 at this level in the past so as deep back up he's probably a safer bet than an untried young lad going in straight at the deep end if anything happened to Amos.

Without trying to be negative about Tickle he's not played a minute of men's professional football and i'm not even certain if he's even played a senior preseason friendly either. So asking him to potentially come off the bench into a high pressure L1 promotion game could be way too much of an ask.

It's not to say Tickle couldn't come good down the line but if he comes in before he is ready and struggles badly it could be detrimental for his development.

I thought about Westwood too, but he's either got an injury keeping him out or he's being picky as he'd almost certainly have plenty of clubs willing to take him.

I imagine Howard probably lives around the area and maybe has some connections to the staff so he's a easy fit. As if a player was based in a different bit of the country getting them to live out of a hotel to come in a train with a view to a cheap, short term deal as 3rd choice keeper probably is a hard sell.

It would have been nice if they had a picture of Wyke and Whatmough in the right kit !!!

At least it's not just us - Bennet has a Spurs kit on.

It might be due to them not being able to just go on Google and take and use pics from other sources legally and all the images they own are out of date.