Summer Transfer Window | Page 2 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Window

I think he is based in the north west, the contract is sorted bar the relocation package. DC wants him to relocate, not a bad thing. Eards will sign, who wouldn't want to play for City at the moment?....

Unless he has offers from Championship teams, I’d be very surprised if he didn’t stay. What a wonderful signing he has been... one of the best for a long while considering he was a trialist who’d already been shipped out of another League 2 club.

It went slightly under the radar but I’m sure I wasn’t the only one rather surprised that he wasn’t in the PFA team. I’d have bet my bottom dollar there wasn’t a better right back in the division than him, and after seeing the Coventry lad who got in ahead of him the other night, I think my dollar would be safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cov fans clearly don't rate their keeper as highly as the PFA do either....

Eardley now knows he's capable of lasting a season; that he's too good for L2; but that the Cowleys are best able to manage his fitness. I'll respect whicheve decision he makes. *cough* Angol *cough*

You have to wonder what went on at Port Vale for them to pass up the opportunity to sign Eardley. An incredible opportunity missed for them.

Port Vale have Gibbons. He’s young and come through their academy and is one of their best players. He handled Rowe, Anderson and Green when we played them a couple of weeks ago.
They also have a d**k of an owner who won’t put any money in so they may not have been able to afford Eards

They also opted for Laurie Wilson, who, ironically enough, was due to sign here but went to Vale.

R.e. the summer, agree about Eardley. If they're talking about relocation packages, then that's not going to be a one-year deal. He'd be good in L1, never mind L2.

As said, Blackburn going up might make it easier to sign Wharton on loan again if we want. He's improved immensely (another one to have done so) since he arrived.

Oh, and pretty sure I read yesterday that Jack Hobbs is being released from Forest at the end of his contract.

They also opted for Laurie Wilson, who, ironically enough, was due to sign here but went to Vale.

R.e. the summer, agree about Eardley. If they're talking about relocation packages, then that's not going to be a one-year deal. He'd be good in L1, never mind L2.

As said, Blackburn going up might make it easier to sign Wharton on loan again if we want. He's improved immensely (another one to have done so) since he arrived.

We appear to have a good relationship with Blackburn, using their training ground when up that way. Would like to keep Wharton, but we'll see.

It depends upon what Hobbs injuries have been. If with careful management he could play - similar to Freck - then Cowley's might have a punt. Still our record sale to Liverpool isn't he?

If Eardley doesn't stay who would people like to see in at RB? Do we need a LB as cover for Habergham too?

my guess is Eardley will stay if we go up, and may not if we dont. Can hardly blame him.

I think he is based in the north west, the contract is sorted bar the relocation package. DC wants him to relocate, not a bad thing. Eards will sign, who wouldn't want to play for City at the moment?....

Yep, I was having a chat with him after the Crewe game and he is actually in Preston with his family there, he has a young child and I think if something could be done for the family it would help matters.

Very injury-prone. Has played 107 games in the last 5 years.

Some of Hobbs’ lack of game time at Forest is not being fancied by some of their managers plus I am pretty sure he was one of those cases where if he played a certain amount of games then it would cost the club. A cracking player nonetheless.

Does anyone think that Farman will move on in the summer?

Could a move for Allsop be in the offing if Farms does move on?

I didn't put anything on players leaving because well, I thought it wouldn't be nice if they saw it and we'll need the squad to be working as a unit in the next 5 games.

I would be surprised if Allsop isn't available from Bournemouth in the summer. If he joins us will be another family/ where he's based deal/ other offers he has IMO. And of course if D and N want him. I believe he was only signed because at the time we only had 1 keeper fit.

I would be surprised if Allsop isn't available from Bournemouth in the summer. If he joins us will be another family/ where he's based deal/ other offers he has IMO. And of course if D and N want him. I believe he was only signed because at the time we only had 1 keeper fit.

I suspect we may return to Vickers as our first-choice keeper when he is fit again (i.e. next season). Would Allsop move to Lincoln under those circumstances?