Summer Transfer Window | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Window

Imps2018

Vital 1st Team Regular
So obviously it's verrrrry early to talk about this whilst we don't know what league we'll be in and I'm sure the Cowley's have a plan anyway but what business would people like to see us do this summer?
New contracts for Whitehouse and Eardley?
Rowe in permanently? Raggett back (He's not playing a lot for Norwich) if we're league 1? Jack Hobbs back (Only at Forest, not sure if he's playing or his contract.)? Christian Doidge from Forest Green (probably rely on us going up and maybe the vegans going down)?

Well i would like to think Lyle Taylor is on our radar! Free transfer( mythical of course with signing on fee)

I think that's just the next, hopefully, 5 games. He should be back for next season

Think he's only on loan until the season end, which I presume would have covered the play off dates. Wait and see what Ipswich do with him.

Yeah he'd be a new signing whether permanent or loan. And Ipswich may want to keep him around, depends on their post Mick direction

So obviously it's verrrrry early to talk about this whilst we don't know what league we'll be in and I'm sure the Cowley's have a plan anyway but what business would people like to see us do this summer?
Rowe in permanently? Raggett back (He's not playing a lot for Norwich) if we're league 1? Jack Hobbs back (Only at Forest, not sure if he's playing or his contract.)? Christian Doidge from Forest Green (probably rely on us going up and maybe the vegans going down)?

I am sure that the Cowleys have their ideas and plans ready to go, depending upon which league we are in, no doubt.

With regards Raggett, I think I'd rather we went for Scott Wharton who has been a magnificent loan signing. Doidge? maybe, but if we do get promoted, could he hack it in League 1? Jack Hobbs - interesting thought. I saw him play his only 20-odd minutes for City some years back, against Bristol Rovers if I remember correctly, and he was a class above.

Be a miracle if the vegans go down from here, unless they've played an ineligible player

I am sure that the Cowleys have their ideas and plans ready to go, depending upon which league we are in, no doubt.

With regards Raggett, I think I'd rather we went for Scott Wharton who has been a magnificent loan signing. Doidge? maybe, but if we do get promoted, could he hack it in League 1? Jack Hobbs - interesting thought. I saw him play his only 20-odd minutes for City some years back, against Bristol Rovers if I remember correctly, and he was a class above.
Rumor has it Doidge is off to Luton

Ipswich forum says Rowe to Lincoln is a done deal.
Jack Hobbs? According to my Football Manager 2018 Demo game, he's on £20k a week at Forest, but his contract finishes June 30th 2018. There's a thread on the Forest forum -3 days ago about him. The gist is he's a good player but poor value for money as he's been injured a lot this season. most are suggesting a rolling contract, but no more. He could become available.

We must keep Eardley and Whitehorse, and pick up a couple of really good finishers. Having watched the Coventry match you could argue that we are fine for forwards, but strengthening the front line would be beneficial...

I doubted Wharton would be available which is why I didn't include him. I haven't added Williams either because if Rochdale come down I'd expect they'll intend on keeping him. So maybe another winger? I had a quick look at transfermarkt.com and Wolves have a winger Jordan Graham out of contract who looks decent.

With Blackburn being promoted I can see them sending Wharton on loan again next season. He would be a great loan signing for us. We definitely need a another forward and a creative midfield player. If we can't get Wharton we will need another central back as well.Having said all this I am sure Danny has his targets already sorted. The only thing that worries me is the Eardley situation we seem to have been talking for ever about a contract for him after this season . But nothing seems to be happening, I just get the feeling that he has offers from elsewhere and could well be moving on next season. This would be a big loss as he one of players who can cut it in a higher division.

Does anyone know where Eardley is based? If he's taking a long time he may have an offer from league 1/2 which is closer to home and he's just waiting to see what league we're in.

I think he is based in the north west, the contract is sorted bar the relocation package. DC wants him to relocate, not a bad thing. Eards will sign, who wouldn't want to play for City at the moment?....