Summer Transfer Window | Page 9 | Vital Football

Summer Transfer Window

MK Dons central defender Harry Darling...great name has been linked.

I don't think the club will look at a cebtral defender as they have 4 in Zimmerman, omobamidele, Hanley, gibson and the Sorensen and byram who they have played there and the young tompkinson. Unless of course tompkinson going out on loan, and another being sold?

Its a left sided CB that we need once we have offloaded some of the players we dont need any more. Darling is a right footed CB.

Some eagle eyed fan noticed that yesterday Max Aarons removed @norwich_city_player from his Instagram bio. This has lead some to think a move is immanent.

Webber has already said there is little to spend, so they will want to get some money in asap and the articles I've seen put Aarons at a value of 20 million.

Don't they sometimes play right footed players on the left?
They do indeed. Williams played left back and he is right footed...same with Byram. Zimmermann, Omobamidele and Hanley all played as the left sided central defender when they are right footed.

Some eagle eyed fan noticed that yesterday Max Aarons removed @norwich_city_player from his Instagram bio. This has lead some to think a move is immanent.

Webber has already said there is little to spend, so they will want to get some money in asap and the articles I've seen put Aarons at a value of 20 million.
His head has finally moved on from Norwich but I believe he has been quite faithful and wish him well.

I can see him joining the likes of Sutton, Madison, Hucks etc. as NCFC fans.

Rashica linked with Schalke 04, and I think he wants out. If we can get our money back then off you go.

German sports media reported....

'a loan offer worth £1.5m with an obligation to buy for an extra £8m at the end of the season was rejected by City officials.'

The report also says that

'Rashica gained a reputation for being frequently unsettled at clubs, and always looking to force moves on several occasions. In the summer window of 2020, it looked like he was heading to Bayer Leverkusen, but they were unable to get the deal over the line.'

They report that club want at least 9.5 million

Last edited:
West ham right back Ryan Fredericks linked. He is going to be on a free in a few weeks.

Middlesbrough interested.

The guy has had his injuries so suits us

They do indeed. Williams played left back and he is right footed...same with Byram. Zimmermann, Omobamidele and Hanley all played as the left sided central defender when they are right footed.

Full backs playing say on the left who are right footed to counter their opponent who cuts inside BUT left footed players are preferred (if you can find them) for the left sided CB role as they have to pass out of defence. Its not so easy for right footed players to play as a left CB.

I see the pink un are saying we will go back to loan market (as we have no money to spend).

I'm happy to get loans in but the loans have to have some clause that means we can buy them if we want with an agreed fee otherwise it could end up in the Skipp situation again.

Hayden has that which is good but the issue with that is we have to buy him if we go up even if he is crap....I believe that's the scenario.

If we have no money to spend, why did we take up the option on Cantwell?
Are we still building the Recovery Room at Colney? £6m??

defensive midfielder Nelson Khumbeni has signed for Bolton.

He looked a decent youngster. All the best.

Stiepermann has signed for German fourth-tier side Wuppertaler SV.

The guy is much better than that. I'm so surprised no one took a punt on him.

Maybe he just isn't that interested in football.

I think transfers might get lively around the 30th June 2022 onwards.

30th June is the end of the financial year. So if anybody is buying Aarons i dont expect it to happen in this financial year.

I see the pink un are saying we will go back to loan market (as we have no money to spend).

I'm happy to get loans in but the loans have to have some clause that means we can buy them if we want with an agreed fee otherwise it could end up in the Skipp situation again.

Hayden has that which is good but the issue with that is we have to buy him if we go up even if he is crap....I believe that's the scenario.
It should be that he has started at least half of the applicable games. In which case if we are promoted, he will have helped.

Stiepermann has signed for German fourth-tier side Wuppertaler SV.

The guy is much better than that. I'm so surprised no one took a punt on him.

Maybe he just isn't that interested in football.

Didn't Covid do a number on him? Ability wise he is far too good for that league.